• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Running KA outside of group (1 Viewer)

RedCents
476¢
is there a way I can run KA with a melee char outside of group? I am trying to target the tank in a group, /mac kissassist --- but it keeps thinking the dude im running KA of off is a named mob, and he keeps targeting the mob, then the tank, back and forth. I also tried putting the group's tank on extended target window #1 slot, but that didn't work either.

I've always had the same problem, anytime I try to put one of my toons outside of group and use kiss it doesn't work right. It rapidly changes target between the MA and their targeted mob. The toon will still preform some of the DPS, or heals, but definitely doesn't act right.

Also I play on a TLP server and we don't have a legit ETW yet. I'm glad someone else asked this, I've been wondering about it.

Turn off Group mainassist on the melee toon, that is outside of group. What is happening is you are trying to assist YOUR groups Group MainAssist and NOT the Targeted MA. There is a check in Kiss that checks for the groups assigned Mainassist and if there isn't one, it defaults to /assisting the character you defined as MainAssist.

Where do we "Turn off Group mainassist"? Is that in the .ini file somewhere? I don't see it. I tried searching the site for it and didn't get much. I must be wording it wrong.

On toons outside of the group I make sure the MA is in the Xtar window- it helps the character keep an eye on things better- then target the tank and type /mac kissassist assist

Smooth sailing from there.

If you dont see your xtar window, type /xtar show then /loadskin (make sure keep layout is checked)

On toons outside of the group I make sure the MA is in the Xtar window- it helps the character keep an eye on things better- then target the tank and type /mac kissassist assist

Smooth sailing from there.

If you dont see your xtar window, type /xtar show then /loadskin (make sure keep layout is checked)

I didn't realize we could use the ETW on TLP yet, thanks! I had one build into my HUD, but I wasn't able to assign targets.

Unfortunately this didn't solve the problem for me. I dropped one of my toons out of the group, assigned my MA as the first slot on his extended target window, then did /mac kissassist assist, while targeting him. The toon will still preform most of the kiss functions, but it still changes target back and forth very rapidly between the mob I'm fighting and the MA.

If anyone happens to click on my toon that's outside of group, they will see their Target's Target window going insane with different targets.

Because in programming that is a complete error in syntax. It'll ignore the line completely if there is a space between Healing and =1.

Coding doesnt use "close enough mechanics"

Last edited:
I didn't realize we could use the ETW on TLP yet, thanks! I had one build into my HUD, but I wasn't able to assign targets.

Unfortunately this didn't solve the problem for me. I dropped one of my toons out of the group, assigned my MA as the first slot on his extended target window, then did /mac kissassist assist, while targeting him. The toon will still preform most of the kiss functions, but it still changes target back and forth very rapidly between the mob I'm fighting and the MA.

If anyone happens to click on my toon that's outside of group, they will see their Target's Target window going insane with different targets.

Post a debug log from the character this is happening on..

Question - Running KA outside of group

Users who are viewing this thread

Back