• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - KissAssist help (1 Viewer)

RedCents
333¢
Hello everyone, I am having no luck at all in getting this to work and I am getting very frustrated. I fully admit that i am sure it is me and not the product. But i am upset as i have had 3 full days off and i can not figure this out. i have read the guides and done i believe what it says to do at start up but i get no results. I need assistance from someone that can basically walk me through step by step. In my frustration i deleted my Kissassist_charactername.ini file this mornign thinking id just restart but when i log in and do as the guide says and target a group member and hit /mac kissassist wait 15 seconds the type /endmac. I see no new ini file to modify.

I have 4 toons i have 3 kissassist_charcatername.ini files they all have a basic set up but when i target and hit assist nothing happens. I have about 6 hours into this since i re purchased the service and can not figure it out. please help. i have been in the live chat forum on and off for hours but i can not see to catch anyone live there.

When you first create the Kissassist Character ini , make sure you are you on the same screen of the toon you are targeting. For example if I have a warrior I am making a ini for, I would be on the screen of the warrior and I would be targeting myself (the warrior), then I would type /mac kissassist and it would create and ini for that character. From there I would go into my macro folder and tweak the ini to fit what I wanted it to do. I have had several friends that made the mistake of targeting a different character than the one they are making the ini for originally.

after you make and edit each characters ini file you will target the tank from each of the characters screens so they will "assist" the tank. the only one you target yourself on is your tank because your tank is not assisting anyone.

example on your cleric or healer you target your tank and type /mac kissassist
on your tank you would target yourself (tank) and type /mac kissassist pullertank or /mac kissassist tank

did you make sure your type your spells into the ini file? also make sure your spells are in your gem slot.
did you make a mesh for the zone in your mq2 release folder the "mesh generator"
it maybe easier for you to make a step by step of what you have done so others can make suggestions. I am probably 1 of the most novice mq2 users on this site, but I'll try my best to help you out.

