• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Account Verification (1 Viewer)

TexasNinja33

RedCents
96¢
Why isn't it implemented that unless you are a VERIFIED user, you cannot even post a thread or even message people?

10 dollars to use the services on this site should be easy enough.

If this question has been answered previously, please just PM me the link.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but this is a forum about MQ2. The bazaar section is a useful appendage to the site, but not its purpose. I feel your pain if you've been scammed. The moderators try to deal with it the best they can. This isn't ebay though and even with their standards, I've had some bad experiences there a couple times.

I would suggest just dealing with verified buyers and sellers. You could also subscribe to level 2 and figure out who is legit. Currently, I see Monkeyman, VestialBears, and playj on the front page of the bazaar. I wouldn't trust them alone with my wife, but I would trust them to sell me the items they are selling.

Lastly, I hope that you would not want me banned from posting or sending private messages. I have bought krono on the bazaar and I am not verified. I have also had some private messages answered by Razkle that were just about the game in general. I hope you don't want to keep me from messaging.

I agree it would be good to have a bit more security for buyers and sellers here, especially with the holidays coming up I'm sure there will be a lot more scams. Best to report the posts that you identify as suspicious.

I feel like you shouldn't even be allowed to browse the bazaar section unless verified.
It is 10 dollars and takes a very short time to do it if you're honest about everything.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but this is a forum about MQ2. The bazaar section is a useful appendage to the site, but not its purpose. I feel your pain if you've been scammed. The moderators try to deal with it the best they can. This isn't ebay though and even with their standards, I've had some bad experiences there a couple times.

I would suggest just dealing with verified buyers and sellers. You could also subscribe to level 2 and figure out who is legit. Currently, I see Monkeyman, VestialBears, and playj on the front page of the bazaar. I wouldn't trust them alone with my wife, but I would trust them to sell me the items they are selling.

Lastly, I hope that you would not want me banned from posting or sending private messages. I have bought krono on the bazaar and I am not verified. I have also had some private messages answered by Razkle that were just about the game in general. I hope you don't want to keep me from messaging.

Awww, I'm a nice person. Let's share ? :hfive:

There are a few of us holding out that have built our own reputations and don't like the idea of paying extra to do what we're already doing.

And there are people like me watching others with 100 200 300+ feedback at 100% getting banned due to being dishonest business and we have no idea who these people are because they were never verified.

To have that level of risk still with someone 300 positive reviews or more is unacceptable.

Require verification for all bazaar members. Could even lower the price to 5 dollars, but require ID verification. If someone steals or misleads they shouldn't be banned from an unknown identity that holds accountability... the person themselves should be removed.

This is obviously not the norm. I'm certain you'll find that the vast majority of scammers are 0-2 feedback, and you have a choice in who you trade with.

Then explain why 3 or 4 huge traders just got banned? They weren't even verified for us to know who they are to prevent them from doing it again.
Doesn't matter what the "norm" is. It matters what is going to protect the playerbase better.

Having everyone REQUIRED to verify for a few dollars is much better than allowing people to not be.

Anyways, there is nothing logical that you or anyone else can say as to why we shouldn't require verification to use bazaar forums.

This post was started to get an answer from someone higher up on if there is a reason why it's not a requirement.

You sound like a fun person to talk to. Make sure you don't listen to anyone that disagrees with you.

I listened to you and all you said was "worked real hard to build a reputation without verification" or basically along those lines...
That isn't a logical argument and this thread wasn't intended to be a debate in the first place.
If you have someone no matter how good the feedback is...unverified...we don't know who that person is if there is ever a time they screw people over like what has been going on the last few months.
People are getting banned but can just make a new account like it never happened and "work hard to build up reputation without verification" again.

Thinking this thread should be closed since it should probably now should be taken to private tells it looks like.

I appreciate you adding to the conversation.
Great substance you provided.

- - - Updated - - -

Your criteria is that you want everyone in the Bazaar forum to be verified. Why would you deal with anyone who is not?

When you see someone with 100+ feedback and 100% positive it gives you the sense of security that they are trustworthy and worth doing business with.
My thought is that they should be required to be verified so that if they decide to go rogue and sell off a bunch of accounts or pixels before they get caught and banned they should be punished for it. Not simply just change their name and start the scheme over again.

When you see someone with 100+ feedback and 100% positive it gives you the sense of security that they are trustworthy and worth doing business with.
My thought is that they should be required to be verified so that if they decide to go rogue and sell off a bunch of accounts or pixels before they get caught and banned they should be punished for it. Not simply just change their name and start the scheme over again.

