• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Guide - Fun with Formations (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,231¢
Hey guys,
There doesn't seem to be a lot of info on formations so I'll post what I came up with today.

I run with 4 bots and here are two macro's i use to align them slightly spread out either EAST/WEST or North/South

2ME N/S
Rich (BB code):
/bct toon1 //moveto loc ${Math.Calc[${Me.Y}-0]} ${Math.Calc[${Me.X}+10]}
/bct toon2 //moveto loc ${Math.Calc[${Me.Y}-0]} ${Math.Calc[${Me.X}+5]}
/bct toon3 //moveto loc ${Math.Calc[${Me.Y}-0]} ${Math.Calc[${Me.X}-5]}
/bct toon4 //moveto loc ${Math.Calc[${Me.Y}-0]} ${Math.Calc[${Me.X}-10]}

2ME E/W
Rich (BB code):
/bct toon1 //moveto loc ${Math.Calc[${Me.Y}+10]} ${Math.Calc[${Me.X}+0]}
/bct toon2 //moveto loc ${Math.Calc[${Me.Y}+5]} ${Math.Calc[${Me.X}+0]}
/bct toon3 //moveto loc ${Math.Calc[${Me.Y}-5]} ${Math.Calc[${Me.X}-0]}
/bct toon4 //moveto loc ${Math.Calc[${Me.Y}-10]} ${Math.Calc[${Me.X}-0]}

Note: I left the -0's there so you could see the syntax.

I hope you guys come up with some cool formations and post them here:D

I was going to figure that out, but then I noticed they just all face the direction they were going.
If you spam it while moving they kinda do a nice formation march. lol

yes, you put all these commands in socials. these commands use the EQBC server so you have to set that up.
Start it and then use /bccmd connect on each toon.

To tell one toon to do something use /bct name //command
everyone but you is /bcg //command
everyone including you is /bcga //command

Just run the /halfmoon 15 command in my version of kiss (/mac kissassist1004e15) and they will half circle around whatever char that runs the command and face his heading. It's a bind so no macros other than kiss needed(uses eqbc) 15 means how many feet away from the char you want them.

yeah been trying to figure out how to use cosinus and sinus to get em to form like an arrow position, tank in front, melee dps behind and to the left and right, and healer in the center behind main tank and caster lined up behind the healer. but i have a brain that has no smarts in it.

Just run the /halfmoon 15 command in my version of kiss (/mac kissassist1004e15) and they will half circle around whatever char that runs the command and face his heading. It's a bind so no macros other than kiss needed(uses eqbc) 15 means how many feet away from the char you want them.

WOW that is cool, I did not know that it existed! Can't wait to try this tonight.

To be honest, and no disrespect Maskoi. You should use eqmules version of KA if you don't want your puller targeting mobs when pulling even though they aren't in LOS

i believe in the newest version it dont target the mob till its within range of what a normal /target or f8 cycle npc targets will pickup

this is the greatest thing EVAR. after all these years of EQ i finally used the EQBCS thingy to make formations and i couldn't be happier. i'm a simple creature.

this is the greatest thing EVAR. after all these years of EQ i finally used the EQBCS thingy to make formations and i couldn't be happier. i'm a simple creature.

What did you come up with? I was thinking of making a formations macro with all kinds of patterns etc. maybe even a run in formation type setup.

You get both when you click the update button. KissAssist.mac is the RG version of Kissassist, and Kissassist10004e15.mac is EQMules version of kiss. The difference would be RG version of kissassist is a more generic version of kiss, and the other has more influence on how someone thinks everyone should play the game. Either way you can't go wrong they both are good macros.

eqmules edition is a spur, meaning it has different features in it. Both eqmules and mask's are included in the compile and updated. You can search for mule's edition to find out about more features.

Wow, wish I had seen this earlier don't know how much time I spend getting my toons setup. Especially in a dungeon crawl like Gribble been there for weeks.

@rogue601 -- Great stuff. I need to work this in with AFollow or Come here.

You get both when you click the update button. KissAssist.mac is the RG version of Kissassist, and Kissassist10004e15.mac is EQMules version of kiss. The difference would be RG version of kissassist is a more generic version of kiss, and the other has more influence on how someone thinks everyone should play the game. Either way you can't go wrong they both are good macros.
Does anyone happen to have a write up on the specific differences? I've only seen conditionals mentioned so far..

/mac kissassist otherwise known as Kiss11:

/mac kissassist1004e15 otherwise known as EQMules version:

Last edited:
eqmule's version was based on KA10 code from the summer of 2017. So initially it just added some custom functions and some of eqmule's personal preferences to his KA mod. Between KA's large code overhaul for KA11, the KA teams ongoing improvements and eqmule continuing to add functions/fixes to his mod, they've grown apart quite a bit.

