• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bans - Account suspension on FV (1 Viewer)

BillyBobJr

RedCents
445¢
Just wanted to give a heads-up to others using MQ2 on FV. I went AFK in FM for a couple hours and came back to an account suspension on 4 of my accounts. I'm pretty sure it was from a guy in the Knights of Infinity guild that reported me. His name is Badzerkerx and has various other bots of his own. I had been in the camp for a while and AFKed for a couple hours to take care of something. Came back and had 4 of my 5 accounts suspended. I ran the other account over there to find that he had setup camp very close my dead corpse. My fault for not using mq2posse, but just wanted to warn people on FM that there are jackasses using MQ2 that will report you just to steal a camp.

did you have the 2 step verification done? if not that could be it as well, lots of people are getting kicked and banned for it

Yes, I did in fact have 2 step verification setup (for all my accounts). The email I received indicated it was for "unattended gameplay" and was for 14 days.

I've never had any issues in the past with AFK play in other zones. I realized FM was a high traffic area and the inherent risk in going AFK for a couple hours, so not completely surprised it happened. Just shitty that it had to come from a fellow MQ2 user who just decided he wanted that camp.

I've never had any issues in the past with AFK play in other zones. I realized FM was a high traffic area and the inherent risk in going AFK for a couple hours, so not completely surprised it happened. Just shitty that it had to come from a fellow MQ2 user who just decided he wanted that camp.

Well don't forget just cause you saw him there doesn't mean he did it. I'm not defending him or anything - but I play on FV too and I know it doesnt take long for some camps to be taken over once they open up.. especially at this hour. He could have just taken the camp from you immediately after your characters were removed from the world.

I can say that about an hour maybe two hours before you made your thread I saw Badzerkerx in Lceanium. He was on /who I didn't see what he was doing in the zone though.

Yeah people are haters for sure, I got banned for Afk farming Quillmane on Phinigel, checked my logs and saw a tell from someone who reported me because I kept selling the cloaks lol

It seems they are going after AFK players hard core. :(

Apparently Daybreak changed their status from "laissez faire" Hong Kong to North Korea.

Well, to make this clear, I do think that eqmule and the game devs came to some sort of silent agreement? I'm never AFK while playing (I do my normal work at the computer too), but most of it is automated. I always have the EQ client up top on a second monitor to track it. Should I be afraid?

Well, to make this clear, I do think that eqmule and the game devs came to some sort of silent agreement? I'm never AFK while playing (I do my normal work at the computer too), but most of it is automated. I always have the EQ client up top on a second monitor to track it. Should I be afraid?

I've pondered this too since I arguably play the same way. I'm going to guess that no we shouldn't need to be afraid. I have audio triggers set up for Woebot, Dunbar, "afk automation" "are you there" "afk killing" and a few other things just incase I do actually get any tells from GMs.

I dont let anyone get near my group without me seeing them so I would know if someone reported me. I also generally evac every time I go AFK that way I am not always on the same spot on the map since I know anyone who runs around and reports bots uses MQ2 at least for the map hack.

Best thing to remember is if you think anyone reported you at all just switch spots or evac and go afk for a few hours. If a GM comes to check on you and you're not in the location you were reported to be at afk... well he's gonna assume you arent afk =P

I have managed to stay out of peoples' way for a couple of years, and I normally don't use camps where I've ever seen other people. I'm the most low-drama person on FV if I may say so myself, and I literally only play EQ to support street dogs these days! I've had people drop by my EoK camp about 4-5 times since the opening of EoK, and I invited one of them for a hunter achievement.

On the other hand, I'm RMT'ing, but I'm hoping that I could play it away with the thing I'm doing in case I need. Karma seems to go a long way, and I'd hope that DBG looks the other way if it eventually happens. My EQ playing has so far paid for a new roof at a dog shelter with over 70 dogs, and two very expensive leg operations for a beautiful little guy, not including the normal running costs affiliated with having 17 of the most special case street dogs in my house (and bed)..

24818856_10214919203602095_1865423772_o.jpg

"Are you there" won't save you. He does it in /say instead of a tell. From the time he zones in, you get 30 seconds to respond. Not, 30 seconds from when he says, "Are you there." Hell, it takes me 30 seconds, here at the keyboard, to find out where the tell came from! But it's not even a tell, it's a say!

There's a jerk on Povar named Moat, possible alts, Nammez, Darkok, Niceynice. He ran right up to me in a lowbie zone. I asked him why he was running back and forth in front of me. He said, "Too late." Even talked to me. The following morning, me and another guy he talked to were suspended for 14 days for 'unattended game play.' Assholes can lie and get away with it.

"Are you there" won't save you. He does it in /say instead of a tell. From the time he zones in, you get 30 seconds to respond. Not, 30 seconds from when he says, "Are you there." Hell, it takes me 30 seconds, here at the keyboard, to find out where the tell came from! But it's not even a tell, it's a say!

There's a jerk on Povar named Moat, possible alts, Nammez, Darkok, Niceynice. He ran right up to me in a lowbie zone. I asked him why he was running back and forth in front of me. He said, "Too late." Even talked to me. The following morning, me and another guy he talked to were suspended for 14 days for 'unattended game play.' Assholes can lie and get away with it.

seriously these fker got nothing better to do, and dbg is pos as well in this case.. (most of cases they are)

i think they are trying to sunset mq2ers slowly but surely, i know i just recieved a 15 day on a dead server so im not too inclined to pay for expacs now, ill afk till they ban me i reckon then ill go boating:)

In all honesty when MQ2 dies EQ will die. I don't know a single person IRL that EQs and does not use MQ2, and I have a lot of EQ friends. In my household we have purchased 11 copies of the new Xpac. How many box teams are keeping EQ afloat, I would love to know. I don't afk ever, it is not worth it to me. If I DID afk I would certainly set up and use MQs plugin that ports my group away when ppl get to close. It only makes sense!.

Bans - Account suspension on FV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back