• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - New Client Patch Just Pushed Out (1 Viewer)

dayzn

RedCents
33¢
New patch just pushed out. Remember to donate to the developers for their hard work.

if no one was kicked but are having issues loging in it wasnt a exe patch but a code update that did not require a restart of the sever.
the exe might have changed time stamp if you are getting an out of date from mq2 but the offsets didnt change (most likely) so should be a quick turn around

New exe was pushed but the old exe still works so if you did update then get a copy of the previous exe and copy it and you should be good to go.

Nope ...Either Mq2 or eqgame is out of date

The date and time of eqgame is not what mq expected it to be jan 11 2018
injection can not be completed

But if you have the PREVIOUS version of the eqgame.exe file it will all work. Copy the previous version of the eqgame.exe file OVER the new file and run without patching and all is good.

My question is this... and please forgive me if its already been asked before or is a "dumb" question as I don't code... but is there a way to make mq2 stop looking at the date of eq.exe?

short answer: no

longer answer: the team needs to examine the newly released .exe files and other compiled files that DBG releases, and find offsets in the memory and such that points to hte proper places for mq2 to work, that can take a few hours, and is technically fairly difficult to do, the date check is just to let people know the eq.exe is not a release that mq2 understand.

My question is this... and please forgive me if its already been asked before or is a "dumb" question as I don't code... but is there a way to make mq2 stop looking at the date of eq.exe?

Normally you would need all the new offsets and a new compile of mq2 but with this last stealth patch you just have to have the last copy of the eqgame.exe. That doesn't happen very often.

One way around this for windows users is to turn on backups and file history to see old versions of files.
I just added C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest
to my backups.
Now I can just right click and goto properties and checkout old version of files.
It might help in the future. who knows :D

Here's a link for info for windows 10 users.
https://www.pcworld.com/article/297...-windows-10s-file-history-backup-feature.html

News - New Client Patch Just Pushed Out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back