• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Contest Last Redguides Contest of 2017! (1 Viewer)

The most memorable to me for 2017 MQ2... When EQMule had to take down MQ2 source and the future of MQ2 was up in the air for pretty much everyone. Was a wild ride that ended up with a pretty cool new way to build the code and made things safer for us all!

Most memorable for me when Kissassist Conditions and tweeking out the kinks for my box crew~ hope everyone has had a good year and hopefully has a good new years! stay safe my MQ Family~ thank you all for your hard work long live eqmule!

My favorite thing about 2017 is the growth of the Redguides community this year. We seem to have a lot more people now with a lot more coders. :dance::toot::airquote:

My most memorable moments of 2017 are when I log on to redguides in the morning or after work, to see a new post / ad for a new flashy version of Kiss with all kinds of neat new features!

Put that together with the work gone into Nav, and now Autoloot, so much stuff all working in unison makes boxing so fun!

Favorite everquest moment this year would have to be rushing on the Quarm Event Server to kill OMM first or setting up my first 6 box squad ( thank god for all the instructions here on RG ) =)

Man I forgot about Quarm!

My favorite moment of 2017 was finally taking the plunge and installing MQ! I had been playing a couple of characters since Dec 1999 on and off trying my best to get keybinds and macros to do the bulk of the work. With EoK I found it difficult to get steady groups and multiboxing was getting tedious and painful.

Not being the most computer proficient person I studied all of the walk throughs for KA, looked through tons of .ini's and decided pay a few bucks and start the download. Most of it was very intuitive and really brought much of the "fun" back to EQ for me. Before long I had several characters up and running - taking on content I would never try the old fashioned way.

That's when I really began to trust the Redguides community. I had bought an SK from the "other site" and played it as a main until it was banned 3 months later when several of the big account sellers got tagged. I was crushed because I had really begun to put some time and money into the character. Work started to ramp up and I decided to just pay for some power leveling from a couple of sellers. I had a fully EOK T2 SK within a month. Another seller leveled and AA'd a couple of my utility alts (Mage and Druid). And suddenly I was having a great time playing EQ again. I have never been ripped off from any seller here whether it was trusting them with the login of my 15+year old account or buying a few krono here and there. Every single seller I have encountered has done exactly what they said they were going to do. And they have made my (very) part time EQ play much more fun now that I use Kissassist.

I still wipe my group out. I still get frustrated by lag. I get pissed off when the patch takes longer than it should. And that is how I know I am enjoying myself playing EQ again. Because over the years I have quit and come back a number of times - always out of frustration and boredom.

Kudos to the developers and sellers here at Redguides!

(Also WTB Skybreaker but too lazy/embarased to make a thread in the Bazar)

Coming back to the game after a 7 year hiatus and re learning everything. Using KissAssist for the first time and learning some of the ins and outs. The support I have received from the community is overwhelming. Even if I do not win, all the best in the New Year to everyone and their families from mine!

my favorite memory of 2017 at redguides was me finally getting around to posting low level kissini for a group from 1 to 65 or so, i said id do it and finally did lol and getting friends to join and meeting up with folks from rg on servers throughout the year.

I have really enjoyed the new achievements for the original expansions. Camping named in those zones is really nostalgic.

Derp, Am i to late to be in the contest bah!!

2017 was my return after a good break from the game. I was rusty but KA got me right in an going was like i didn't even skip a beat. I have had some good laughs. There is a guy that must have 50+ account, the funny thing is he tryies to play it off that he is a different person. Not a hard thing to figure out when you don't talk to anyone so you never get tells. Then you hang out with a person an make friends then you end up getting random tells asking if you need a group or asking for help or questions from names you don't know. Then you realize it is that same person but they say they are not. So then you have to have fun with it an send tells to to all the different toons they have but claim they are a different person. The next thing you know they are answering you back with the wrong toon that they said isn't them an you get to watch them back peddle an try to explain how it happened. Only in EQ. Anyway, it seems one must box if you want to be able to get gear an progression done. If it wasn't for KA an such, i can honestly say i wouldn't be playing an paying to be a gold member. So thanks to all the people that are keeping it all going an easy for the brain dead people like me to be able to use it with out having to read up an figure it out. There has been a ton of changes in KA since i last used it, one of these days i will take a minute an read up on all the changes an how to mod it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best moments for me were logging into EQ and not having any of my characters banned in 2017! Woo!

