• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Ignore mob by ID? (1 Viewer)

runordie

RedCents
239¢
Is there a way for my tank running KA to not attack a mob based on its ID? It annoying when I have a charm pet, change screens for a few seconds, come back and my pet broke and died.

I have an audio trigger for the charm break, but I'm not quicker than KA, thats why I use KA...Cant use ignore by name because I also want to kill those mobs with that same name.

Something I could enter into the tank's holy/downs to not attack a mob with an ID that I enter in each time I find a pet to charm?

It would take creating a list of id's that can be maintained dynamically, so you could add ID's to the list and have the macro remove the ID's once the spawn no longer exists. It wouldn't be hard to do, but this is by no means a K.I.S.S. Function.

On your tank you would need a hotkey that triggers a bind that would handle adding Your Targt.ID to the list. Then in the ValidateTarget routine you would need to check if the MobID is on the list and if it is then invalidate the mob so the Tank doesn't attack.

OK give this a try, I haven't tested it, but run this on your tank. create a new hot key like this:

Name: IgnoreByID
command: /addignore ${Target.ID} 1

Target the mob you want to add to the list, from your tank/MA and press the new hotkey. This will add the mobs ID to a list and if the mob dies, it will be removed, otherwise the Tank should ignore the mob..

Attachments

• kissassist_10.2.51.mac
    580.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
hmm it didnt seem to work

i ran that mac on my tank, then targeted the charm pet, and /addignore ${Target.ID} 1

the mq2 window gave the message saying AddMobIgnore 1234 1, but i invis'd the chanter to break charm and tank went right after the pet

thanks tho, ill keep messing around with it, maybe im doing something outta order

Nope you got it in order. Try this for me. After hitting the hotkey and adding the mob to the list see what this returns. /echo ${MobsToIgnoreByID}

Let me know what that returns?

I might need to add the check in the pullvalidate as well, but I didn't think I would need to.

I think you may have an alias issue as well. make sure you don't have an /addignore alias.

If you have the /addignore alias you will need to run the Remove_Alias.mac and change the kissversion in your ini file to recreate the correct aliases the next time you run KA.

Attachments

• remove_alias.mac
    3.1 KB · Views: 13
i recreated the correct alias and now /addignore ${Target.ID} 1 is returning "No NPC named (1234) detected. Nothing added to list."

maybe i have to addignore some how before its charmed?

also should i recreate the correct alias for all my toons?

- - - Updated - - -

its a bingo!

seems to work when i do /backoff on the tank, do /addignore ${Target.ID} 1, then charmed with chanter, then /backoff=0 on tank, now /echo ${MobsToIgnoreByID} returns 26562|26562|null and tank does not attack on charm break!

sweet stuff thanks!!

Also I am trying to think of a better way to target mobs when trying to add them to the ignorelist. The problem is Kiss doesn't stop to let you target the mob when trying to add it to the list. That is why using /backoff worked. I was thinking maybe adding an additional param that would pause while in the addignore routine, to give you a chance to target the mob you want to add. Any ideas are welcome..

Also I am trying to think of a better way to target mobs when trying to add them to the ignorelist. The problem is Kiss doesn't stop to let you target the mob when trying to add it to the list. That is why using /backoff worked. I was thinking maybe adding an additional param that would pause while in the addignore routine, to give you a chance to target the mob you want to add. Any ideas are welcome..

i think ideally you want to add the mob to the list while the mob is charmed.

the reason I went to /backoff was because I got the message "No NPC named (1234) detected. Nothing added to list."

made me think that a charmed pet isn't classified as an NPC anymore - any way to widen that scope to accept more than just NPCs?

not the best idea but maybe you could require the enchanter to be targeting the mob and have the tank reference the enchanter's target?

if the charm and pulling mobs arent the same name, will addtoignore on the charmed name cause the tank and dps to ignore it even when charm breaks and its on the extended target list? @ctaylor22

i realize you wrote the code above but I dont have it added, and seemed the original poster was looking for a fix because he was killing the same mobs as he was charming but im talking about having a charmed pet different from the mobs im killing.

Last edited:
The toon doing the charming has to pause/backoff KA prior to charming the mob correct? Perhaps you could add a CharmedMobID setting in the KissAssist_Buffs.ini file that could be read by others running KA. Another option would be to add Auto Charm functionality to the charming toon (Chanter or Bard I assume) if that does not already exist. A bit of work but may be nice functionality to have Auto Charm and ensure all KA runners are aware of your charmed mobs.

if the charm and pulling mobs arent the same name, will addtoignore on the charmed name cause the tank and dps to ignore it even when charm breaks and its on the extended target list? @ctaylor22

i realize you wrote the code above but I dont have it added, and seemed the original poster was looking for a fix because he was killing the same mobs as he was charming but im talking about having a charmed pet different from the mobs im killing.

The ignorelist is only good for pulling, once the mob shows up on your xtarget it is fair game. I had to add special code for the MA to ignore the mobs added to the dynamic Ignore list(By ID). That's one of the reasons this mod is not considered KISS.

Question - Ignore mob by ID?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back