• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Account to account transfer gone for while?! (1 Viewer)

This is the same company that made their most dedicated player base form a tribunal council committee thing to determine a raid rotation on an already dying server because they didn't want to pay people to enforce their own PNP. They will do whatever they can to lower CSR costs and ignore tickets.

with the bans/suspensions/now this i dont see how this company plans to keep making money, if it wasnt for this community most these people wouldnt even have a char to play because most wont put the time in to do it themselves after this many years.

And RMT is usually done by server to server transfers (if you're moving items around) on the same account, so not sure how this affects RMT.

And RMT is usually done by server to server transfers (if you're moving items around) on the same account, so not sure how this affects RMT.

I think they're thinking of it from an account selling standpoint. Sell you a char then you put it on an account in your name, ditching the account you purchased. Technically it makes it your char at that point. This change prevents that.

I've sold a good bit of accounts. Imo to me it doesn't matter, I'll keep playing a char on a diff account, but I've had plenty of PM's only wanting the characters if they are able to transfer it to their own.

I've sold 76 accounts on Agnarr alone, Im sorry but this is not changing anything. Its just another attempt at which they will fail.

All this did was increase sales for those who offer safe and reliable accounts.

#thxdbg

It says 2018. Thats like 3 weeks away lol. For all we know they are low on staff for the holidays to take care of them for the next month or so.

Same opinion as above, between the expansions and the holidays, their skeleton crew is probably even shorter staffed to deal with transfers.

It says 2018. Thats like 3 weeks away lol. For all we know they are low on staff for the holidays to take care of them for the next month or so.

That's a good point. I hope they get coal in their stockings.

Hope they put this back in soon, just before they froze this the Wife decided to play again and now her character is stuck on my account as I planned to move it if she stuck with it and leveled, bah.

How long has this been missing? I came back a couple of weeks ago, and it has been unavailable for all that time at least..

I really hope they bring the service back soon....

Well I noticed it about 15th December but from the date of the post looks like around the 8th it was first noticed.

Out of curiosity I tried my luck and it actually let me submit an account to account move request successfuly but I got an email later on saying it was currently suspended and if I purchased DBC specifically for it I could get a refund but *Only* if I paid with CC or Debit. Not Paypal.

I sent an inquiry as to when they might open up their service again last wednesday, approx one week in other words. I said I needed a transfer and asked when it would be back.

"XXXXXXXXX.
I hear you my friend. Unfortunately, the service is unavailable at the moment and we do not have any information in regards to its return. Our best suggestion at this time is to check on the web site for any updates. Thank you for your patience and understanding and have a nice evening.
Best regards,

XXXXXXXXX
Senior Technical Support
Daybreak Games"

Doesn't really say much, probably what to be expected from a long shot.

It is also possible they have been doing some changes to the character DB and how characters are stored / accessed and suspended all account transfers until it was completed.

Saw this today: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...unt-to-account-transfers.247294/#post-3631784

We are no longer able to support the old transfer process We are working on the tech needed to re-enable them, but are a ways out from this solution.

The previous statement from Daybreak was it would return next year (2018), which was toward end of December, so was thinking it was after holidays they would start back up.

Now I'm going to just assume a couple of different things that could be happening to Daybreak internally.

1) Daybreak no longer wants to offer it internally due to cost of hiring someone to do it manually each time

2) Their planning to merge live servers sometime this year, so maybe this is one way of avoiding character file mismatches when that happens?

3) Their planning on changing character file/data file structures sometime this year?

Seems like they are just stringing players along at this point, giving us players an optimistic answer, but not a solution/resolution to this issue. Doesn't seem that hard to be doing this manually since they were being done before for years, so what could have changed?

Unfortunately I still don't have an ETA to give at this time. We're likely still a couple of months away, but that is a very rough estimate which is subject to change.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...unt-to-account-transfers.247294/#post-3631703

We are no longer able to support the old transfer process We are working on the tech needed to re-enable them, but are a ways out from this solution.

I think they upgraded their "fraudulent account detection" tools and account transfers were causing false positives that they didn't have a solid way to work around.

News - Account to account transfer gone for while?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back