A good place to start is eqmule's update/changelog for his KA mod. You can see what all it does and what all the new ini options will do. This recent post I made also mentions using a separate ini for both if you're running the same toon in two versions.

While KA11 had a ton updates/changes, you can see Maskoi/ctaylor22's code updates/changelog for KA11.001 to KA.11.008 here. There are some more update notes in that thread too. I think most recent updates have been discussed on Discord.

Both are included in your Vanilla download.

The bigger changes

Conditions: The main difference is KA10 had conditions, but each one was coded in their own section and entry #. DPS10 would have a DPSCond10 entry right after it. At their core they still work the same, KA11 just moved them all to their own section.

KA11 background updates: The KA team did a lot to make KA11 faster overall. Melee toons got a decent boost in output and I recall Maskoi mentioning healers were faster too. A lot of combat abilities became usable in KA11, but had been bugged in KA10.

eqmule's personal updates: eqmule added a lot of fixes to make KA play like he wanted. It has some features that make your team look less bot like (not insta-face target, puller does a little dance when they're waiting for mob to arrive in camp, toons can scatter to slightly random places between fights.) His version also has a ton of personal ini options like pulling Named first, running a secondary lower priority pull list, using lull on pulls, and using bandoliers or emergency items/heals (ohshits.)

Rez: KA11's later updates moved rez entries to Heal# entries. KA10/mule uses the AutoRez entries for rez spells/AA.

command: The structure of this got changed going for KA10 to KA11. If you're using "command" entries, you'll need to make sure they're coded for your version.
DPS2=command:/pet qswarm|98|cond7 --------- KA11
DPS3=command|100|stopdisc --------------- KA10/eqmule
DPSCond3=${Me.ActiveDisc.ID} && (${Me.XTarget}>=4||${Target.Named})​

KA11 features:

PullArcWidth - You can set your puller to only pull mobs within a certain angle from where they are facing.
TargetSwitchingOn - Should stop or at least reduce how often KA is trying to lock/change your target. Very useful for people that want to manually play or manually "assist" their KA toon.
Combat Abilities - Older KA code wouldn't fire a bunch of combat abilities if you were running a disc at the same time. This fix improved the dps of zerkers, monks & rogues by quite a bit and helped warriors out with some pulling/dps abilities.
Support - Not code specific, but KA11 has a huge number of long term users who can help answer questions about ini settings, basic setup and how to fix errors.

Kissassist1004e15.mac eqmule features:

So there are a lot of changes/fixes/features. I'm not going to cover them all, you can click the link above and see eqmule's update write-ups. I'll just cover the ones I find most useful and the ones I see other posters mention or recommend.

[Pull] ini options - This is the main reason I fire up eqmule's mod. His version has a ton of unique features for pullers that can really make some camps a lot easier.
  • UseCalm/CalmWith - This will have the puller use their Lull ability to pacify one nearby mob before pulling their target. It reduces the total incoming mobs by at least one and sometimes more. Slightly slows down your pull speed, but can be great in dungeons with packed rooms.
  • PullNamedsFirst - How nice is that. "Nameds will be pulled first if they are in your MobsToPull list and within range."
  • *** MobsToPullSecondary to the Kissassist_info.ini - So this is one of the best features of eqmule's KA for me. You get your main list of mobs to pull, like normal KA, but if the puller doesn't see any of those it will switch to the secondary list. So in a wide open outdoor zone with roamers, I'll set the Named+Placeholders names in my MobsToPull list and then set MobsToPullSecondary=ALL. My puller will now go after named and ph's first, if they are all down or out-of-range, he will pull any mob for exp.
OhShit section - These are nice emergency checks that will take priority over anything else KA is doing. So great for self-heals, pop last chance defenses or drop-aggro-now buttons. eqmule suggested keeping it to 4 or less, since these checks are run all the time. You can mimic this by setting up mq2melee holy/downs, but the ohshit setup is nice in that it pauses KA functions to do it.

Bandolier weapon swaps - You can do these via "command" in KA11, but it's a nice feature to have it pre-setup.

Ranger bow DPS - eqmule has some hardcode stuff in for bow rangers that will try to move the ranger to the optimal distance from the mob. I just pl'd a bow ranger and haven't had a chance to try it, but it's been mentioned as a nice feature by other rangers.

Summary: I personally use KA11 as my default for all toons, but I freely swap to eqmule's mod as needed and run it on my puller toons quite a bit. Also if KA11 has an update that isn't working for an evening, it's nice to have the eqmule version ready to go. If you're thinking trying eqmule's mod, I'd highly recommend setting up your puller first.

Last edited:
Guide - Fun with Formations

Users who are viewing this thread

Back