• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Some questions -- is it too good to be true? (1 Viewer)

Thalondor

RedCents
571¢
Hello everyone. I just joined the forum and i'm down right new to MQ2. I've read the guide on here and read some of the Alamar's guide as well. I have a druid that i box with my mage (and eventually i want to add a shaman, all on live). I do group with other people almost every day and most of the time it's the same person or people. My questions are:

1. Can I make it so that the druid will only heal and cast one dot? I often MOVE about and don't have a set camp, and it seems that the guides talk about having a set camp a lot.

2. I didn't see anything straight forward about using AA's in kissassist/MQ2. Is that feasible?

3. How intelligent is MQ2(+ or - Kissassist)? For example: If i fizzle will there be an attempt to recast?

4. How SAFE is MQ2(and the addon's provided by the site)? Is any information transmitted from me to the provider of MQ2? Yes i've read the guide but I'm interested in testimony from sources other than the ones provided by the person(s) that run the site (no offense).
^ For that question, I wont be going AFK and playing. I will be, at any given time, on one of the characters doing something. I will be using the bazaar plugin if it works well (Auctioneer for EQ?!).

I think those are my biggest questions for now. Maybe they've been answered else where and I haven't seen it yet. Thanks to anyone who can help!

So I'm going to start with Number 4. That was your longest question. https://www.redguides.com/community...-Features-be-Public?highlight=mq2+made+public
while the above thread is long winded I encourage you to read it all. Everyone has their opinions. The short answer is yes and no. DBG knows who uses mq2, but based on what you do on if they take any action at all. I've been using mq2 since -at least- 2008 and haven't received a suspension nor a ban. It's based on what you use it for. For the most part the content that would land you in the EQ Slammer is ousted from the code due to changes made by eqmule (the person who maintains base mq2 structs, offsets, and default plugins) Websites like RG offer some pretty incredible macros and plugins that allow for a large range of things. We'll cover that in your other questions though. The short answer is don't leave EQ unattended and you'll be fine. (The bazaar plugin is a utility which is utilized by macros such as the bazaar.mac that I maintain. I don't know what auctioneer is, but if you're brand new you'll likely be needing help later on down the road getting everything set up)

1. Yes. Set camps are optional and depends on the settings of whatever macro you're using. Settings are complicated, refer to the thread for the macro in question to get responses on those.

2. I'm not entirely sure I understand the question entirely. But if you're asking about using AA's using commands, yes that is something you can do. Plugin MQ2Cast should allow /casting "My alt ability here|Alt" as a command to cast one. You can even automate that based on conditions. See KissAssist or MQ2Melee for details. Specifically with MQ2Melee you're looking for Holyshits (done in combat) and downshits (done out of combat)

3. MQ2 is as intelligent as the person who made the plugin/script. A "macro" is a script that you run that is designed by coders on the site such as myself, Maskoi, and many many more (I can't say I really know a whole lot of names to provide). A developer will have a red cloak over their avatar, like mine.
KissAssist.mac is really smart. Properly setup you'll find it can automate most group things with little(if any) effort involved from yourself.
https://www.redguides.com/community...t-Conditionals-Instructions-amp-Settings-Info
the above link is a guide made by another user as shown in the post. That's a pretty helpful guide. It's actually kind of intimidating at first glance but it's a great guide to setting up an INI for kissassist.mac

I recommend you join the discord. https://discordapp.com/invite/GUeSzr9 at that link to communicate with other members while you're getting started.

Welcome to RedGuides.com :-)
~Chat

1, yes this is easy, only place the one dot in the dps section. then set up your heal section. You can toggle set camp or you can have the druid always follow the MA below is my druids ini but its old from 9.2.2 of kiss before conditions and level 105 but it will give you a general idea of what you can set, there's fancy conditions you can add now too

2. you use aa's the same way you use spells just put the aa into the dps or heal fields

3. it will re-attempt to do things

4. Mq2 is very safe provided you don't use "active" hacks like warping (you wont find those on this site) and you don't afk

