• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2EQBC

Plugin - MQ2EQBC (1 Viewer)

Teichou

RedGuides OG
RedCents
1,501¢
This is a discussion thread for MQ2EQBC. Read more about it on the overview page:

Last edited by a moderator:
I installed the test version of Vanilla and I cannot get the EQBC server to connect.

I open the eqbc program and it says waiting to connect and when I log on my toon and type /bccmd connect I get a bad command line return. I know I am not doing something. Any help available?

Have you followed this awesome guide? MQ2EQBC Guide like the 2003 server kit part?

What exact "bad command line return" are you getting? did you ensure the mq2eqbc plugin is running? you can /plugin mq2eqbc then /bccmd connect

Edited to add a Welcome to RedGuides and the MQ2 world!

Last edited by a moderator:
You probably actually just need to run the server program as it doesn't start up when you load up MQ. It's called EQBC.exe and is in the folder of MQ2.

Im having issues with running the eqbc option commands the error im getting is that it ant parse the command?

im trying to set up eqbc auto connect on login??

Anyone else have this issue?

What should a correct EQ bc ini look like?

Hey guys decided to post this here instead of spamming a new thread. having problems connecting to the EQBC server as well. checked my firewall setting and it has permission. For some reason now when I go to launch the EQBC server I get a dialog box with 2 options standalone or debug.. I use to get the shortcut EQBC.exe.. Checked in my release file nothing in there that says EQBC.exe. just the server icon and EQBC. As you can asses by now I'm kinda new to all this. But I ran Mq2 then the server .. logged in my toons grouped them. typed /plugin mq2eqbc and /bccmd connect, and still not connecting to the server. So I got frustrated and deleted everything off my pc.. then re-ran it and it was working fine. But now I'm back to square 1 still not connecting.

You must first run the eqbc server however. If you're getting the box with the options hit the button for standalone, which should pop up a command prompt box and start doing things. You must keep that window open in order to connect, but you can minimize it.

Once the server is running, then you can do /bccmd connect

More information can be found on the wiki.

https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/24760-MQ2EQBC

Did that still didn't connect. At this point spend more time trying to connect to the server then actually playing the game.. Even tried /bccmd quit and unloaded it to start it over again and nothing. Only thing I can think of is when I click the shortcut it just shows up EQBC.. When I click it out the release folder I still get the dialog box. C:\Users\cryst\Desktop\MQ2\Release\EQBCS.exe so not really sure what the difference is in these two. but I'm just seriously frustrated with this. Because once I load Mq2 then the server then my toon I'm still not connected.

make sure it isnt blocked , right click it i know sometimes windows blocks some exe files , also if you see the window open and says waitinf for connection then try in game /bccmd connect if you have mq2loaded and the game loaded this should connect.

eqbc server simply will not work this morning, I ran the update as my computer restarted over night logged in as usual and eqbc isn't having any of it.

Have you tried changing the IP it listens on to 127.0.0.1 instead of 0.0.0.0? If you don't connect to it with a different PC over the network then this might help.

-orkim

Yup I did all that, I normally always start it by right clicking the icon from MQ. I got it to work after launching the standalone and then running debug mode it sorted it self out and worked.

So if I type:

INI:
/bcg //echo test of 50%

The toons that is sent to will crash. In fact any bc command sent requesting a toon execute a command with a % in it seems to crash the toons it's sent to.

Last edited:
@s0rcier reporting that the line,

/bct all //if ($\{Me.Pet.ID}) /multiline ; /tar id $\{Me.Pet.ID} ; /say arm yourself ; /say pet buff me ;

stopped working as of last patch.

Unparsable in Calculation $
failed to parse /if condition ($\{Me.Pet.ID}), non-numeric encountered...

the \ doesnt do the trick anymore!

i can confirm the issue is with eqbcs.exe (server side, not with the plugin itself)

eqbcs-eqmule is not working with the rof2 emu version...

thanks

Redbot submitted a new resource:

EQBCS.exe (EverQuest Box Chat Server) - The server for MQ2EQBC

EQ Box Chat allows you to issue commands to any or all of your characters from your main window, making multi-boxing much easier.

It consists of two parts:
1) The server. You are here :)
2) The client. Find that here. It's a plugin that you run on each character.

To start the server, right-click your MQ2 icon and select "Start EQBC Server"

View attachment 15837

Then click "Standalone"...

Read more about this resource...

INI:
/bct all //if ($\{Me.Pet.ID}) /multiline ; /tar id $\{Me.Pet.ID} ; /say arm yourself ; /say pet buff me ;

Look like server is not stripping escape character as eqbcs2 and eqbcs-eqmule does...

thanks

i was able to get
INI:
/bcga //multiline ; /bcga Ring at $\{FindItem[Amethyst Ring].Evolving.ExpPct} ; /bcga Boots at $\{FindItem[Efreeti Boots].Evolving.ExpPct} ; /bcga Gloves at $\{FindItem[White].Evolving.ExpPct} ; /bcga Shoulders at $\{FindItem[Weighted Tabard].Evolving.ExpPct}
to report, but it does spam alot, also I use jimbobs eqbc, since i dont get issues with it

i was able to get
INI:
/bcga //multiline ; /bcga Ring at $\{FindItem[Amethyst Ring].Evolving.ExpPct} ; /bcga Boots at $\{FindItem[Efreeti Boots].Evolving.ExpPct} ; /bcga Gloves at $\{FindItem[White].Evolving.ExpPct} ; /bcga Shoulders at $\{FindItem[Weighted Tabard].Evolving.ExpPct}
to report, but it does spam alot

those are working fine with eqbcs2 and eqbcs-eqmule but not with eqbcs.exe (well not on emu)

I will look into it tonight. I don't think I implemented anything for escaped characters. It shouldn't be difficult to add support though. There are still a couple bugs I need to fix too.

So, I got delayed a few days, but I added some support for escaped characters. I haven't thoroughly tested it, but if there's a willing volunteer or two, I'll happily post it!

Attachments

• EQBCS.zip
    143 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Jimbob, I tried the test update and find if I ran it as a service. The CPU utilization is about 10-15% for me. Which is quite high, since my eq instance is less than 10% when the game window is infront.

I will look into it tonight. I don't think I implemented anything for escaped characters. It shouldn't be difficult to add support though. There are still a couple bugs I need to fix too.

So, I got delayed a few days, but I added some support for escaped characters. I haven't thoroughly tested it, but if there's a willing volunteer or two, I'll happily post it!

I use the older eqbcs.exe still, i'll give this a shot this weekend and let you know..

Jimbob, I tried the test update and find if I ran it as a service. The CPU utilization is about 10-15% for me. Which is quite high, since my eq instance is less than 10% when the game window is infront.

I'm not seeing much difference. What did the old EQBCS take?

I reinstalled windows 10, but used old mq install and still the CPU utilization 15-17% for no client on it. Not sure why.

I reinstalled windows 10, but used old mq install and still the CPU utilization 15-17% for no client on it. Not sure why.

Thats really odd.. i am running basically same setup.. the old MQ2ECBS.exe file, which isnt included in the current VV, i copy it in from older ones.. and in windows 10, and its nowhere near even 5% utilization ever.. and i use up to 8 clients connected at once...

Plugin - MQ2EQBC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back