• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Are Ring of Scale Meshes out yet? If not, when can we expect them? (1 Viewer)

testtube

RedCents
263¢
I would like to start MQing in RoS. But, I need the Mesh Files for the RoS zones to start pulling there.

When I try to download the mesh for any RoS zone, the MeshGenerator.exe program gives me a "Failed to load" something-or-other.

Is there an update I need to do? Or are we still waiting for someone to craft Mesh files for those zones?

If we are waiting, how long do we usually expect - after an expansion launches - that Mesh files will be created for new expansion zones?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rich (BB code):
[Ring of Scale]
Sathir's Tomb=charasisb
Gorowyn=gorowyn
Howling Stones=charasistwo
Skyfire Mountains=skyfiretwo
The Overthere=overtheretwo
Veeshan's Peak=veeshantwo

Should be at the bottom of your Zones.ini file in the main MQ2 Folder that is labeled Release by default.

howling stones has some invisbly walls and hidden doorways that make pathing hard ot get to work proper, i still unsure on how to circumvent that, if a jump or walkable boss can fix it maybe.

Rich (BB code):
[Ring of Scale]
Sathir's Tomb=charasisb
Gorowyn=gorowyn
Howling Stones=charasistwo
Skyfire Mountains=skyfiretwo
The Overthere=overtheretwo
Veeshan's Peak=veeshantwo

Should be at the bottom of your Zones.ini file in the main MQ2 Folder that is labeled Release by default.

Yes, all of those are in my zones.ini file.

howling stones has some invisbly walls and hidden doorways that make pathing hard ot get to work proper, i still unsure on how to circumvent that, if a jump or walkable boss can fix it maybe.

I thought that was why we were working towards a general mesh repository. Some folks are crap at editing the meshes, others can do it in their sleep.

I can get "don't walk here" zones to work like they are supposed to, but getting "really you CAN walk here" set up.... not so much. I spent two weeks working on Chardok meshes, just to repeatedly have toons utterly avoid any area I edited. It was like certain areas were not even connected. Ended up just dealing with manually fixing stuck toons and living with areas the toon refuses to run into. --shrugs--

Yes, all of those are in my zones.ini file.

I assume you've already made other meshes which required that you setup the location for your everquest files? If you haven't setup the path for everquest and the path for the meshes to go to then it won't be able to find the zone files at all. Which would prevent you from loading any zones.

You can access the settings through the "File" menu in the top left, then select settings. Then you must tell the MeshGenerator.exe where Everquest is located. The root directory for Everquest contains the zone files that are needed to create the meshes.

Once you've established where the files are located and given them a destination to go to then you should be able to load the zone files, create a mesh, and then save the mesh.

Note: saving the mesh can be a cumbersome task depending on the computer you are using to create the mesh files. I've always used CTRL+S to save the file as opposed to trying to click the save button on my slower system.

I assume you've already made other meshes which required that you setup the location for your everquest files? If you haven't setup the path for everquest and the path for the meshes to go to then it won't be able to find the zone files at all. Which would prevent you from loading any zones.

You can access the settings through the "File" menu in the top left, then select settings. Then you must tell the MeshGenerator.exe where Everquest is located. The root directory for Everquest contains the zone files that are needed to create the meshes.

Once you've established where the files are located and given them a destination to go to then you should be able to load the zone files, create a mesh, and then save the mesh.

Note: saving the mesh can be a cumbersome task depending on the computer you are using to create the mesh files. I've always used CTRL+S to save the file as opposed to trying to click the save button on my slower system.

I am able to create meshes (And have been using them for months) for ALL other zones except for any RoS zones.

Please help. I would really like to begin grinding in RoS zones.

I've found in some cases the file just isn't there to generate the mesh with. Which is odd, but a possibility. I would generate the files and upload them to my dropbox for the zones I have but they wouldn't include any objects the zone may have, which could potentially cause pathing issues.

Question - Are Ring of Scale Meshes out yet? If not, when can we expect them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back