Rich (BB code):
[General]
KissAssistVer=9.2.2
Role=Assist
CampRadius=30
CampRadiusExceed=400
ReturnToCamp=0
ChaseAssist=1
ChaseDistance=15
MedOn=25
MedStart=1
MedCombat=1
LootOn=0
RezAcceptOn=1
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=0
EQBCOn=1
IRCOn=0
MiscGem=12
HoTTOn=0
CampfireOn=0
GroupEscapeOn=0
CastingInterruptOn=0
CharInfo=Druid|105
MiscGemRemem=1
DPSMeter=1
[SpellSet]
LoadSpellSet=0
SpellSetName=KissAssist
[Buffs]
BuffsOn=1
Buffs1=Shieldstone Blessing|Me
Buffs2=Communion of the Cheetah|Me
Buffs3=Copsetender's Unity|Dual|Mask of the Copsetender
Buffs4=Frostweave Aura|Aura
Buffs5=Nurturing Growth|Me
Buffs6=Ferocious Growth|Ma
Buffs7=Summoned: Giant Modulation Shard|mana|75|50
Buffs8=NULL
Buffs9=NULL
Buffs10=NULL
Buffs11=NULL
Buffs12=NULL
Buffs13=NULL
Buffs14=NULL
Buffs15=NULL
Buffs16=NULL
Buffs17=NULL
Buffs18=NULL
Buffs19=NULL
Buffs20=Armored Battle Shire Saddle|Mount
RebuffOn=1
CheckBuffsTimer=20
PowerSource=NULL
BuffsSize=20
[Melee]
AssistAt=95
MeleeOn=0
FaceMobOn=0
MeleeDistance=75
StickHow=snaproll
AutoFireOn=0
UseMQ2Melee=1
[GoM]
GoMSHelp=Format - Spell|Target, MA Me or Mob, i.e. Rampaging Servant Rk. II|Mob
GoMSpell1=NULL
GoMSpell2=NULL
GoMSpell3=NULL
GoMSize=3
[AE]
AEOn=0
AERadius=50
AE1=NULL
AE2=NULL
AE3=NULL
AE4=NULL
AE5=NULL
AESize=10
AE6=NULL
AE7=NULL
AE8=NULL
AE9=NULL
AE10=NULL
[DPS]
DPSOn=1
DPSSkip=5
DPSInterval=2
DPS1=Nature's Fiery Wrath|90
DPS2=Moonbright Frost|0|Once
DPS3=Storm Strike|99|Weave
DPS4=Katabatic Roar|96
DPS5=Winter's Wildflame|95
DPS6=Anabatic Roar|95
DPS7=Plummeting Hail|0
DPS8=Blessing of Ro|99|Weave
DPS9=NULL
DPS10=NULL
DPS11=NULL
DPS12=NULL
DPS13=NULL
DPS14=NULL
DPS15=NULL
DPSSize=20
DPS16=NULL
DPS17=NULL
DPS18=NULL
DPS19=NULL
DPS20=NULL
DebuffAllOn=0
[Aggro]
AggroOn=0
Aggro1=NULL
Aggro2=NULL
Aggro3=NULL
AggroSize=5
Aggro4=NULL
Aggro5=NULL
[Heals]
Help=Format Spell|% to heal at i.e. Devout Light Rk. II|50
HealsOn=1
Heals1=Lunasooth|0
Heals2=Survival of the Serendipitous|50
Heals3=Adrenaline Torrent|50
Heals4=Resurgence|80
Heals5=Panavida|80
Heals6=NULL
Heals7=NULL
Heals8=NULL
Heals9=NULL
Heals10=NULL
Heals11=NULL
Heals12=NULL

Hello everyone. I just joined the forum and i'm down right new to MQ2. I've read the guide on here and read some of the Alamar's guide as well. I have a druid that i box with my mage (and eventually i want to add a shaman, all on live). I do group with other people almost every day and most of the time it's the same person or people. My questions are:

1. Can I make it so that the druid will only heal and cast one dot? I often MOVE about and don't have a set camp, and it seems that the guides talk about having a set camp a lot.

2. I didn't see anything straight forward about using AA's in kissassist/MQ2. Is that feasible?

3. How intelligent is MQ2(+ or - Kissassist)? For example: If i fizzle will there be an attempt to recast?

4. How SAFE is MQ2(and the addon's provided by the site)? Is any information transmitted from me to the provider of MQ2? Yes i've read the guide but I'm interested in testimony from sources other than the ones provided by the person(s) that run the site (no offense).
^ For that question, I wont be going AFK and playing. I will be, at any given time, on one of the characters doing something. I will be using the bazaar plugin if it works well (Auctioneer for EQ?!).

