• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - WANTED! API programmer, for a possibly very lucrative career in the crypto industry. (1 Viewer)

Dretski

RedCents
1,175¢
So, I have a very good idea for a way to make money (fiat and/or cryptos) in the crypto industry, which is completely unrelated to the ups and downs of the currencies. I'm looking for one or more programmers to bounce some ideas with and see what we can come up with. I'm definately not a programmer myself, so I have no idea about the amount of work required. It is a proven method in fiat and has nothing to do with trading, but we would be supplying the method for subscriptions and make our revenue from there.

I am looking for someone knowledgable in programming, and I figured RG could be a good way to start asking, any takers?

I'm obviously not going to throw the idea out wide open, and I would require at least some kind of RG reputation to share the ideas.

You have to give more information. What languages? What are you wanting the programmer to do? If it's just a subscription based website, you are better off just doing steemit or a patron account. That is if it's content driven.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

I am looking to have a dedicated software pull real time data and make certain calculations. I wouldn't mind at all telling you in a PM.

"What language?" is a question in greek for me. I have no clue what's good or not.

I did send you a PM just now, please feel free to fill in. That's why I asked here on RG anyways. :)

Last edited:
I have sent this to noob right now and will be anxious to hear what he has to say. I'm very willing to be more people on the project and I'm not the kind of person who actually bothers about money (I spend at least 80% of my income on charities and I live a very frugal life), if we can get my project to work I'll be more than happy to invite people to help out if need be because I have the highest respect for most people on RG and believe that you do for me too. I'll send you a PM once noob replies. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Dretski, I would be interested in hearing what you have in mind. Send me a PM.

You have a PM. :)

Talked with Dretski a bit, and he is looking to build a piece of software that does API calls, then sell said software to consumers. You would be building the core software and doing the API calls from several external websites. Thats a bit beyond my skill set, but we have a lot of talented folks in the RG community so if you are interested shoot Dreski a PM for more info.

Talked with Dretski a bit, and he is looking to build a piece of software that does API calls, then sell said software to consumers. You would be building the core software and doing the API calls from several external websites. Thats a bit beyond my skill set, but we have a lot of talented folks in the RG community so if you are interested shoot Dreski a PM for more info.

Sounds pretty reasonable. What language(s)? C/C++, C#, Java, PHP, Perl, Python, etc... Are they web APIs? (RPC over HTTP or similar) etc...?

Sounds pretty reasonable. What language(s)? C/C++, C#, Java, PHP, Perl, Python, etc... Are they web APIs? (RPC over HTTP or similar) etc...?

Probably, the base program in C or what your comfortable with, and then the calls are done via Web APIs straight HTTP public ones. Probably using python as I've interfaced to these types of APIs using it, but that again will be to your best judgment. Contact Dretski, I was just trying to help him out to point in the right direction. I'm sure jimbob has the skills to do the job if he has the time and you guys can work out an agreement. Just remember us little people when you guys blow up and kick me down a couple XRP, LTC, or BTC ;)

Probably, the base program in C or what your comfortable with, and then the calls are done via Web APIs straight HTTP public ones. Probably using python as I've interfaced to these types of APIs using it, but that again will be to your best judgment. Contact Dretski, I was just trying to help him out to point in the right direction. I'm sure jimbob has the skills to do the job if he has the time and you guys can work out an agreement. Just remember us little people when you guys blow up and kick me down a couple XRP, LTC, or BTC ;)

I always remember people, don't you worry. I could probably login to about half of the RG users' EQ accounts just from sheer memory after PL'ing, but I'm not the kind of person who does. :)

Edit; In fact I just had another idea based on this first one that would completely revolutionize the world in a certain industry. I feel like fucking Elon Musk but smarter right now.

Edit 2; Here's an idea I throw out for free to anyone who wants it, it's too much work and not in my interest sphere with the money required to make it go live. Make an MMO and have it use an exchange tradable currency for all in-game transactions. I believe people would love being able to trade a cool shield in EQ against an awesome 2-hander in WoW (just to state names of games right now, this would eventually apply to a new wave of MMOs all agreeing to use an interchangable currency) or just sell their cool rare for money with a secure token transfer that makes sure that both players recieve what they agreed on. This is however not related to the ideas above.

Last edited:
I have done this for Cex.io before in c#, which can also be translated to ASP websites. I got busy on other things so it fell by the wayside and the code got lost, I really should sit down and re-code again.

I always remember people, don't you worry. I could probably login to about half of the RG users' EQ accounts just from sheer memory after PL'ing, but I'm not the kind of person who does. :)

Edit; In fact I just had another idea based on this first one that would completely revolutionize the world in a certain industry. I feel like fucking Elon Musk but smarter right now.

Edit 2; Here's an idea I throw out for free to anyone who wants it, it's too much work and not in my interest sphere with the money required to make it go live. Make an MMO and have it use an exchange tradable currency for all in-game transactions. I believe people would love being able to trade a cool shield in EQ against an awesome 2-hander in WoW (just to state names of games right now, this would eventually apply to a new wave of MMOs all agreeing to use an interchangable currency) or just sell their cool rare for money with a secure token transfer that makes sure that both players recieve what they agreed on. This is however not related to the ideas above.

Doesn't that exist today with U.S. dollars? Oh wait ... RL isn't a MMO .... or is it ...

Doesn't that exist today with U.S. dollars? Oh wait ... RL isn't a MMO .... or is it ...

No, not really AFAIK. Project Entropia was the first one the ball, but they use a system where you have to buy in-game currency for dollars, which means you'll likely have to pay transactions fees to a bank or a card company, and then have to wait a few days (at best) once you want to cash out. Or you'll have to send tons of bloody papers to prove your identity with PayPal just to see them block you anyways once you recieve more than 3000 dollars within a year because you live in a strange legislation. With crypto currency support, all this would be instant and basically for free. With a smart token you could also have the possiblity of making secure common escrow trades apply to two different games, so I could literally sell my Blade of Carnage in EQ for a The Unstoppable Force in WoW for instance. I think we'll see a surge of games trying to adapt this kind of thinking in a few years, in both good and bad ways.

Most of these are just rest API calls... I've been dabbling with it.
In the middle of building out my VTC mining rigs.

Indeed, but it also takes extensive knowledge of the industry and statistical understanding to get what I want to do. It's the coding part I don't have myself. :)

Request - WANTED! API programmer, for a possibly very lucrative career in the crypto industry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back