• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - How to simplify porting multiple groups (1 Viewer)

RoboClaptrap4

RedCents
181¢
Trying to figure out the most straight-forward way to approach something. I have three groups with 3 porters (1 druid, 2 wizards). Something I find myself doing all the time that's intensely annoying is "manually mem port spell on druid, manually mem port spell on wizard 1, manually mem port spell on wizard 2, then switch between all three windows casting". Ideally, I would want to do this from my main screen without a bunch of manual steps. The simple approach would be just sending some BCTs to each caster with a multiline for memming a hard-coded spell name, waiting for the spell gem, and then casting it. There are some issues with that though:

1. Druid spells are generally called Circle of Somewhere, and the wizard spells are often called Somewhere Portal
2. There are numerous stupid inconsistencies and exceptions to the above rules (i.e. Markar's Relocation, Wind of the North, etc)
3. I don't want to have to create multiple pages of hotkeys, one for each of the two dozen or so locations I might want to go to

Can anyone think of any sort of general strategy for how to approach this problem? I basically want to make the process of porting across 3 characters faster and easier

Edit: Nevermind, I see what you were getting at. That does seem fairly trivial. Adding a couple dozen aliases this way seems much easier than doing it with macros. Thanks

Last edited:
Make a different spell set with each port spell memmed in a specific slot. What I normally do is clear my ENTIRE spell set and ONLY mem the port spells while im doing this (this will allow me to only ever have to make this spell set once and save it from wasting time memming more than just the port spell). If you leave other spells on your spell bar while making your spell sets for porting, it'll create issues for you later when you switch around your spells. It's better to create your port spell lists with only the port spells and every other gem slot blank.

After you do this you can broadcast to each character /memspellset PoK and your 3 chars will all mem the PoK spell - then all you need is a universal keybinding for just port spells. That'll be the keybind you use to always port your team around while you use /memspellset <ZoneName> to change your port locations.

In my experience there's no better/faster way than this method and it's a lot less confusing than using MQ2 to do it. It's how I used to move my raid around on Lockjaw before PoK.

Rich (BB code):
/noparse /alias /portpok /bcaa /docommand ${If[!${Bool[${EasyFind[Plane of Knowledge].Name}]} && ${Select[${Me.Class.ShortName},WIZ,DRU]},/casting "$If[${Me.Class.ShortName.Equal[DRU]},Circle of Knowledge,Knowledge Portal]}" gem1,/easyfind "Plane of Knowledge"]}

/portpok and bam, you're in Plane of Knowledge x18. Do this but for other port spells, season to taste until you're happy with the flavor, ???, then profit.

Jesus mother of god... lol.... THAT would be f'n useful!

Slightly different than you asked, but... I have 3 wizzies and I have them bound in places I often go (PoK, Bazaar, and a Grind spot or zone). I can then do a group "Teleport Bind" AA for the group. With at least 3 characters there, I then summon a camp and bring over the rest of the Fellowship via /bcaa //itemnotify "${FindItem[=Fellowship Registration Insignia]} rightmouseup

Most of my non-porting characters are bound to the guild hall near the corpse summoners. At the end of a session, I send 3 characters to their common bind point, have one of them summon a camp, then fellowship insignia per above.

Question - How to simplify porting multiple groups

Users who are viewing this thread

Back