I think those are my biggest questions for now. Maybe they've been answered else where and I haven't seen it yet. Thanks to anyone who can help!

1. You can just target the tank with your druid and use /afol and remain mobile that way if desired. Sometimes follow will break though and/or sometimes advanced follow just randomly stops working and your character just stands there.

All in all though, MQ2's follow is better than any regular follow in EQ. Moving around constantly while boxing is extremely inefficient (which is why Almar's guide talks mostly about camps) that said though - MQ2 offers you a billion jillion times more mobility and ease of mobility than Isboxer/base Everquest does.

/afol works way better than regular follow
/nav target can be made into macros on all your toons so they can easily run to the tank/your main char no matter where he is in the zone

and the possibilities go on.

2. Kissassist can do EVERYTHING a real player can do (and usually better)

3. Mq2 and Kissassist is about as intelligent as a program can get. I would *not* call it intelligent, though I also wouldn't call humans intelligent so... yea. Kissassist will do basically everything you need it to do in 90% of the situations you encounter in game. There's only really rare instances and situations where you'll find yourself yelling at your computer "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!"

4. The way I try to look at it is ... there's so many people that use Macroquest 2 it would be completely illogical for daybreak to ban or suspend any of us. Using mq2 while attended only to help yourself box is perfectly legal and has about as much chance of getting you suspended or banned as Isboxer does.

think about tthe safety of it like this, everyone drives 5 miles above the speed limit in most cases, police dont mind as long as traffic is flowing and no one is casueing any mischief.

but if you decide, well rules dont count for me i will drive 25 miles above thespeed limit and also drive on the sidewalk and sweve in and out oif traffic like i am playing gta.

yes then cops gonna be like aight we cant have this, lets stop him.

same deal with mq2, if you use it to enhance your play is aight, but if you go and do stupid like active hacks, have 10 full groups occupying every camp in eok, full afk for weeks ata a time, they gonna start noticing you.

A properly setup Druid will follow your mage around and heal him and dot/nuke any mobs he engages.
This is boxing the correct way. Kissassist will help you so you don't have to alt tab anymore and can just play your main.

I do progression with a full group with lots of moving and dungeon crawling and I just play my main while the group assist and follow him around, it's the only way to play... welcome to rg.

Also P.S my guides (Almar's guides) talk primarily about making a camp location because the intention of those guides is to teach people how to play. Teaching people how to play WHILE they're mobile would be a nutty endeavor if nothing else.

Point is though, you gave me a fantastic idea which is to teach people how to play while mobile. There's a billion things to do in EQ that require you to constantly move your group, missions, partisans, mercenary tasks, changing camps and the list goes on.... Teaching people how to move while playing can be a whole sub guide in and of itself.

Thalondor I'll gift you a free month of level 2 access so you can download it and try it out and see how it works for yourself.

:)

It may take up to a day or two to get processed.

Also, adding on to what Darkie offered, the level 2 forums have the bulk of setup assistance and such. That's where you'll find configuration files for different classes and different levels, etc. Everyone is super freaking helpful (if you haven't already noticed) without any of the judgement you might see elsewhere.

WOW! There's a lot of people here who were quick to respond. I honestly wasn't expecting that. All these replies were very helpful in one way or another. (and a lot more reading too)

@Thalondor I'll gift you a free month of level 2 access so you can download it and try it out and see how it works for yourself.
Thanks! I wasn't expecting that at all!

I move around a lot because of the progression stuff, so that was correct. I'm really looking forward to try MQ2 out. I was about burned out on EQ and dragging around chars ALT+TAB style with social macros -- so tedious. Looks like there will be a lot of initial set up and some fine-tuning afterwards i'm sure. Thanks again for the warm welcome, non-judgmental replies and kindness of everyone. It's really appreciated. I am sure i'll have more questions soon. :xd:

Thalondor,
Your appreciation is appreciated. You are a welcomed addition to the Redguide community. Here we do things the old fashioned way. We ask a question by posting it, offer our appreciation to the quick and concise responses, and here is my contribution to our shiny new adventurer. Click the "Thanks" button for those great people who want you to succeed. That knowledge pool is vast. Many of them do not need the Redcents but it is a badge of honor for some and bragging rights for others. The Redcents can be traded for many things. Checkout the Redccents Tab !!!

