• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - How possible is it in the future to get a "Redguides" Everquest Server? (1 Viewer)

Dracco

RedCents
54¢
Random question that came to me... how possible would it ever be to get a Redguide server (kind of like p99 with a lot less drama) where buying and selling would be tolerable and acceptable ? P99 did it with the support of a big community of players that wanted classic play and to relive the good old days. Redguides has such a huge community, how great would this be? Not sure it's even possible , but I'd be willing to donate to get an emulated server like p99 that locks at say , planes of power like agnarr? You guys are doing amazing things , well just a thought I had, keep up the great work I love this place!

Re: How possible is it in the future to get a "Redguides" Everquest Server?

You would probably stand a better shot having Daybreak take the MQ ban off Agnarr than you would MQ/RG peeps coding a server up for limited use. Locking at PoP especially with seemingly no subscription and someone would be boxing Time raids instantly.

Last edited:

I don't think he meant an official DBG server. Moreso something along the lines of P99

Sorry I meant to say "them" as in Mule and Redbot MQ/RG them.

Random question that came to me... how possible would it ever be to get a Redguide server (kind of like p99 with a lot less drama) where buying and selling would be tolerable and acceptable ? P99 did it with the support of a big community of players that wanted classic play and to relive the good old days. Redguides has such a huge community, how great would this be? Not sure it's even possible , but I'd be willing to donate to get an emulated server like p99 that locks at say , planes of power like agnarr? You guys are doing amazing things , well just a thought I had, keep up the great work I love this place!

What a neat idea. I would be all over this, and more than happy to donate/help fund it. Any coders out there? :)

Isn't the ez server mq friendly ??

- - - Updated - - -

Making one isn't that bad anyone could do it there are write ups on how to alter db and spawns , lock out's etc . All the needed software is free biggest thing probably probing at all the quest to make sure they work properly. Would take time and a long beta with ppl testing them resetting mob hit points and aggro , let I remember the mobs are weak as hell on a newly created server

We played with an EMU server in the past but we choose to shut it down for several reasons.

1. Main Reason - EverQuest became free to play.
2. A real Emu server cost money to run. It takes a big server with a lot of ram and large bandwidth.
3. It needs a full time dev and GM to make it worth the players time to play on, content, bugs, updates,etc.
4. Legally it could have given Sony/DBG a reason to sue Redguides for real, loss of income and MQ2.

We played with an EMU server in the past but we choose to shut it down for several reasons.

1. Main Reason - EverQuest became free to play.
2. A real Emu server cost money to run. It takes a big server with a lot of ram and large bandwidth.
3. It needs a full time dev and GM to make it worth the players time to play on, content, bugs, updates,etc.
4. Legally it could have given Sony/DBG a reason to sue Redguides for real, loss of income and MQ2.

Dang yea I can see that. Crap. Maybe if Daybreak ever decides to close those ancient Everquest doors they would be a little more laid back. Who knows . I wouldn't mind playing this game for decades to come. Seemed too good to be true figured I'd ask :-P

Discussion - How possible is it in the future to get a "Redguides" Everquest Server?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back