• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Daybreak Games: 2018 Producer Letter (1 Viewer)

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,152¢
Pronouns
He/Him
https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-producers-letter-january-2018

--------------------

Good Day Norrathians!

Another year has come and gone, and EverQuest carries on!

It's easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of a new year, but I and the rest of the EverQuest team wanted to give our deepest thanks to each and every one of our players for your continued support, which led to yet another great year in EverQuest history! We hope you all had a wonderful holiday season, and are once again adventuring through Kunark and battling dragons in our latest expansion, EverQuest: Ring of Scale.

Speaking of dragons, if you're like me and can never get enough of them, then you might want to check out the higher-res version of the Ring of Scale art available to download below. Just in case you wanted to gaze even closer upon Talendor's scaled majesty or make it your desktop background like I did! Click the image below to get the bigger version:

062.jpg

It's hard not to be nostalgic when thinking about Kunark, and we're continuing to build on this with the Iksar Heritage Crate, which is now available in the Marketplace! To learn more about what this crate contains, check out the article here.

301.gif

But enough about what's happening right now, and I'll tell you what I can about what else is going on in our neck of the woods! While I can't divulge too much yet, I wanted to let you all know that the team is deep in planning and content creation. We're committed to delivering another year of fun, challenging content to all of you! The year is just getting started and before we know it, we'll be celebrating EverQuest's 19th Anniversary! Look for anniversary content in March, and we're excited to have you join us for the in-game festivities.

As always, thank you for being a part of the EverQuest community and your unwavering support!

Lauren "Mooncast" McLemore

Producer, EQ & EQ2

--

What a year! Norrath continues to flourish thanks to all of our players. Dragon-sized thanks to everyone! We are ever-committed to this unequaled game as it continues year after year - for almost two decades now. And there's more to come!

Holly 'Windstalker' Longdale

Executive Producer, EverQuest Franchise

"Content we will then split over two years to milk as much money from you as possible (again)!"

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-producers-letter-january-2018

--------------------

Good Day Norrathians!

Another year has come and gone, and EverQuest carries on!

It's easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of a new year, but I and the rest of the EverQuest team wanted to give our deepest thanks to each and every one of our players for your continued support, which led to yet another great year in EverQuest history! We hope you all had a wonderful holiday season, and are once again adventuring through Kunark and battling dragons in our latest expansion, EverQuest: Ring of Scale.

Speaking of dragons, if you're like me and can never get enough of them, then you might want to check out the higher-res version of the Ring of Scale art available to download below. Just in case you wanted to gaze even closer upon Talendor's scaled majesty or make it your desktop background like I did! Click the image below to get the bigger version:

View attachment 13483

It's hard not to be nostalgic when thinking about Kunark, and we're continuing to build on this with the Iksar Heritage Crate, which is now available in the Marketplace! To learn more about what this crate contains, check out the article here.

View attachment 13484

But enough about what's happening right now, and I'll tell you what I can about what else is going on in our neck of the woods! While I can't divulge too much yet, I wanted to let you all know that the team is deep in planning and content creation. We're committed to delivering another year of fun, challenging content to all of you! The year is just getting started and before we know it, we'll be celebrating EverQuest's 19th Anniversary! Look for anniversary content in March, and we're excited to have you join us for the in-game festivities.

As always, thank you for being a part of the EverQuest community and your unwavering support!

Lauren "Mooncast" McLemore

Producer, EQ & EQ2

--

What a year! Norrath continues to flourish thanks to all of our players. Dragon-sized thanks to everyone! We are ever-committed to this unequaled game as it continues year after year - for almost two decades now. And there's more to come!

Holly 'Windstalker' Longdale

Executive Producer, EverQuest Franchise

lol, what?

None of these statements make any sense... "While I can't divulge too much yet, I wanted to let you all know that the team is deep in planning and content creation. We're committed to delivering another year of fun, challenging content to all of you!"

Can't divulge too much, divulges literally nothing besides they're planning content... Why even say any of that lol :drink for another year of fun... challenging content :D

Agree, this ROS and EOK were half baked at best. Not enough content for $40 each.

Ripoff!

EOK was really well done and plenty of content. EOK was probably the best expansion in awhile. Also it wasnt $40 it was like $31.50 with all access. I would gladly of paid $59.99 for EOK/ROS as one expansion.

Eok was pretty well done. RoS. Total failure. More bugs than any other expansion I remember... Patches are introducing more bugs than fixing them. Drop rates are borked. I realize SOE left them most of this stuff. They dropped the ball due to laziness or lack of talent.. Look at the new weapon graphics. Pretty plain and pretty lame... Just MHO..

I agree, but the point was that EOK and ROS should have been one expansion. EOK would be like the first half and ROK would have been end content for the expansion.

So who will be surprised if the next expansion is New Kunark part 3? Still have more than enough Kunark zones left (Emerald Jungle, Cabilis, City of Mist, Seb, Field of Bones and so on...hell, maybe enough for Part 4) to make what they think is an expansion.

So who will be surprised if the next expansion is New Kunark part 3? Still have more than enough Kunark zones left (Emerald Jungle, Cabilis, City of Mist, Seb, Field of Bones and so on...hell, maybe enough for Part 4) to make what they think is an expansion.

I will NOT take that bet because I think you're right.

Yeah they do have more Kunark to work with, but since they already revamped Seb I doubt they could pass the rest off as a new expac (I wouldn't be shocked, but I doubt it). I'd put money on Velious 2.0 or should I say 3.0...

That or PoP. They're seeing too much success with the TLP servers to let go of that.

I do hope it's entirely new content, but just reading that out loud makes me laugh.

I enjoyed TBM quite a bit. It wasn't the zones I liked but the quests and the ability to get gear etc. The instanced zones were a ton of fun and great for those of us who hate fighting over camps. :) I agree that EoK was also a good expansion. Far more well built and less buggy over all.

gates of discord scared hell out of me i had nightmares over them mobs , lol sod was awesome expac but the exp sucked . probebly favorite was house of thule /or sod cant decide

Discussion - Daybreak Games: 2018 Producer Letter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back