• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - How to change targets (1 Viewer)

whiteviper

RedCents
274¢
My main character is my Bard. I have a war clr and 3 wiz to round out my group.

When i pull on the bard the war runs in and picks everything up and i mez the rest. If i pull a name and a friend its a crap shoot on what one the war picks up first. If he gets the named all is good. If he gets the add then i cant mez and he has to tank a name plus an add.

Is there a way for me to target a mob and send a /bcg command to tell everyone to switch targets?

hum I must be missing something. When I pull 2 and the war picks up 1 I targeted the second one at 100% and sent a /bcg //switch and a /bcg //switchnow and they still finished the first mob then took on the second.

I am doing the targeting on my bard and sending the /bcg to war clr wiz

when you issue the /bcg //switchnow the rest of the group will assist the MainAssist doesn't matter what character sends the command.

On all your characters you should see a message in the MQ window "New target Called!". If you are not seeing that message then the command is not getting executed correctly.

I have a question on this myself for a raid setting. How can I make my group attack another target other than mine. If I am off-tanking I would like them to attack the raid assist target. Must I set them to assist raid assist or can I issue a command and they will switch targets? I really don't want to set them to another assist due to it changes often and would seem to be a real pain.

I was playing around with this a little last night and think i found a good solution if you have 5 or less toons to switch. For raiding i run BRD CLR WIZ x 4. I play the bard manually. The cleric uses auto cleric with the bard being the MA and does a great job of keeping the group healed. For the wiz's i assist the raid MA and do my /mac kissassist. When its time to switch I made a macro that does /bct wiz1name //switchnow with 4 lines telling the 4 specific wiz. As long as i start kiss with the wizards targeting the raid MA this button seems to work great so far.

If anyone has any better options please chime in.

Question - How to change targets

Users who are viewing this thread

Back