• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Coirnav True Box Progression Server - Coming March 16, 2018! (1 Viewer)

Inkie

RedCents
3,963¢
https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-coirnav-true-box-progression-server-anniversary-feb-2018

Over the years, we've been on countless adventures together and have made so many wonderful memories. It's been an incredible journey with you all, and we can't wait to make more magical moments happen in Norrath! There is no better way to make new experiences (and remember old ones) than by going back to the very beginning of EverQuest.

We wanted to give players old and new another opportunity to journey through the lands of Norrath in the way that adventurers did so many years ago - with a brand new Progression Server! With EverQuest's 19th Anniversary just around the corner, it's the perfect time to reflect on how the game has grown over two decades, celebrate together, and start anew.

The True Box Progression Server Coirnav will launch on Friday, March 16, 2018 for EverQuest's 19th Anniversary!

Coirnav

Coirnav Server Features

True Box Progression Server

On a True Box server, each player will only be able to play on one EverQuest account from their computer. We want to encourage players to play with their friends on this server, and not just form groups of only their alts. If people are truly wanting to multi-box, they?ll have to do it the old fashioned way - with a whole lot of computers!

Raid Instancing

Big raid targets from each expansion will be instanced. While bosses like Lady Vox and Lord Nagafen will still spawn out in the world, groups of players will ALSO have these targets available to them via Raid Instances.

The instanced raids? targets have an account-wide 6.5 day lockout and will have the same difficulty as the non-instanced version of the raid target.

Content Unlocks Every 12 Weeks

There will be no voting for content unlocks, and the server won?t wait until all of the raid content is defeated before the expansion unlock timers start. Instead, every 12 weeks, expansion content will unlock on the server.

The first content unlock for Ruins of Kunark will happen two days ahead of schedule on Wednesday, June 6, 2018. After this initial unlock, expansions will continue to automatically unlock every 12 weeks.

Once Coirnav reaches the Gates of Discord, expansions that do not include a level cap increase will remain current for just 8 weeks before the next expansion unlocks. If an expansion does include a level cap increase, it will last for a full 12 weeks before another unlock.

Experience Rates

Earning experience on the Coirnav server will be most similar to the rate of experience gain on Phinigel after it was increased in February 2016. This is slower than the rate of experience gain on Ragefire, Lockjaw, and Agnarr Progression Servers, and faster than original EverQuest at launch.

Rogues, Warriors, and Halflings receive a small experience bonus on Coirnav. There are no other experience bonuses or penalties for race or class.

All Access Membership Required

Like other Progression and special ruleset servers, you must have an All Access Membership to play on Coirnav. In addition to letting you join the server, All Access Memberships include other great benefits, like 10% off most Marketplace purchases, and a claimable 500 DBC grant each month! For more details and to sign up for membership, you can visit the Membership page here.

We look forward to joining you for a world of new adventures on Coirnav starting Friday, March 16, 2018!

Wow they really goin at this start from zero true box formula hard. Guess Agnarr was quite profitable for them.

This just seems stupid. Are there that many people interested in Classic - Velious?

If yes, why not just make Quarm repeat that era indefinitely? Why Corinav? What the fuck was the point of Quarm?

Daybreak is drunk.

I thought Quarm was a way better idea than just starting up a new TLP every year.

I thought Quarm was a way better idea than just starting up a new TLP every year.

I know, right?

Why the FUCK aren't they just using Quarm and having it run Classic - PoP or GoD or OoW whatever the fuck then erasing the chars??? It's the PERFECT seasonal experience straight out of the Diablo play book for fucks sake.

they need to put some effort into fixing live servers and bring out new content instead of bringing out old content on new servers every few months

Well these new TLPs are payin the bills scotsbiker so I seriously doubt without them we'd even still have EQ lol...
LurkMcGurk I suppose the mistake here is that we're assuming they give a rats ass about the enjoyment of the game, rather than krono/gold sales.