Best part of 2017 for me was finally making my way back to EQ.. once i decided that i was coming back first thing i did was come back to RG and pick up a new sub lol if it wasnt for RG and the community i wouldnt bother. The stuff the coders here make allow me to enjoy the game without having to worry about spending days lfg and such.. i had my sub before i ever redownloaded the game lol and the few times ive posted for help it was almost instant and u dont get just answers.. they explain HOW to get ur own answer.. nobody here has a problem teaching others and thats amazing. im glad i came back and even if i decide to quit down the road i believe im always gonna keep my RG sub. Hope everybody has a great year!

My favorite memory from this year was finally finishing my first epic 2.0 ever. I don?t normally do quests and actually doing an epic was something I?d meant to do for many years now.

2017 been really great for me inside EQ, having a blast playing progression servers and meeting new people. My favorite moment was the Expansion launch rush involving OoW on Phini...running around farming Epics, exp and runes. Closely followed by GoD launch... It was a blast after being closed in PoP/Ldon for many months. I am sorry for the Agnarr guys... They won't go through that.
I hope that 2018 goes as well as this.

My favorite thing of 2017 is auto cleric (I plan to try out war and bard in 2018).

A close second was finding /alias /echo delete. Everything was working so i was not super concerned but seeing all that text in the MQ window was driving me a little crazy.

My favorite moment this year was looking at the 40+ tabs I had open in my browser after I had gone down the MQ2/Redguides rabbit hole :woop:

I have to say making contributions enough to not only get MQ2EasyFind up and running and then donating more to get click to run to work in it was the highlight of my Redguides year :) That thing is so damn awesome!

my favorite moment was working with Maskio on Skype and for once, everything was working perfect, like too perfect! it was carnage in game but smooth in Kiss! then we got 2 rares back to back!

My favorite part of 2017 was discovering/using MQ2Nav for the first time. No clue how I MQ2'd so long without it, boy was I missing out.

OH, hello Razkle, you "back"?

- - - Updated - - -

My personal favorite RG moments of 2017 was coming across Dretski's PLing for Charity / His Shelter Post .

I missed this the first time around, as an animal lover myself I will be contributing. Thanks Coinshop.

Walking my 6 box group through EoKs Chardok. That sold me onMQ2 and KA.

I rarely have enough time to find a group in EQ let alonedungeon crawl with one. Being able to login and immediately go dungeon crawlingwas amazing.

I have really enjoyed the new achievements for the original expansions. Camping named in those zones is really nostalgic.

This is a good one... I'd also add that I had a lot of fun trying to get the slayer achievements (very casually, I might add). It was fun looking for sploity ways to speed it up :)

My Legit Favorite moment w/Redguides in 2017 Was the Day ROS Came out, Realizing that when you donate if you pay attention to your messages you get early access! Up until this point i'd never Tried to run the patcher or paid attention to random messages! It was an Awesome surprise!

Started back to the game in late 2017 and found mq again! Made me think how much time I was going to save! Then realize how much time I spent setting a whole group up for the first time! Had a blast learning the software!

BTW thanks for everyone's efforts this has made the game quite enjoyable for me.

Rolls will be held on FV, 12pm EST at the CR "New character" area in the back by the waterfall
Good luck everyone!
All new posts will not count.

Thanks again to our sponsors and everyone that joined in on the discussion!

Last edited:
Contest Last Redguides Contest of 2017!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back