• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Tank Stat (1 Viewer)

What is best for tanks , AGI or DEX and why . GOOO.........

There are at least two other threads either devoted to this question or totally hijacked by this question. If I can find them I'll link them, but I'll summarize:

- It depends.

/thread done.

To be fair, I think it really does depend. Are you raiding or grouping? What class are you talking about? SKs have lots of innate procs that lifetap and offset damage being taken, so in the group game I believe fed gets the nod. I know I've gone full hDex (as much as feasible) and my SK is f'n awesome (he's also admittedly very decked out in chase items for non-vis stuff. I'm wearing EoK group armor for visibles.

With that said, I went hAgi and hSta on my warrior.

There are at least two other threads either devoted to this question or totally hijacked by this question. If I can find them I'll link them, but I'll summarize:

- It depends.

/thread done.

What he said
Using "Quick Reply"
Playbetter

Do you want to dps more to get mobs dead faster by 1-3% extra dps? hDex

Do you want to mitigate a 30k dmg hit by 1-3%, while increasing your raw hp slightly? hStam

Do you want to completely avoid a 30k dmg hit by 1-3%, while increasing your raw AC slightly? hAgi

All tanks, keep h.agi, then h.sta, i personally like h.str for warrior after that. iknwo its not the common thing to do.

but alll those 3 stats allows you to mitigate damage on some level.

so is there a choice between an aug with 20 h.agi and 10 h.dex or 20 h.dex and 10 h.agi, id go wit hthe higher h.agi.

as a tank its not your job to avoid taking damage at all, but being able to take the damage and laugh it off.

avoid 2 hits for 20k damage a pop, or have it shve of 1k damage on all hits, i know what i will take, cause you are gonna get hit, dont count on not getting hit.

11177744.jpg

WRU CONSENSUS?

i get so stressed out by this i think about just sorting augs by ac and ignoring the rest.

I have a current Raid lvl SK. Raw AC is king, I balance Hagi, Hdex leaning to Hagi. Great mitigation is key.

well i feel ac is not a factor, as you dont have a choice, not like you can get ac aug 5, as far as i know, so you are stuckj with whatever they give ya on items that do have ac.

War: AC -> H.Agi -> H.Sta -> H.Str (if tanking with shield)/H.Dex(if Dual wielding)

this is my personal experience, running a tank through all of eok progression with a zerker and shaman support.

and yes i dual wield on him most fights, cause its so good dps wise, but you lose mitigation, is why dex can help with evasion and more dex is more connecting hits or some such, i forget.

now for paladins and sks, since they dont dual wield, but some of their damage and defensive stuff comes from procs, maybe balanced dex and str as they often are shield bound wiht massive damage dealing 1handers.

again all this is from personal experience playing all 3 classes.

Do you want to dps more to get mobs dead faster by 1-3% extra dps? hDex

Do you want to mitigate a 30k dmg hit by 1-3%, while increasing your raw hp slightly? hStam

Do you want to completely avoid a 30k dmg hit by 1-3%, while increasing your raw AC slightly? hAgi

Is the correct answer
AC is God

Discussion - Tank Stat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back