INB4 there's more rusty TLP servers then there are live ones.
I was so stoked when they first started them. Now its just old as hell and saturated.

Just kinda disappointing its just a reboot of Phinigel, I'm so sick of the trilogy era at this point, after having played on every TLP to date.

- - - Updated - - -

I was so stoked when they first started them. Now its just old as hell and saturated.

Feeling the same way really.

LurkMcGurk I suppose the mistake here is that we're assuming they give a rats ass about the enjoyment of the game, rather than krono/gold sales.

I posted it on the EQ forums but it's worth reposting here:

True Box servers are made with the concept in mind to group with friends but yet you're fragmenting the population so badly it's going to force people to box (which is exactly what happen the first time around and made boxing so popular).

I'm hedging my bet that you'll lose more money in Gold subscriptions than you will gain in Krono sales (over the course of the next 12 months) because you're fragmenting the population so badly while also taking away their ability to box efficiently.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ver-coming-march-16-2018.247157/#post-3629185

I personally don't think they'll benefit from the extra Krono sales, I think they're fucking themselves by fragmenting the population so badly on servers that don't allow boxing.

Makes you wonder how many TLP servers there are going to be 5 years from now...also wonder why they didn't wait till PoP hit on Agnarr to release it, I have a feeling it will be very popular though. All new TLPs seem to be booming with population at the start at least.

I personally don't think they'll benefit from the extra Krono sales, I think they're fucking themselves by fragmenting the population so badly on servers that don't allow boxing.

Judging by the massive amount of people I see using XP potions and sporting 40 slot bags, mounts, name/race changes, buying loot boxes for mounts, and appearance items... I'd say the money they are making goes far beyond just the krono sales. I have a feeling these servers are taking front stage because they are making lots of money, plain and simple. They are launching them on the regular these days, almost too many for my liking.

Judging by the massive amount of people I see using XP potions and sporting 40 slot bags, mounts, name/race changes, buying loot boxes for mounts, and appearance items... I'd say the money they are making goes far beyond just the krono sales. I have a feeling these servers are taking front stage because they are making lots of money, plain and simple. They are launching them on the regular these days, almost too many for my liking.

I don't play there personally so I can't speak too much for how many people buy Daybreak items ... so you could be right. One thing to consider though is you can get a lot from the daybreak store for free with the 500 monthly station cash. It would be safe to assume at least half the people you see with XP pots/mounts got them for free

Every new TLP is another RMT opportunity. The hardcore RMT'ers should have this down to a fine science by now.

they need to put some effort into fixing live servers and bring out new content instead of bringing out old content on new servers every few months

I think their goal is to try to dwindle population on live so they can merge live servers. This accomplishes that goal. Their long term plan seems to be turning every live server to a TRUE box server except maybe 1-2, eventually it will be down to only 1-2 boxable/mq2 usable servers (i.e. current live server all merged from continuous mergers). So they can push the whole population to True Box live servers.

I think their goal is to try to dwindle population on live so they can merge live servers. This accomplishes that goal. Their long term plan seems to be turning every live server to a TRUE box server except maybe 1-2, eventually it will be down to only 1-2 boxable/mq2 usable servers (i.e. current live server all merged from continuous mergers). So they can push the whole population to True Box live servers.

Premium Gold only True box servers.

Interested to see these new mage fire pets at launch.. nuking everything down in classic. Tops dps hands down for awhile if so.

Ya, at least this time they will have fixed Runnyeye, as well as the howling stones key quest, but still was hoping for something unique like a Firiona Vie ruleset would have been fun.

The real issue to me is that they don't change it up. Going back to Classic in understandable due to the profits DBG makes, but why not make it different? Could actually make a sever that is has all the penalties of the actual EQ from the start. Or start a new Classic PvP server (Tallon/Zek)? Or have a server with FV looting rules?