NOTE*****
Please do not "Thank" me.... I always appreciate getting the Thanks/Redcents but I don't want to seem like I am fishing.
This is just me offering my advice to our future Redguide Code Hero.

As always,
Playbetter

Sure thing! Except, there's no button for thank. I see that I am logged in. I see the reply, reply with quote, multi-quote, send pm, and caution icons/links but no thanks. Is there something i'm not seeing? I did a find on the page too, no thank there either other than what has been posted. I do see where "users have hit thanks" but no icon/link for it. Maybe you need to be level 2 for that?

You'll get your "Thanks" button when you become level 2 with the membership gifted to you once it becomes active. Sometimes you gotta poke the bear to get it going faster Redbot is the one to poke in this case.

How do i force my druid to buff my mage's pet?

Here is my INI that I attempted to set up so far. He buffs everyone in the group except my mage's pet (which is the tank of the group).

Also, for the nourishment spell (the bear that returns mana with an odd casting type), is there a way to not get him to cast that as a buff even though the bear doesn't exist. Otherwise the spell casting bar will just sit at 100% until you can cast it again. He got stuck so I removed it from the buff list.

Rich (BB code):
[General]
KissAssistVer=10.2.3
Role=Assist-
CampRadius=30
CampRadiusExceed=400
ReturnToCamp=0
ChaseAssist=1
ChaseDistance=30
MedOn=1
MedStart=30
MedCombat=0
LootOn=0
RezAcceptOn=0|98
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=0
CastingInterruptOn=1
EQBCOn=0
IRCOn=0
MiscGem=11
MiscGemLW=0
MiscGemRemem=1
HoTTOn=0
CampfireOn=0
CharInfo=Druid
DefaultUI=TRUE
GroupEscapeOn=0
DPSMeter=1
ScatterOn=0
ConditionsOn=0
[SpellSet]
LoadSpellSet=0
SpellSetName=KissAssist
[Buffs]
BuffsOn=1
BuffsCOn=0
BuffsSize=20
Buffs1=Natural Unity Rk. II|dual|Mask of the Bosquetender Rk. II
Buffs2=Talisman of the Steadfast
Buffs3=Flight of Falcons
Buffs4=Mammoth's Force
Buffs5=Legacy of Spikethistle
Buffs6=Shieldstone Skin Rk. II
Buffs7=Glowing Black Drum|mount
Buffs8=Wildspark Aura|Aura
Buffs9=Husk of the Reptile
Buffs10=NULL
Buffs11=NULL
Buffs12=NULL
Buffs13=NULL
Buffs14=NULL
Buffs15=NULL
Buffs16=NULL
Buffs17=NULL
Buffs18=NULL
Buffs19=NULL
Buffs20=NULL
RebuffOn=1
CheckBuffsTimer=10
PowerSource=NULL
[Melee]
AssistAt=95
MeleeOn=0
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=75
StickHow=snaproll rear
AutoFireOn=0
UseMQ2Melee=1
[GoM]
GoMSHelp=Format - Spell|Target, MA Me or Mob, i.e. Rampaging Servant Rk. II|Mob
GoMCOn=0
GoMSize=3
GoMSpell1=NULL
GoMSpell2=NULL
GoMSpell3=NULL
[GMail]
GMailHelp=Events currently support - Dead,Drag,GM,Level,Named,Leftgroup
GMailOn=0
GMailSize=5
GMail1=NULL
GMail2=NULL
GMail3=NULL
GMail4=NULL
GMail5=NULL
[AE]
AEOn=0
AECOn=0
AESize=10
AERadius=50
AE1=NULL
AE2=NULL
AE3=NULL
AE4=NULL
AE5=NULL
AE6=NULL
AE7=NULL
AE8=NULL
AE9=NULL
AE10=NULL
[DPS]
DPSOn=1
DPSCOn=0
DPSSize=20
DPSSkip=20
DPSInterval=2
DPS1=Horde of Aculeids|90
DPS2=Consuming Sunray Rk. II|85
DPS3=Blessing of Ro|89|once
DPS4=Fire Storm|70
