• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - RoS or PoS (1 Viewer)

rhb

RedCents
467¢
I don't know if anyone else agrees but to me this expansion is a joke. I raided it a bit in Beta, found the mechanics to be very annoying, pretty much went through the motions and then decided to not buy it. Now that I've seen it hit live and the group quests, progression and loot has hit the gen pop... I'm even more disappointed.

This is barely EoK 2.0, and the one "new" item they added (Crestra's Earring) is just a half assed mixture of EotD/Artisans Aug ego stroker.

I thought EoK was a decent upgrade from TBM. But Eok to Ros?? It's barely above a carbon copy... outside of the level increase and group armor/weapons (which I do think is pretty cool since they're also not prestige) the entire expansion doesn't seem like it's even halfway worth the purchase price.

Anyone have any arguments for it? I don't see a good reason to purchase this one (let alone purchase it for 12 accounts), I'd rather wait for the next and hope it's at least a new storyline. :toot:

If you don't buy RoS you won't be able to say this anymore about your characters:

[video=youtube;-dJolYw8tnk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dJolYw8tnk[/video]

That's the best argument I have heard.

I think RoS and EoK were supposed to be one big expansion, but they split it in half. So, I am trying not to think like its a new expansion, but the second half that they couldnt complete for one big release when EoK came out. That being said, I dont feel so bad that its lackluster in some ways. The level increase, new spells and what not are enough to keep me going personally for a bit. I hope you reconsider..."they" need your money to pay for the devs for the next expansion! :drink

I haven't setup my desktop systems after the move we made earlier this fall, and after reading about RoS I don't see much reason to buy it. The only thing that might draw me back into EQ for a while is farming more rares to sell. If DBG had created another market in RoS for ultra-rare sales then maybe I'd buy it, but they shot themselves in the foot (imo) by letting the ultra-rares from EoK to carry over. Why buy the new expansion when I can keep RMT'ing in the old one?

Fucking idiots.

The loot from t2 named is a joke for sure. It's barely an upgrade. You gain some heroic stats, but lose actual stats like AC or Heal/Spell Damage. Some of the loot is a good upgrade but I don't understand why they changed the stats so much. Also, experience sucks. I hope they fix that

I haven't setup my desktop systems after the move we made earlier this fall, and after reading about RoS I don't see much reason to buy it. The only thing that might draw me back into EQ for a while is farming more rares to sell. If DBG had created another market in RoS for ultra-rare sales then maybe I'd buy it, but they shot themselves in the foot (imo) by letting the ultra-rares from EoK to carry over. Why buy the new expansion when I can keep RMT'ing in the old one?

Fucking idiots.

I broke down and bought it for 6 of my toons a few days ago. Daybreak is still losing revenue though, at least from me. In previous years I've bought:

12 accounts for EoK,

year before that 25ish TBM accounts although gift codes

TDS 25ish accounts

CotF 45ish accounts

So this year they took ~$200 of my money for 6 account, although that doesn't taken into account indirect revenue they get from me through burning 7-8- Krono per month that someone else bought.

well considering i had not bought expacs since cotf because of tlp its worth it to upgrade for me , however i have one group that has eok and seriously debating not upgrading them for same reasons listed. still ticked they didint do anything for holidays either between christmas and new years hoping there is a sale or something worth while.

well considering i had not bought expacs since cotf because of tlp its worth it to upgrade for me , however i have one group that has eok and seriously debating not upgrading them for same reasons listed. still ticked they didint do anything for holidays either between christmas and new years hoping there is a sale or something worth while.

I would suggest only buying 6 and no more if you do buy it.

The ONLY reason to buy is lvl 110 and spells/AAs, to me that's all I get from this expac....

You also get visible and non vis group gear upgrades as well. Some good augments too! yes, my beer glass is still half full and not half empty...at least for the moment :raise:

as long as they can keep making 1 expansion splitting it into 2 and getting the price of 2 expansions out of it they will. it would take a mass ralley on all servers to protest against this practice for it to stop.

And as for it helps pay the devs wages yes that may have been true when it was the sinking ship Sony Online Entertainment became but daybreak games is owned by a multi million pound finance company so to say they cant pay there own employee's is just nonsense.

This is simply what is happing there milking the playerbase for everything they can while they can.

Well people wanted a level upgrade.. we got a level upgrade and jack and shit else. Probably will need 2-3 more expansions to just fill out spells/ abilitys to match what we had before.

as long as they can keep making 1 expansion splitting it into 2 and getting the price of 2 expansions out of it they will. it would take a mass ralley on all servers to protest against this practice for it to stop.

And as for it helps pay the devs wages yes that may have been true when it was the sinking ship Sony Online Entertainment became but daybreak games is owned by a multi million pound finance company so to say they cant pay there own employee's is just nonsense.

This is simply what is happing there milking the playerbase for everything they can while they can.

That will never happen because of raiders for the most part. Most of their revenue from expansions probably comes from botters and raiders. Apparently some of us botters have started downgrading and got the message that they are churning out this crap, but raiders think that they "have to buy it" , its not like anyone is forcing :bang:you to buy it which raiders will never understand and will always end up buying it. I bet the majority of their pre-order sales are just raiders, group gamers/botters actually wait till after release before forking over their dollars.

Well people wanted a level upgrade.. we got a level upgrade and jack and shit else. Probably will need 2-3 more expansions to just fill out spells/ abilitys to match what we had before.

Well actually, Daybreak were supposed to give us the level upgrade, upgraded spells/aa's as one expansion last year. They even stated they've been working on some of the zones for 1.5 years in the twitch stream, which means they were working on all of this to be part of EoK. They just decided to split it into 2 for several reasons:

1) Their developers are lazy as fuck because they have job security (due to noone new is getting hired or trained), so have no incentive to work and get things done
2) Management is shit especially that Holly bitch who has no clue how to run and control their lazy developers (just watch the last few twitch streams she's in)
3) They spend time making shit fluff dogs, cats etc for marketplace.
4) Player base is stupid enough to fall for it every year and keep giving away their money (myself included), and Daybreak exploited us. Which is why I try to exploit them right back in several ways, as should everyone else.
5) And most importantly, they wasted over 120+ millions of dollars on countless other projects over the years, which they could have used to expand the games that were churning in the real revenue EQ1, EQ2, and Planetside. Which they could have used to fix the core aspects of the game (avatars, graphics etc), expand & train the team/management, etc.

Discussion - RoS or PoS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back