• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Is it just me... or is MQ2 FASTER with the latest builds? (1 Viewer)

joojoobee

A Member to Remember
RedCents
4,237¢
I use Kiss for my pulling, and other macros for wizzies and clerics, etc. Usually Kiss tends to hesitate between pulls. I know others have commented on that as well.

So... yesterday after the new MQ2 build for the EQ patch... it seems things are faster. Of course, I don't have timing data, etc., but it SEEMS things are working faster.

Is it just my hopeful thinking that the EQ patch (where Daybreak claims to have fixed some low level coding issues for newer CPUs) actually made things BETTER for MQ2??

Omg I only just tried it now since the update, there is a huge difference for me! Like 5 times faster, if not more! I spent ages trying to figure out how to make my healer nuke in between heals and he just hardly ever did it. I gave up and figured it was ok that he rarely nukes, at least he is focused on the healing. But now he spams it instantly when he has a chance. It is like they don't need to think anymore, they just act. Really happy to see it work like this. Everything else is much faster too, my Warrior spams his aggro abilities really fast so if aggro is lost, he grabs it back instantly now! Heals, nukes, everything else from all characters is working so much faster. This is a completely different experience to when I played before the update. So happy about this! :D

Last edited:
That's what I thought too. KA was really slow for me before the patch, and since the patch it is lightning fast. It makes me think there was some buggy EQ code slowing it down that is now gone. And maybe the tweaked code and faster servers have affected it too so I get a double whammy. It is completely different now, it is amazing! My group kill a mob in no time. They used to stand around like they were pondering the universe in between spell casts. Now they just spam out their routine in no time. It is awesome :D

I think that MQ2 is running better and characters do things faster and more efficiently. It's just a shame that DBG can't keep the servers up after the big update. DBG needs to move some of their programmers to doing parking lot cleanup and some of their developers/managers to cleaning bathrooms. Then hire some really good programmers to replace them. But that is just a fantasy dream. :( :drink :banjo:

Question - Is it just me... or is MQ2 FASTER with the latest builds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back