• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Columbus Nova assets frozen, Daybreak distances itself. (1 Viewer)

unprofessional to post the rumors as news for massivelyop.com Especially without a verified source or even a 2nd source. Just some anon post and they make it out to be fact.

It also makes no sense. You don't sunset profitable games no one does that.

EQ makes money. If they are keeping investment in EQ low (staff cuts, lower amount of content in expansions) there is no chance in hell Daybreak/Columbus Nova is investing in an imaginary EQ3 or planning to force the nostalgia-based fans to move to something new. This "rumors" post wasn't even well thought out by whomever made it up.

NEWS JUST IN! Fox News Reported that the Easter Bunny and Santa Clause are working with Russia to make EQ4 and it will be a Battle Royale where the winner of each match gets a free box of salt mailed to them from the ghost of Mr. Rogers!

See anyone can make up weird shit on the internet... Fact is until JUNE 5TH we simply will not know who has the better lawyer and if our game will be here...

NEWS JUST IN! Fox News Reported that the Easter Bunny and Santa Clause are working with Russia to make EQ4 and it will be a Battle Royale where the winner of each match gets a free box of salt mailed to them from the ghost of Mr. Rogers!

See anyone can make up weird shit on the internet... Fact is until JUNE 5TH we simply will not know who has the better lawyer and if our game will be here...

In my tangential state when I was investigating the fuck out of things... I noticed that the June 5th deadline is for INTERNATIONAL businesses and pertains to goods, services, technology IMPORTED into the united states. I don't think the June 5th deadline would affect Daybreak for that very reason, since they aren't an international company (unless they're considered that due to their one EU server... not sure)

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Documents/ukraine_gl12a.pdf

Dunno if that means we have nothing to worry about or more. I also don't even know if I am right, my lawyer speak is about 20/100 and I *think* I read it right. Here's the part:

(a) Except as provided in paragraph (c) of this general license, all transactions and activities
otherwise prohibited by the Ukraine Related Sanctions Regulations, 31 C.F.R. part 589, that are
ordinarily incident and necessary to the maintenance or wind down of operations, contracts, or other
agreements, including the importation of goods, services, or technology into the United States,
involving one or more of the following blocked persons and that were in effect prior to April 6, 2018,
are authorized through 12:01 a.m. eastern daylight time, June 5, 2018

The way I understood it, the US companies ARE foreign to the Russian, so when it says international it means not Russian, so the US would be that and so the June 5th deadline seems to be in effect.

I did watch a long video on Planetside 2 talking about this whole layoff mess was actually based on H1Z1 running out of cash due to decline of that game and them wanting a hail mary of starting a tournament and paying like 50k a year to top players. Lets hope THAT one is actually true and H1Z1 will just go the way of EQ Next and we can go on...

The way I understood it, the US companies ARE foreign to the Russian, so when it says international it means not Russian, so the US would be that and so the June 5th deadline seems to be in effect.

I did watch a long video on Planetside 2 talking about this whole layoff mess was actually based on H1Z1 running out of cash due to decline of that game and them wanting a hail mary of starting a tournament and paying like 50k a year to top players. Lets hope THAT one is actually true and H1Z1 will just go the way of EQ Next and we can go on...

Yea, it could mean that the US is a foreign company (after all the legislation we're reading is called Ukraine Related Sanctions Regulations 31 C.F.R. Part 589) which would mean that the US IS a foreign entity in that case. Although, it doesn't make sense why the FBI (they handle domestic crime) is investigating and not the CIA (who handles foreign) if we're to assume that it's a foreign regulations case.

The more I investigated this situation the more confused I got since all of the facts aren't currently available. I have my fingers and toes crossed though that we find out soon WTF is going to happen to EQ. I also have my fingers and toes crossed hoping that Daybreak is competent enough to sell EQ if things are going to go sideways.

If they abandon EQ and just let the IP rot until a firesale or whatever it's called it's game over even if another company does pick it up. Too many people will quit with the game being down for months as the government takes their good ol' sweet time.

The way I read all the information, Sony still owns 10% of the company and you can bet if it is going to fold that Sony has a clause to be able to take back the IP

Anyone know about what might happen today/tomorrow and if there is any way of knowing if anything will happen? Apparently the investigation had until the 5th to do something, or something. I don't know... I've been without internet for 3 weeks. Feel like I was on a desert island.

if the servers are up at midnight tonight then we are all in the clear... spoiler.. we are all in the clear

News - Columbus Nova assets frozen, Daybreak distances itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back