• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Which 3rd party tool? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
14¢
I normally box 4 characters and have just recently added a 5th. I need some assistance in managing these characters. I tab over and press keys I have set up. It has got me looking into 3rd party software to help me. I was on the verge of getting ISBoxer but saw this on Almars guides. I am meleeing heavy in my setup. Currently running brd/bst/enc/mnk/war. My main question is will this software help me and how? Thanks in advance!

I'll send you a free month of level 2 access to try it out and see if it works for what you need.

You should be able to download and install our tools and use them for the next month.

Happy hunting!

I normally box 4 characters and have just recently added a 5th. I need some assistance in managing these characters. I tab over and press keys I have set up. It has got me looking into 3rd party software to help me. I was on the verge of getting ISBoxer but saw this on Almars guides. I am meleeing heavy in my setup. Currently running brd/bst/enc/mnk/war. My main question is will this software help me and how? Thanks in advance!

I used Innerspace/IsBoxer for years. It is good, but the only main feature of it is to broadcast whatever you do on your first window, to all the others. So like this you can run a whole team without ever alt tabbing (once it is set up). For example you have your 1 Hotkey on your tank to mash taunt. And then your 1 Hotkey on your wizard to nuke, and on your shaman to slow, and your druid to snare. So when you now press 1, all your characters will do this first hotkey. You can box a lot easier like that, and it also manages the windows better. There is a Formations option but it doesn't work very well imo and positioning melee characters doesn't really get any easier.

But MQ2 (and KissAssist) is on a whole other level. You setup the characters to actually play by themselves. It takes a lot more time and effort to get them doing what you need them to do, but once it is setup, you could literally go afk and watch your party act like a party of real people. There is no faking, they are really behaving like real people, if not better. So healers will wait for someone to get injured, and then they will cast their heal. Nukers will be doing damage while also keeping an eye on their aggro. Tanks will hold aggro and use emergency stuff if aggro is ever lost, etc. A lot of people go afk and let their party fight and get exp, but this is actually against the rules. But what you can do (and what I think most people probably do), is you just play whichever character you actually WANT to play. And then all the others will be fighting automatically. Not only that but they move themselves too, so if you are playing with melees, they will chase the mob and attack it in melee, use whichever abilities, they can even get behind the mob if they are a rogue, or do whatever you want. It is very advanced. But again, it takes time to set up and you have to learn how to edit the files, but all the answers to everything are here on the forum and you can ask questions if you get stuck.

Last edited:
I'll send you a free month of level 2 access to try it out and see if it works for what you need.

You should be able to download and install our tools and use them for the next month.

Happy hunting!

Amazing! I've not completely mastered it yet. What I have done has made my management of 5 characters much more enjoyable. I will be getting this after the trial for sure. Thanks again!

Problem - Which 3rd party tool?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back