• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Semi complex automatic buffing (1 Viewer)

RoboClaptrap4

RedCents
181¢
I am relatively new to MQ, and I do the following very often manually right now:

1. Recast selos every 2 minutes on bard
2. Recast songblade of the eternal every 12-13 minutes
3. Recast Ferocity on one of my melee every 9 minutes
4. Recast Ferocity on my other melee every 9 minutes (but at two minute offsets from the first one due to cooldowns)
5. Recast Ferine Avatar on one of my melee every 10 minutes
6. Recast Ferine Avatar on a second melee every 10 minutes (but at 1 minute offsets)
7. Recast a set of buffs on my casters (spell haste), and another set of buffs on melee every hour or so, cycling through each buffing character and doing a bunch of manual targeting/casting of very long cast time spells

The result is that I'm not so much playing Everquest as playing Buffquest. I haven't yet found a good solution. Due to a variety of factors, I do not particularly want to use KissAssist, and even if I did, it has trouble with some of the stuff I do (like the fact that my toons are often in different groups). What I wish I could do is the following two pieces of functionality (they seem to be two slightly different concepts):

1. Have some kind of macro where I just pass it in a list of tuples that is basically (recipientOfBuff, spellName or nameOfItemToClick) and when I run the macro on each character, it reads this list and casts them all one right after the other
2. Have some kind of persistent macro where I define a list of spells and the names of recipients and, when I am not in combat, it intelligently casts each spell on the desired target when less than a minute remains on the buff (even if the target isn't in group)

When it comes to the long duration buffs, I like having the control to specify exactly when the buffing happens (to ensure I am not running out of range of the buffs), but when it comes to the short duration stuff, I basically just want this to handle the buffing automatically.

Is there a non-painful way to do either this or something similar ?

You can do what you're referring to with conditions using kissassist. I get the desire not to use, but it handles out of group stuff really well... better than many macros.

But as the previous poster mentioned, the first two are easy to do with Holyshits using MQ2Melee.

You can do what you're referring to with conditions using kissassist. I get the desire not to use, but it handles out of group stuff really well... better than many macros.

But as the previous poster mentioned, the first two are easy to do with Holyshits using MQ2Melee.

With Kiss Assist, the issue I run into most frequently is basically that I don't trust it. It does a lot of things that I don't fully understand, and if I were to go on a raid with this, I wouldn't want this macro that I use mainly for buffing to decide that my tank targeting a raid boss and tagging it for rampage means it's time to start nuking and debuffing that boss into oblivion and have all my melee charge in. Even when I'm just doing things like messing around in trivial zones, I found myself doing less "playing EQ" and more "trying to figure out what KISS is going to decide to do if I push a button". Plus there is the 4-5 second lag every time I turn it on as it reads INI files. I get the impression it was intended for people who were entirely afk while fighting who never turn it off, which I am not. If I were going to hypothetically set something like this up in KISS that would buff toons who need the buff...would those toons also need to be using KISS? The way I read the Kiss guide, it looked like KISS can only figure out who to buff if they are also using Kiss and also have their buffs being output to the central kiss buffs ini file.

For SoB:

downshit0=/if (${Spell[Symphony of Battle].Stacks} && !${Me.Sitting} && !${Me.Invis} && !${Me.Buff[Symphony of Battle].ID}) /casting 69114 |Item

I use kiss for Selos, so I don't have that shit handy, but it would be similar to the above syntax, except you'd use the /casting with the AA ID. Or I bet there's a more simple way that I'm missing. Someone else could probably chime in.

The way I read the Kiss guide, it looked like KISS can only figure out who to buff if they are also using Kiss and also have their buffs being output to the central kiss buffs ini file.

You are correct, but you can use KISS to buff and not do anything else, you don't have to use kiss to DPS, debuff, mez, Heal, or do anything else. Just turn everything off or run in manual mode.

KISS reads the central ini file to locate other characters that need buffs, so as long as all characters are accessing the same ini file. KISS will keep everyone buffed.

You are correct, but you can use KISS to buff and not do anything else, you don't have to use kiss to DPS, debuff, mez, Heal, or do anything else. Just turn everything off or run in manual mode.

KISS reads the central ini file to locate other characters that need buffs, so as long as all characters are accessing the same ini file. KISS will keep everyone buffed.

Intriguing. How /command would you use to start KISS if you didn't want it doing any of the actual combat stuff, and just wanted it for buffing?

Was working on a stand alone buff routine for possible future implementation into a large macro. Could give it a shot if you're not a fan of KA/Don't want to fully automate everything.

Attachments

• Buff.mac
    12.5 KB · Views: 32
Question - Semi complex automatic buffing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back