• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Constantly losing ability to steer characters when someone sends me a tell (1 Viewer)

RoboClaptrap4

RedCents
181¢
So I just started using MQ a couple days ago and I noticed something which is basically preventing me from playing. If someone sends me a tell, I lose the ability to steer my character for about a second and a half. I can still type every key on the keyboard, I just can't move. Given that everything else (including spell casting) works properly, I am assuming this is some weird macro configuration issue.

Any ideas what this could be?

- - - Updated - - -

To provide a little more detail: keyboard based movement is disrupted and erratic for 1-2 seconds after I receive a tell. Meaning the standard WASD controls don't work. however, if I am already auto-running I will continue to run, and mouse based movement still works fine. It's just keyboard based input that stops working briefly

So I just started using MQ a couple days ago and I noticed something which is basically preventing me from playing. If someone sends me a tell, I lose the ability to steer my character for about a second and a half. I can still type every key on the keyboard, I just can't move. Given that everything else (including spell casting) works properly, I am assuming this is some weird macro configuration issue.

Any ideas what this could be?

- - - Updated - - -

To provide a little more detail: keyboard based movement is disrupted and erratic for 1-2 seconds after I receive a tell. Meaning the standard WASD controls don't work. however, if I am already auto-running I will continue to run, and mouse based movement still works fine. It's just keyboard based input that stops working briefly

typing in tells or chat windows while macros are running WILL produce unexpected results.. especially if your toon is doing something at the time.. I mainly notice this when my tank/puller is running out to a mob to pull it/tag it, it will keep running etc..

basically, dont type messages while doing stuff in your macros - at least not on the main toon that is the most active.. ... not a great solution i know.. its basically what i've adapted to..

I play windowed mode, and use flash on tells, just to make sure someone's not sending tells to one of my boxes... Damn thats a shame that for one to work, the other has to be disabled..

Thanks Bayne though for that, never knew anything could fix that...

**edit** just chatting away with a guildie while running kiss and on my toon who is puller tank, and its still doing it, even with /flashontells and /beepontells off.. oh well. im FORCED to afk!! lol

Last edited:
On the same note, when sending tells and my toon opens his spell book, while typing the text goes away, every time. What is doing that. On all toons on all 10 computers..... ;)

Problem - Constantly losing ability to steer characters when someone sends me a tell

Users who are viewing this thread

Back