• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Help with my first plugin (MQ2eqbc) (1 Viewer)

datadog

RedCents
EDIT: Im not taking credit for writing the plugin. It was written for the VIP's at the MQ2 forums (link is below if you have access) by Omnictrl.

I compiled the MQ2eqbc plugin and built it into my own personal compile using the macroquest2 prescribed procedure. I got no errors during compile. When I do a /plugin list MQ2eqbc shows up there, so I know its loading.

I get no errors, but none of the plugin's commands work. When I type any of the documented commands, I get the following error:

"That is not a valid command. Use /help"

The commands are things like (just a sample)
/bccmd connect <server> <port> (defaults: 127.0.0.1 2112)
/bccmd quit (disconnects)
/bccmd help (show help)
/bc ver (show eqbc version info)

For those with VIP access at the MQ2 forums, here is the link:
http://www.macroquest2.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12147&highlight=eqbc

EDIT2:
I have the eqbcs server compiled and running on my local networked linux box. Its running and waiting for a connection, i just cant figure out why the plugin is not accepting my commands.

Last edited:
ok, well I figured out where I went wrong.

I missed an important step (forgot to copy/paste the code into the newly created .cpp file).

I have now compiled and am running MQ2eqbc, as well as MQ2NetBot and MQ2NetStat. I havnt played with them much, but I'm pretty excited about the potential.

There's two main big features.

1) Console control of all toons connected. So with this plugin loaded, you can start macros and issue all slash commands on other toons connected as if you were at their console. Makes boxing a group much easier.

2) Realtime stat communication. If you have a group of toons, and ToonA gets hit for some damage, it reports ToonA's health to the server, which then reports it to ToonB's client, so then a macro on ToonB can heal ToonA. There is a small delay in this process so if you have any lag, you can have an event where you start a heal and someone winds up dead before it lands.

With EQBC, ToonA reports his health to the EQBC server (locally) and EQBC then sends it to ToonB. Healing macros become alot tighter then before since the health and other stat updates are all done locally instead of having to send them to EQ's server and wait on a response to the other clients.

Help with my first plugin (MQ2eqbc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back