This is my shaman

[General]
KissAssistVer=8.5.5
Role=Assist
CampRadius=100
CampRadiusExceed=300
ReturnToCamp=0
ChaseAssist=0
ChaseDistance=25
MedOn=1
MedStart=20
MedStop=90
LootOn=0
RezAcceptOn=1
AcceptInvitesOn=1
MedCombat=0
EQBCOn=1
GroupWatchOn=1
IRCOn=0
MiscGem=8
HoTTOn=0
CampfireOn=0
CastingInterruptOn=0
CharInfo=Shaman|105
[Melee]
AssistAt=98
MeleeOn=1
MeleeDistance=75
StickHow=Snaproll
FaceMobOn=1
AutoFireOn=0
[DPS]
DPSOn=1
DPSSkip=10
DPSInterval=2
DPS1=Regenerating Counterbias Rk. II|99
DPS2=Turgur's Swarm|99
DPS3=Talisman of the Leopard|95|Me
DPS4=Malosinete|93|
DPS5=Livio's Malosenia Rk. II|89|Once
DPS6=Spirespine's Pandemic Rk. II|87|Once
DPS7=Serpentil's Venom Rk. II|85
DPS8=NULL
DPS9=NULL
DPS10=NULL
DPS11=NULL
DPS12=NULL
DPS13=NULL
DPS14=NULL
DPS15=NULL
[Buffs]
BuffsOn=1
Buffs1=Unity of the Doomscale|Dual|Insistent Focusing
Buffs2=Spirit of Bih`li|MA
Buffs3=Group Pact of the Wolf
Buffs4=Talisman of Celerity
Buffs5=Tribal Pact|mana|90|20
Buffs6=Cannibalization|mana|60|60
Buffs7=Talisman of the Faithful
Buffs8=Sluggishness|MA
Buffs9=Preincarnation
Buffs10=Spirit Guardian|MA
Buffs11=Call of the Ancients
Buffs12=Group Perfected Levitation
Buffs13=Null
Buffs14=NULL
Buffs15=NULL
Buffs16=NULL
Buffs17=NULL
Buffs18=NULL
Buffs19=NULL
Buffs20=NULL
RebuffOn=1
ChecKBuffsTimer=20
PowerSource=NULL
[Heals]
Help=Format Spell|% to heal at i.e. Devout Light Rk. II|50
HealsOn=1
Heals1=Krasir's Mending Rk. II|90
Heals2=Halcyon Shear|80
Heals3=Antecessor's Intervention|65
Heals4=Krasir's Mending Rk. II|75
Heals5=Frigid Gift|55|MA
Heals6=NULL
Heals7=NULL
Heals8=NULL
AutoRezOn=1
AutoRezWith=Call of the Wild
Heals9=NULL
Heals10=NULL
XTarHeal=0
Heals11=NULL
Heals12=NULL
Heals13=NULL
Heals14=NULL
Heals15=NULL
HealGroupPetsOn=0
[Pet]
PetOn=1
PetSpell=Olesira's Faithful Rk. II
PetShrinkOn=1
PetShrinkSpell=Tiny Companion
DoPetBuffs=0
PetBuffs1=NULL
PetBuffs2=NULL
PetBuffs3=NULL
PetBuffs4=NULL
PetBuffs5=NULL
PetBuffs6=NULL
PetBuffs7=NULL
PetBuffs8=NULL
PetBuffsOn=0
PetToysGave=
PetBreakMezSpell=NULL
PetRampPullWait=0
PetSuspend=0
PetCombatOn=1
MoveWhenHit=0
[Merc]
Help=To use: Turn off Auto Assist in Manage Mercenary Window
MercOn=1
MercAssistAt=95
[Pull]
PullWith=Dark Constriction
MaxRadius=350
MaxZRange=50
LoSFailOn=0
PullWait=0
PullRoleToggle=0
ChainPull=0
ChainPullHP=90
ChainPullPause=30|2
PullLevel=0|0
[AFKTools]
AFKToolsOn=0
AFKGMAction=/quit
AFKPCRadius=50
AFKHelp=AFKGMAction=0 Off, 1 Pause Macro, 2 End Macro, 3 Unload MQ2, 4 Quit Game
CampOnDeath=0
ClickBacktoCamp=0
[Burn]
BurnText=Decepticons Attack
Burn1=NULL
Burn2=NULL
Burn3=NULL
Burn4=NULL
Burn5=NULL
Burn6=NULL
Burn7=NULL
Burn8=NULL
BurnNamed=0
BurnAllNamed=0
Burn9=NULL
Burn10=NULL
Burn11=NULL
Burn12=NULL
Burn13=NULL
Burn14=NULL
Burn15=NULL
UseTribute=0
[Pull]
PullWith=Melee
MaxRadius=350
MaxZRange=50
PullWait=0
[AFKTools]
AFKHelp=AFKGMAction=0 Off, 1 Pause Macro, 2 End Macro, 3 Unload MQ2, 4 Quit Game
AFKToolsOn=1
AFKGMAction=1
AFKPCRadius=150
CampOnDeath=0
ClickBacktoCamp=0
[Merc]
MercOn=0
MercAssistAt=92
[GoM]
GoMSHelp=Format - Spell|Target, MA Me or Mob, i.e. Rampaging Servant Rk. II|Mob
GoMSpell1=NULL
GoMSpell2=NULL
GoMSpell3=NULL
[AE]
AEOn=0
AERadius=50
AE1=Enalam's Drowse|2|Mob
AE2=Group Pact of the Wolf|2
AE3=NULL
AE4=NULL
AE5=NULL
[Aggro]
AggroOn=0
Aggro1=NULL
Aggro2=NULL
Aggro3=NULL
[Cures]
CuresOn=0
Cures1=NULL
Cures2=NULL
Cures3=NULL
Cures4=NULL
Cures5=NULL
[SpellSet]
LoadSpellSet=0
SpellSetName=KissAssist