Side note: This just devalue Agnarr accounts being sold now. *Ouch (

Ya, at least this time they will have fixed Runnyeye, as well as the howling stones key quest, but still was hoping for something unique like a Firiona Vie ruleset would have been fun.

I think that would have made it more exciting. As it stands, I'm very on the fence if I will even bother. Really tired of the trilogy era at this point without some unique rule-set to spice it up.

They're missing the boat on not doing the seasonal thing. A lot more people are interested in that kind of server.

I like the seasonal server idea much much more but daybreak has access to metrics like new/returned accounts and the retention rate of those accounts + krono sales and consumed associated with the server. Quarm was fun for me but i'm sure they have good enough metrics where they can say Quarm made us X over the losses on other servers and the last couple TLP servers have made Y and Z.

Every new TLP is another RMT opportunity. The hardcore RMT'ers should have this down to a fine science by now.

True but lets be honest theres really no decent money to be make doing rmt sales for this or any game tbh, sure you will make some pocket money but I guarantee kids here in Australia working at Mcdonalds would make more money per week lol. I personally buy krono through this site and others including marketplace and if it puts food on someones table then i'm happy, working in the mines here in Australia i'm lucky to be earning around 120k AU give or take and considering i'm only working about 8 months of the year i'm happy with that. But doing this for a living for very minimal cash rewards just isnt my thing at all lol.

Will the wife and check out the new server? thats a big maybe. We did Phini from day one and that was literally a shit fight not sure if we want that again.

I like the seasonal server idea much much more but daybreak has access to metrics like new/returned accounts and the retention rate of those accounts + krono sales and consumed associated with the server. Quarm was fun for me but i'm sure they have good enough metrics where they can say Quarm made us X over the losses on other servers and the last couple TLP servers have made Y and Z.

Just saw this post so I am late to comment but you gotta remember too that Quarm was a totally different era. You can't look at Quarms metrics/analytics and accurately compare them to Phinigel or any other server since no server has been like Quarm yet. I think they did quarm to test OoW content and make sure it worked before Phinigel got there.

If they did a quarm Classic - PoP then we could check the analytics and compare to the other servers.

True but lets be honest theres really no decent money to be make doing rmt sales for this or any game tbh, sure you will make some pocket money but I guarantee kids here in Australia working at Mcdonalds would make more money per week lol. I personally buy krono through this site and others including marketplace and if it puts food on someones table then i'm happy, working in the mines here in Australia i'm lucky to be earning around 120k AU give or take and considering i'm only working about 8 months of the year i'm happy with that. But doing this for a living for very minimal cash rewards just isnt my thing at all lol.

Will the wife and check out the new server? thats a big maybe. We did Phini from day one and that was literally a shit fight not sure if we want that again.

You are completely and totally mistaken if you think people make that little money doing this for a living. I can name one guy, **** on FV who sells powerlevels all day as well as rares/crap he finds while power leveling and he makes anywhere from 1500 - 2500 a month (sometimes even more if it's the start of a new expansion type deal).

I've also met quite a few people that claim 30 - 50k a year and have shown me paypals over 3 month periods that can support that claim. Though, I didn't see the full 12 month picture so I can't say with 100% certainty that they weren't lying their asses off. If they made the same all 12 months as they made during 3 months though, they likely made the amount they claim.

Those people were often in Asylum of Shadow, Twisted Legion or whatever the fuck their guild name is these days. They boxed 6 chars on True box and sold raid loot/epic quests to guildies.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm a bit player in the RMT game -- really only selling rares once in a while. With that said, there are a couple members here who've made big time money selling PLs and/or rare items. I've personally been told by one that in the month or two after EoK launch he made over $5k, and I believe it.

It's all about scale and what you're willing to invest. I'm also certain there are members here who have traders on all the live servers doing transactions and churning krono, but I have no evidence .... that part is just speculation. The earlier example is NOT speculation.

News - Coirnav True Box Progression Server - Coming March 16, 2018!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back