• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - #has left the server (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,393¢
Since the last update, I messed up my eqbc. My other computer trying to connect toons to main computer, says connected requesting names then #- has left the server then Remote connection closed, you are no longer connected. then repeats the connection process. any ideas. thanks.

UPDATE: Did a complete resinstall on both computers and set up the windows service. now trying to get the other box connected. could not connect.

Also question. whats the difference between the eqbcs and the mq2eqbcs files. thanks again.

Last edited:
Yeah, I tried both, works fine on my live build, but started having trouble on my test setup. I did so much stuff moving around and editing eqbc ini files, changing ip addresses. I'm guessing it has something to do with that. I just did a complete reinstall right before server went down. so i will go back to it after mq2 patch is done. thanks.

EQBCS.exe is a replacement for mq2eqbcs.exe

you may now delete mq2eqbcs.exe (not the .dll though)

cannonballdex

Having the same issues as your OP though. Looking into it now.
jimbob, are you still able to connect from a different PC? Any idea what we're doing wrong? I'll write up a guide for the new eqbcs if we can figure this out.

This process repeats itself, but does not show any notification in the eqbcs windows on the main comp of any kind of attempt to connect.

#Connecting to 192.168.1.2 2112...
#Connected!
#Requesting names...
#- Remote connection closed, you are no longer connected

UPDATE: Went back to an old folder copied the old MQ2EQBC files to my new folders and everything connected again.

Same problem ........... I can ping the client and server computers .......... Fire Wall permissions are set for allow ............. IP Addresses are correct ............ EQBCon=1 in ini's ??

Here's my understanding: MQ2EQBCS.exe *can* connect from other PCs, EQBCS.exe cannot.

We'll work on EQBCS.exe as that's our server program going forward.

Problem - #has left the server

Users who are viewing this thread

Back