• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - Crypto mining (1 Viewer)

Is there a chat or discord for crypto? If so I would like to participate, I have not been sleeping well, I have the crypto bug ;)

Monero Difficulty is climbing and Equihash / Ethash are starting to top it even for Vega's now. I don't think its worth it unless you can get a Vega for 400-500 bucks.

To directly address this, it is about $5-$6 dollars a day for a Vega 56. This used to be $7-$9 before the big difficulty jump, but it starting to drop as more folks jump aboard.

Nice, not bad. I'm pushing about $6 a day give or take a little bit it seems with my 1080.

I'm wondering if you could explain to me a little bit what happened when you sold your cards back in july/august. I guess I dont understand how to anticipate lower profits coming and I'd like to be able to foresee that a little bit.

Also, i'm using nicehash until I get my permanent open air rig up and going. I've got it running the equihash algorithm and it seems my card will do 500-530 sol/s and with the fan at 100% it's running at about 44C. Seems pretty low to me no?

I've got an msi gtx 1080 twin frozr vi and only 1 of the 2 fans is operating. I've read contradictory statements from googling the issue. Some people say that its a faulty unit/fan. Some say that the second fan will only run when the GPU reaches a certain temperature. I've also read that the mode setting will also affect this.

Nice, not bad. I'm pushing about $6 a day give or take a little bit it seems with my 1080.

I'm wondering if you could explain to me a little bit what happened when you sold your cards back in july/august. I guess I dont understand how to anticipate lower profits coming and I'd like to be able to foresee that a little bit.

Also, i'm using nicehash until I get my permanent open air rig up and going. I've got it running the equihash algorithm and it seems my card will do 500-530 sol/s and with the fan at 100% it's running at about 44C. Seems pretty low to me no?

I've got an msi gtx 1080 twin frozr vi and only 1 of the 2 fans is operating. I've read contradictory statements from googling the issue. Some people say that its a faulty unit/fan. Some say that the second fan will only run when the GPU reaches a certain temperature. I've also read that the mode setting will also affect this.
That is crazy low. 70C is what all my cards run at.

At the time ethhash was one of the only profitable algorithms. The difficulty was rising and coin price was stagnant. Obviously, I could of just kept them all and it would of been fine. I might sell Vega's if difficulty keeps rising with very little price increase on Monero. Since I could sell a vega and get a 1080ti.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

I recently purchased a pre built system with a gtx 1080 in it and i use it to mine crypto when im not using it. Makes about $6-7 a day using awesome miner. So it pays for the cost of financing the system itself and power cost + a little extra.

Question tho. Have any of you considered doing cloud mining? I have invested in 2 cloud mining platforms with good results. As always I never invest anything I cant afford to loose but I was curious if anyone else has tried it.

That is crazy low. 70C is what all my cards run at.

At the time ethhash was one of the only profitable algorithms. The difficulty was rising and coin price was stagnant. Obviously, I could of just kept them all and it would of been fine. I might sell Vega's if difficulty keeps rising with very little price increase on Monero. Since I could sell a vega and get a 1080ti.

I OC'd my card a bit, tweaked a few settings. Its now at 63C. BUT, my house is abnormally cool I think. Me and my wife keep it at about 64 F. That probably helps a bit.

On a different note, with my basic understanding of the crypto world. Are miner's not a necessity for the whole system to work? If its not profitable, why would anyone mine? Wouldn't the whole system collapse if that weren't the case?

I OC'd my card a bit, tweaked a few settings. Its now at 63C. BUT, my house is abnormally cool I think. Me and my wife keep it at about 64 F. That probably helps a bit.

On a different note, with my basic understanding of the crypto world. Are miner's not a necessity for the whole system to work? If its not profitable, why would anyone mine? Wouldn't the whole system collapse if that weren't the case?

Yes and no.

Mining is necessary yes, but there are places like this that have been doing it for years [video=youtube;K8kua5B5K3I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8kua5B5K3I[/video]

I don't think your average joe miner quitting is going to stop anything, it does help crypto grow though! I assume your question was rhetorical, but I always look for a chance to share this video haha

I recently purchased a pre built system with a gtx 1080 in it and i use it to mine crypto when im not using it. Makes about $6-7 a day using awesome miner. So it pays for the cost of financing the system itself and power cost + a little extra.

Question tho. Have any of you considered doing cloud mining? I have invested in 2 cloud mining platforms with good results. As always I never invest anything I cant afford to loose but I was curious if anyone else has tried it.
Cloud mining is mostly a scam. Most of the get you with small print and maintenance fees. To turn a profit crypto has to blow up and you would of been better off just directly investing.

I just quit using nicehash, and fired up awesome miner. It seems it is indeed a good bit more profitable. My only concern is that i'm actually mining to a BTC address of mine. Where did you set that up at? just the profit switching page where you enter a BTC address right?

Nice! Crypto mining - I have been doing it since 2013. We have a 500kw mine, running GPU, S9, L3, A3, Baikals. Key to mining - dont sell your coins to pay the bills. If anyone is looking for mining gear www.coinminer.com is trusted, I have a good relationship with them.

Hey folks, are any of you still mining? I've spent my last half year building up a pretty succesful company in the business, and even though we don't have a lot of funds, we are pretty much in the forefront of the industry. :) I'm today mining at about 50-70% better results than NiceHash, using about 35-40% of the electricity and trying to figure out how to correctly use FPGA:s for what I want while spearheading a collective of some very large GPU miners all around the world. :)

Would be fun to hear what happened to you all after the January boom.

Most of my profits I sunk back into gpus, thank God for that, and I have been slowly selling off all of it. Still have a couple Rx 580s going, but nothing like the 14 gpus I had in the hayday. It is just the cycle it goes through. I'll probably kick back up when the new gpus hit the market later this year.

I'm continually increasing with new GPU:s and managed to build a pretty good network. I'm actually recieving GPU:s now for "free" and letting them pay off themselves with mining thanks to a company in Sweden that I'm consulting regarding mining. :D

Also set up my own pool and am working on a few more projects, including some that don't exist on the market today. :) On the other hand, we need another bull market soon!

Most of my profits I sunk back into gpus, thank God for that, and I have been slowly selling off all of it. Still have a couple Rx 580s going, but nothing like the 14 gpus I had in the hayday. It is just the cycle it goes through. I'll probably kick back up when the new gpus hit the market later this year.

Nvidia Turing series i.e 11xx series will be going live mid August, about 1 month from now. Will be in limited supply initially probably because Nvidia has overstock on making to many Pascal gpu's due to cryptomining. They have 300k gpus in overstock, with the combination of overstock and new gpu's going to retailers, we finally see Pascal chips going back to their "normal" prices before cryptomining blew the prices up. They are still not good deals in general still selling at MSRP range or above, but should drop in price below MSRP once Turing releases is my guess.

minecraft GIF

Tech - Crypto mining

Users who are viewing this thread

Back