• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There was a hotfixtoday. DO NOT PATCH EQ or you'll have to wait for the next MQ update (no ETA). You can play without the patch by using patchme or autologin (preferred). If you've already patched EQ you're out of luck, unless you find someone to share the older eqgame.exe (don't ask here).

Discussion - TBM not F2P? (1 Viewer)

It may go live at a later date (but not too later) I think they may have did it like that for TDS where a week later TDS went live for F2P.

I'd be shocked if TBM isn't made F2P =O

... I think this may be becoming either a bug or a very shady deal by DBG.

Last year EoK launched on 11/16 and TDS unlocked before 11/17.

https://www.everquest.com/news/empires-of-kunark-2016-expansion-available-now

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/tds-unlock.236633/#post-3482660

so unless they changed the rules then TBM should either already be unlocked or possibly unlock today.

the "shady deal" is if they decided to follow eq2 and quit doing f2p expansion release with 0 public awareness.

The question is how much does releasing older expansions for free actually benefit them?

Would they make more money by not doing that or less? Maybe they plan to conduct an experiment to see which of the two is better to do.

The question is how much does releasing older expansions for free actually benefit them?

I was going to burn some krono and maybe sub some others to do some TBM. Don't know how many others would be in the same boat, but I'm in limbo with some of my accounts because of them not being forthright on this. They should really not make it hard for me to give them money.

I was going to burn some krono and maybe sub some others to do some TBM. Don't know how many others would be in the same boat, but I'm in limbo with some of my accounts because of them not being forthright on this. They should really not make it hard for me to give them money.

I couldnt agree more, i think that releasing older expansions does them more good than bad but I really dont see why they cant just tell us what's going on. Only reason they wouldnt tell us is if they dont know/if they're experimenting I would suspect.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they're going to let you purchase TBM for like 1000 daybreak cash - that way some people still have to pay and some people still get it for free.

That sounds ok to me. Have you seen that posted somewhere?

Nope I haven't. It just seems like the best way for daybreak to still make money off people without everyone hating them for doing it. Technically 1000 daybreak cash would be free but it's also not free cause some people will buy it so therefore daybreak wins =P

Discussion - TBM not F2P?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back