DPS5=NULL
DPS6=NULL
DPS7=NULL
DPS8=NULL
DPS9=NULL
DPS10=NULL
DPS11=NULL
DPS12=NULL
DPS13=NULL
DPS14=NULL
DPS15=NULL
DPS16=NULL
DPS17=NULL
DPS18=NULL
DPS19=NULL
DPS20=NULL
DebuffAllOn=0
[Aggro]
AggroOn=0
AggroSize=5
Aggro1=NULL
Aggro2=NULL
Aggro3=NULL
Aggro4=NULL
Aggro5=NULL
[Heals]
Help=Format Spell|% to heal at i.e. Devout Light Rk. II|50
HealsOn=1
HealsCOn=0
HealsSize=15
Heals1=Panavida|70
Heals2=NULL
Heals3=NULL
Heals4=NULL
Heals5=NULL
Heals6=NULL
Heals7=NULL
Heals8=NULL
Heals9=NULL
Heals10=NULL
Heals11=NULL
Heals12=NULL
Heals13=NULL
Heals14=NULL
Heals15=NULL
XTarHeal=0
XTarHeal2=0
AutoRezOn=0
AutoRezWith=Your Rez Item/AA/Spell
HealGroupPetsOn=0
[Cures]
CuresOn=0
CuresSize=5
Cures1=NULL
Cures2=NULL
Cures3=NULL
Cures4=NULL
Cures5=NULL
[Pet]
PetOn=0
PetSpell=YourPetSpell
PetShrinkOn=0
PetShrinkSpell=Tiny Companion
PetBuffsOn=0
PetBuffsSize=8
PetBuffs1=NULL
PetBuffs2=NULL
PetBuffs3=NULL
PetBuffs4=NULL
PetBuffs5=NULL
PetBuffs6=NULL
PetBuffs7=NULL
PetBuffs8=NULL
PetCombatOn=1
PetAssistAt=95
PetToysSize=6
PetBreakMezSpell=NULL
PetRampPullWait=0
PetSuspend=0
MoveWhenHit=0
PetHoldOn=1
PetForceHealOnMed=0
[Burn]
BurnCOn=0
BurnSize=15
BurnText=Decepticons Attack
BurnAllNamed=0
Burn1=NULL
Burn2=NULL
Burn3=NULL
Burn4=NULL
Burn5=NULL
Burn6=NULL
Burn7=NULL
Burn8=NULL
Burn9=NULL
Burn10=NULL
Burn11=NULL
Burn12=NULL
Burn13=NULL
Burn14=NULL
Burn15=NULL
UseTribute=0
[Pull]
PullWith=Melee
PullMeleeStick=0
MaxRadius=350
MaxZRange=50
UseWayPointZ=0
PullWait=5
PullRadiusToUse=90
PullRoleToggle=0
ChainPull=0
ChainPullHP=90
ChainPullPause=30|2
PullLevel=0|0
[AFKTools]
AFKHelp=AFKGMAction=0 Off, 1 Pause Macro, 2 End Macro, 3 Unload MQ2, 4 Quit Game
AFKToolsOn=1
AFKGMAction=1
AFKPCRadius=500
CampOnDeath=0
ClickBacktoCamp=0
[Merc]
Help=To use: Turn off Auto Assist in Manage Mercenary Window
MercOn=0
MercAssistAt=92

Thalondor

if you use the mage pet as main tank, make sure you put the buffs you want your mages pet to have with the |ma tag and target the pet and start the macro. that will set the pet internally as main assist, and use the |ma buffs on it.

can even do so with group based buffs, so you know he atleast has them if he dont.

for the druid bear regen pet, thats an annoying lil bastard to get coded in properly

Rich (BB code):
BuffsCond10=${Spell[Nurturing Growth].MyCastTime} < 30000 && ${Me.PctMana} <80 && !${Me.Buff[Nurturing Growth].ID}
is how i have mine set up. its not 100% perfect yet.

I've tried it several times now. Target mages pet, start kissassist, and wait. He buffs everyone in the group but not the pet. He won't assist the pet either via heals or melee proc buff. You can't set a pet as MT/MA but i can set my mage as MT/MA and it doesn't have any effect at all. It seems he doesn't acknowledge the pet. Anyway, for now, I've started using eqbc commands to my druid and that works i just had to make a new hot bar with socials. Good news is my ini works great if in a group with other people (a real tank).

Question - Some questions -- is it too good to be true?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back