• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Newbie questions (1 Viewer)

DodoDude

RedCents
201¢
I have a ton of newbie questions... I honestly just need pointed in the right direction though. I'll explain a bit of my current goal and my end goal and see if I am on the right track.

Currently I just have a low level SK. I have been grinding and leveling... I am in my low 20's. I'll want to play to about level 70-80 and then just go heroic with a team of toons. Right now I am leveling up trying to learn the basics. I have the very basics down... I installed MQ2, it automatically starts with QQ2Melee on all combat which I know how to turn off and I disabled auto agro, and I started KissAssist but really have not gone much into it.

I'll just list out my questions here that I think are easy to answer.
  1. I have two crude defiant maces in my bags... I attuned one... but the melee plugin keeps trying to switch between them and I have a constant question to attune a mace. How do I stop that?
  2. I want to set up a simple camp point and a pull to camp sort of macro, but I am lost... how do I do that?
  3. If I wanted to take it a step further and move along a specific path pulling everything in a loop, how do I do that?
  4. Is there a way I can make the MQ2Melee program not take over my movement?
  5. How can I get my SK to start using life taps? Same with pulling, can I get him to pull with spells?

I think this is it... I was trying to look up guides for all this, but it is a bit much having just installed for the first time.

Thanks, for #2, I can't find the section. I know there is a puller setting, but how do I set my stick point and then force the toon to start pulling? It is still unclear.

For basic pulling, it will set the "camp" wherever start your "/mac kissassist" and that is where the puller/pullertank will return with mobs. You could also try Hunter mode where KA will wander around your set radius and kill, as opposed to pulling.

Lifetap spells can be added to the DPS section if you want to cast them constantly and the Heal section if you want some to be used when you need healing. You can find your character ini in the Macros folder under Release. KA will make a default one for each character the first time your run KA, after that it just reads them and adds new sections if needed.

Sample SK DPS where it will start casting lifetaps once the mob is at 98% health.
Rich (BB code):
DPS10=Xalgoz's Bite|98
DPS11=Touch of Hemofax|98
DPS12=Touch of T`Vem|98

Sample SK Heal section where it will use lifetaps/abilities/discs when the SK drops to certain health percentages. The "Tap" modifer at the end lets KA know it should keep the mob targeted, instead of targeting the SK to cast a heal.
Rich (BB code):
[Heals]
Help=Format Spell|% to heal at i.e. Devout Light Rk. II|50
HealsOn=1
Heals1=Touch of T`Vem|90|Tap
Heals2=Spurn|60|Tap
Heals3=Shield Flash|50|Tap
Heals4=Dire Testimony|40|Tap
Heals5=Fundament: Third Spire of the Reaver|35|Tap
Heals6=Dichotomic Fang|30|Tap
Heals7=Leech Touch|25|Tap
Heals8=Leechcurse Disipline|23|Tap
Heals9=NULL
Heals10=Deflection Discipline|20|Tap
Heals11=Krellnakor Mantle|15|Tap
Heals12=NULL

XTarHeal=0
HealGroupPetsOn=0
HealsSize=12
XTarHeal2=0
HealsCOn=0
AutoRezOn=0
AutoRezWith=Your Rez Item/AA/Spell
XTarHealList=NULL

When I was just learning KA, I also found it helpful to browse the compiled ini post and see what people are using for various classes.

Newbie questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back