- - - Updated - - -

this is my cleric

[General]
KissAssistVer=8.5.5
Role=Assist
CampRadius=100
CampRadiusExceed=400
ReturnToCamp=0
ChaseAssist=0
ChaseDistance=25
MedOn=0
MedStart=90
MedCombat=0
LootOn=0
RezAcceptOn=1
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=0
EQBCOn=1
MiscGem=11
HoTTOn=0
IRCOn=0
CampfireOn=0
CastingInterruptOn=0
CharInfo=Cleric|105
[Buffs]
BuffsOn=1
Buffs1=Divine Indemnification|MA
Buffs2=Aura of Divinity Rk. II|Aura
Buffs3=Veturika's Perseverance|Mana|80
Buffs4=Shining Bastion|MA
Buffs5=Quiet Miracle|Mana|50
Buffs6=Aura of the Reverent|Aura
Buffs7=Tainted Band of the Avaricious
Buffs8=Hive Guard's Ring
Buffs9=Fire-Singed Cloak
Buffs10=Grendlaen Hide Spaulders
Buffs11=False Prophet's Vanity
Buffs12=Armor of the Ardent
Buffs13=Giant's Fuzzy Coat
Buffs14=Forgotten Juggemaut's Pauldrons
Buffs15=Tainted Band of the Avaricious
Buffs16=NULL
Buffs17=NULL
Buffs18=NULL
Buffs19=NULL
Buffs20=NULL
RebuffOn=1
ChecKBuffsTimer=20
PowerSource=NULL
[Melee]
AssistAt=95
MeleeOn=0
FaceMobOn=0
MeleeDistance=75
StickHow=snaproll
AutoFireOn=0
[GoM]
GoMSHelp=Format - Spell|Target, MA Me or Mob, i.e. Rampaging Servant Rk. II|Mob
GoMSpell=Gift of Mana Spell
GoMSpell1=Gift of Mana Spell
GoMSpell2=Gift of Mana Spell
GoMSpell3=NULL
[AE]
AEOn=1
AERadius=50
AE1=Healing Frenzy|3|Mob
AE2=Flurry of Life|3|Mob
AE3=Celestial Rapidity|3|Mob
AE4=Channeling the Divine|3|Mob
AE5=NULL
AE6=NULL
AE7=NULL
AE8=NULL
AE9=NULL
AE10=NULL
AE11=NULL
AE12=NULL
AE13=NULL
AE14=NULL
AE15=NULL
[DPS]
DPSOn=0
DPSSkip=5
DPSInterval=5
DPS1=NULL
DPS2=NULL
DPS3=NULL
DPS4=NULL
DPS5=NULL
DPS6=NULL
DPS7=NULL
DPS8=NULL
DPS9=NULL
DPS10=NULL
DPS11=NULL
DPS12=NULL
DPS13=NULL
DPS14=NULL
DPS15=NULL
[Heals]
Help=Format Spell|% to heal at i.e. Devout Light Rk. II|50
HealsOn=1
Heals1=Burst of Life|50|!MA
Heals2=Spiritual Remedy Rk. II|35|MA
Heals3=Fervid Renewal|80|MA
Heals4=Fervid Renewal|90|MA
Heals5=Fraught Renewal|80|MA
Heals6=Spiritual Remedy Rk. II|80|MA
Heals7=Word of Greater Reformation|50|!MA
Heals8=Graceful Remedy|70|!MA
Heals9=Syllable of Convalescence RK. II|50
Heals10=Divine Arbitration|50
Heals11=Fraught Renewal|70|!MA
Heals12=Spiritual Remedy Rk. II|40|MA
Heals13=Fervid Renewal|70|!MA
Heals14=Ardent Elixir Rk. II|95|MA
Heals15=NULL
AutoRezOn=1
AutoRezWith=Blessing of Resurrection
XTarHeal=0
HealGroupPetsOn=0
[Cures]
CuresOn=0
Cures1=NULL
Cures2=NULL
Cures3=NULL
Cures4=NULL
Cures5=NULL
[Burn]
BurnText=Decepticons Attack
Burn1=NULL
Burn2=NULL
Burn3=NULL
Burn4=NULL
Burn5=NULL
Burn6=NULL
BurnAllNamed=0
Burn7=NULL
Burn8=NULL
Burn9=NULL
Burn10=NULL
Burn11=NULL
Burn12=NULL
Burn13=NULL
Burn14=NULL
Burn15=NULL
UseTribute=0
[Pull]
PullWith=Melee
PullMyHPs=25
MaxRadius=350
MaxZRange=50
PullWait=0
PullRoleToggle=0
ChainPull=0
ChainPullHP=90
ChainPullPause=30|2
PullLevel=0|0
[AFKTools]
AFKToolsOn=0
AFKGMAction=0
AFKPCRadius=150
CampOnDeath=0
ClickBacktoCamp=0
[Merc]
MercOn=0
MercAssistAt=92
[Aggro]
AggroOn=0
Aggro1=NULL
Aggro2=NULL
Aggro3=NULL
Aggro4=NULL
Aggro5=NULL
[SpellSet]
LoadSpellSet=0
SpellSetName=KissAssist

