• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - lag (1 Viewer)

B

bizmark2

Anyone every hear of lag when looking forward on char but no lag when looking at ground? I must have changed something and now the clients run like crap. Wasn't having an issue before.

from a old post I posted, I went through and found a glitch that caused me massive lag and this is what it was

Ok so I went through and tested all the graphic settings in the options menu in game. I tried every combination and found that if I uncheck *allow hw Vertex shaders* it causes a ton of lag, even if everything else is on.. I now have everything else off and the second I uncheck that and log back in its instant 5 fps.. im sitting at 135 fps in the lobby with 30 people next to me.

well if you don't allow hardware vertex shaders then that means something else is handling the vertex shaders. In this case it's referring to a preference between GPU (on) or CPU (off). Your CPU isn't designed to do it, your GPU is. Typically a person runs out of juice in the processor before they run out of juice in the GPU. I'd recommend always having that on.

Exibit A:
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/fps-drop-when-viewing-characters.241594/

there are many thing you can do to decrease lag. This a a good place to start, but not that in order to see some special events you need some of those turned on. collectibles can be almost invisible or see from the other side of the zone. You can hide afk players, and even set your processor affinity.

Tech - lag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back