• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - tanks, tanks and more tanks (1 Viewer)

B

bizmark2

I have an SK tanking EoK and he does more DPS than all my other chars besides the RNG. How crazy would it be to have a SK, PAL and WAR all in one grp?? I kind of want to do it just because I can.

WAR
PAL
SK
BST (ENC??)
RNG
CLR

Maybe replace BST with a ENC. That way 500,000 melee are not locking on a mob and only tanks move in. Plus the mana regen and CC.

Something like this seems fun, put all the tanks in full Suze, should be able to handle most stuff. DPS might be a little low but I doubt there would be a wipe eeevvver.

i do war/sk/pal/cle/dru/shm for the lulz. dying is hard. ha! dps is fine for xp zones and eok progression. i haven't done ros progression with this group, i'm sure that would be tough.

i think i'm going to try sk/sk/sk/shm/shm/shm this summer. again, for the lulz. that's lich sting and ruchu running 100 percent of the time!

I have an SK tanking EoK and he does more DPS than all my other chars besides the RNG. How crazy would it be to have a SK, PAL and WAR all in one grp?? I kind of want to do it just because I can.

WAR
PAL
SK
BST (ENC??)
RNG
CLR

Maybe replace BST with a ENC. That way 500,000 melee are not locking on a mob and only tanks move in. Plus the mana regen and CC.

Something like this seems fun, put all the tanks in full Suze, should be able to handle most stuff. DPS might be a little low but I doubt there would be a wipe eeevvver.

Scrap the ENC/BST and add a Bard to that setup. Swap Cleric for Shaman (if you don't care about survive-ability). But definitely swap in a bard!

My exp grp can get to 109 right now. I will have to move after 109, but my bard is 109 already. My PAL, WAR and ENC are 90s and will be 106+ by this weekend I am sure. Once I get all 9-10 chars to 106+ I will decide where to go and what's next on my adventure.

Scrap the ENC/BST and add a Bard to that setup. Swap Cleric for Shaman (if you don't care about survive-ability). But definitely swap in a bard!

Yeah I agree, a bard will bring alot of melee ADPS to that group.. and he can do your CC for you at the same time..

One of the next groups Im going to spin up is Pal/war/war/war/bst/shm

Why three warriors? That sounds like total and complete overkill to the point of uselessness. I can see why you'd do 3 SKs or Sk/war/pal but 3 warriors? Unless you manually played them all to cycle cooldowns I can't see it being that effective. I'm really curious to know what made you decide to give a team like that a try

Why three warriors? That sounds like total and complete overkill to the point of uselessness. I can see why you'd do 3 SKs or Sk/war/pal but 3 warriors? Unless you manually played them all to cycle cooldowns I can't see it being that effective. I'm really curious to know what made you decide to give a team like that a try

Short summary, I have a personal project I am working on and after spinning all of my dps classes around, there were still 3 warriors and a paladin left behind without DPS. Rather then leveling another 16 dps/adps to go with them, I just opted that when I go to finish them off, I'll just run them up together. My preferred location works best if characters are batch run together from 106-110. The warriors aren't the best dps, etc but it also allows me to run the level up in one fell swoop.

Re Aspires comment: Sure if you need them to be perfectly optimal all the time, however my tanks that are AA'd then drop to silver still do fine for the uses I have for them w/o prestige gear.

Discussion - tanks, tanks and more tanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back