- - - Updated - - -

I really appreciate the help. Here is what i did as i thought it was what the guide said to do.
I downloaded mq and kiss assist. I load mq before i launch eq. at my load in screen ihave an extra box for mq. when i get in game in the little mq box i have no one targeted and typed /mac kissassist, i then waited and did /endmac.
From there i went to macros file and opened the KissAssist_Character name.ini file.
I pretty much just modified it slightly - set loot to 0 and turned off auto follow.
I went back into game. put my guys in group i targeted my warrior with shaman and cleric i have warrior set to main assist and main tank. I then typed /mac kissassist on cleric and shaman with warrior targeted. it appears macro loads in box it runs through a bunch of script no errors. but the toons do nothing, i pull they do nothing.

I thought i would start over so I deleted the character name ini file for the mage. i have done the same process fo rhim and it is not re creating his ini file?

let's make sure you only have one kissassist macro in your file and that's named kissassist. then take your toons to a zone where you can run things and see how it's going. you don't want to steamroll mobs because you can't test everything if the mobs die instantly, but you don't want to get roflstomped either so pick a zone like plane of health. set up somewhere. to begin with, i'd just start with your tank and your shaman (or cleric, but let's go one at a time). pop a merc on your tank to heal you just in case shaman doesn't behave. on your shaman, target your tank and type /macro kissassist. watch your mq window. see what happens with your shaman. does he start buffing? pull something with your tank. see what happens with your shaman. you can repeat with your cleric. your ini look functional, so i'm hoping the latest version of KA will get them up and running and then you can tweak them.

here is a guide and here is more info. i don't use EQBC because i'm a noob but it seems like it adds a lot of functionality. let's skip it for now (leave it set at 0) and see if we can get your shm to slow and heal.

1. Are you using the red guide vanilla build of mq2? as in downloaded the program from this forums front page?
  2. The inis you have, did you write them out yourself or just copy paste them from this site?
  3. Once you downloaded the MQ2 from here, did you run the patcher to have it update to the newest version?
  4. you say you just modified the ini files slightly when they was created?, who put in spells and buffs then?

I am using red guides build off mq2 - Kissassist
Timmys was king enough to link a download i needed i did download that but now there is 2 fiels one with 1 on one with a 2
The inis i use i originally were others i modified to my spells like 6 months ago, and they worked relatively well. Could always be better, i do not know how to add items and aa's - im just trying to get the basics to work again
Currently i deleted my mage ini and i do not know how to get it to re appear in the Macro folder blank with his name.
I ran the patcher it updated - i did that when i first came back now the inis i had are doing nothing.
Im not against re starting all together thats why i deleted the mage one but i can not get it to create a new ini file.

It is entirely possible i have something very simple wrong but i can not figure it out

I am using red guides build off mq2 - Kissassist
Timmys was king enough to link a download i needed i did download that but now there is 2 fiels one with 1 on one with a 2
The inis i use i originally were others i modified to my spells like 6 months ago, and they worked relatively well. Could always be better, i do not know how to add items and aa's - im just trying to get the basics to work again
Currently i deleted my mage ini and i do not know how to get it to re appear in the Macro folder blank with his name.
I ran the patcher it updated - i did that when i first came back now the inis i had are doing nothing.
Im not against re starting all together thats why i deleted the mage one but i can not get it to create a new ini file.

It is entirely possible i have something very simple wrong but i can not figure it out

Run kissassist to recreate the ini file

if doing /mac kissassist on your mage does not recreate a new kissassist_magename.ini then you in the wrong folder somehow, and your inis that dont work or do nothing is also in the wrong folder from where mq2 is running from.

delete the folder "Kissassist_Charactername.ini" - that's not a folder we use, but a general name for kissassist ini files.

If you used the installer, all kissassist_charactername.ini files should be in the folder Release\Macros

Question - KissAssist help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back