• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - Add zone a check to the moveto command (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,231¢
Just wondering if there was a way to make the /moveto command only work if they are in the same zone. It's my fault, but i've had a few times where one of my bots was just chiling waiting for us to setup camp. I hit /moveto and they ran off into the middle of the zone. Since they weren't in the same zone they went to some random place. Thanks!

cool, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I did some testing on this and the IF portion doesn't seem to be needed.

/moveto id ${Me.ID}

doesn't work across zones.

I was using a /moveto loc ${Me.Y} ${Me.X}

I tried
/if (${Spawn[PC BadAzzTank].ID}) /moveto loc ${Me.Y} ${Me.X}
but
it always comes back true and they move.

I don't need to use loc in this case so I'll just switch it to /moveto ID.

Thanks.

Are you using this in EQBC? Seems like you might be. If that is the case, the toon sending the command conducts the if statement, not the toon receiving the bc. Still, it should work the previously mentioned way because the data is parsed by the one sending the information.

IE: Toon sending command says /bct toonname //if (${Spawn[TankNameHere].ID}) /moveto loc ${Me.Y} ${Me.X} ${Me.Z}

then the toon sending the command parses the data. Assuming they aren't in the zone it should send the following through eqbc. Execute command ~ /if (NULL) /moveto 10 15 20
whereas if the tank was in the zone /if (1234) /moveto 10 15 20

Alternately your hotkey could be setup to do /if (${Spawn[TankNameHere].ID}) /bct tankname //moveto ${Me.Y} ${Me.X} ${Me.Y}

Either way you do it however it will parse the information on the toon sending the command.

Last edited:
if you want it parsed on the character receiving the message try /bcg //if ($\{Spawn[TankNameHere].ID}) /moveto loc ${Me.Y} ${Me.X} ${Me.Z}

This will send your Y, X, Z but the $\{Spawn[TankNameHere].ID} will be parsed at the receiving end.

Request - Add zone a check to the moveto command

Users who are viewing this thread

Back