While I can appreciate this, there are those, like myself, who dont want to put their personal information out there. In this day and age of identity theft we live in, well, it took me quite awhile to get verified. I really didnt want strangers knowing who I am, who my friends are (facebook verification part), my drivers license number etc.,

If you dont want to do business here with someone that isnt verified, then dont. Dont try to force me to get verified, or buy health insurance, thats my decision not yours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b2bUZ3eeRE

While I can appreciate this, there are those, like myself, who dont want to put their personal information out there. In this day and age of identity theft we live in, well, it took me quite awhile to get verified. I really didnt want strangers knowing who I am, who my friends are (facebook verification part), my drivers license number etc.,

If you dont want to do business here with someone that isnt verified, then dont. Dont try to force me to get verified, or buy health insurance, thats my decision not yours.

If Redbot is a stranger, then I'm Phil Collins https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc3MnoSS5Hw

Lol. It's not forcing you to do anything.
It would be youy choosing not to use a service because you don't want to verify.
It's a recommendation that should be a requirement.
I am still looking for someone like an admin or moderator that can give me insight as to why it isn't required.

Because noone else seems to want it to be a requirement. I don't mind verifying myself, and I also did, but I would have probably 1/5th of my customers if even that. if everyone had to verify themselves for a simple 10 hour power levelling session. I generally don't buy or sell stuff, I just do power levelling here and the money isn't especially big. Trying to put me and my clients in the same wagon as people selling billions of plat or raid loot doesn't work.

The solution is simple, you don't have to deal with people who are not verified if you don't want to. On the other hand, if you're looking for a PL on Firiona Vie, I'm here and I'm verified. ;)

Your criteria is that you want everyone in the Bazaar forum to be verified. Why would you deal with anyone who is not?

Because noone else seems to want it to be a requirement. I don't mind verifying myself, and I also did, but I would have probably 1/5th of my customers if even that. if everyone had to verify themselves for a simple 10 hour power levelling session. I generally don't buy or sell stuff, I just do power levelling here and the money isn't especially big. Trying to put me and my clients in the same wagon as people selling billions of plat or raid loot doesn't work.

The solution is simple, you don't have to deal with people who are not verified if you don't want to. On the other hand, if you're looking for a PL on Firiona Vie, I'm here and I'm verified. ;)

QFT.

To the OP, you sound like you are disgruntled about someone not being verified and maybe got scammed recently? I got scammed once on this website and I wondered the same thing how someone with 25+ feedback was able to scam me. I unfortunately didn't pay attention the little bronze and silver coins and didn't even know what those things were till Redbot pointed them out to me. In the future, I would check to make sure they are atleast silver coin access (Level 2) before buying from anyone and that they have a 25+ feedback rating along with that, as well as, checking their post count and see if their putting any meaningful information in their posts, dates of their posts , how long they've been a member etc. Then if you still have doubt about the person after checking those things off, then contact a mod on the website and get their ip address and see if they've created multiple accounts etc (I've done this in the past and Redbot has been able to check for me). You do all those things, you are "less" likely to get scammed. In noway does that prevent from you from not being scammed still, but it sure lowers the risk.

P.S. - I have zero verification done on this website, but my opinion is that bazaar should be Level 2 access (which I understand alot would be against), so just be smarter about who you deal with using the criteria I just stated above.

QFT.

To the OP, you sound like you are disgruntled about someone not being verified and maybe got scammed recently? I got scammed once on this website and I wondered the same thing how someone with 25+ feedback was able to scam me. I unfortunately didn't pay attention the little bronze and silver coins and didn't even know what those things were till Redbot pointed them out to me. In the future, I would check to make sure they are atleast silver coin access (Level 2) before buying from anyone and that they have a 25+ feedback rating along with that, as well as, checking their post count and see if their putting any meaningful information in their posts, dates of their posts , how long they've been a member etc. Then if you still have doubt about the person after checking those things off, then contact a mod on the website and get their ip address and see if they've created multiple accounts etc (I've done this in the past and Redbot has been able to check for me). You do all those things, you are "less" likely to get scammed. In noway does that prevent from you from not being scammed still, but it sure lowers the risk.

P.S. - I have zero verification done on this website, but my opinion is that bazaar should be Level 2 access (which I understand alot would be against), so just be smarter about who you deal with using the criteria I just stated above.

I've never been scammed here. Not disgruntled either.
I have done business with several people that are banned now, so perhaps a close call?

My point in this thread is to push for better awareness and security for those who purfchase and those who sell.

I'm in the process of spinning the Bazaar off onto its own site. One benefit will be stricter registration, something that we couldn't do here.

There will also be a verified-only section, for those of you who don't want to deal with anonymous traders.

Some big upgrades to redguides are in the works as well, including a documentation revamp. Exciting times!

Last edited:
I'm in the process of spinning the Bazaar off onto its own site. One benefit will be stricter registration, something that we couldn't do here.

There will also be a verified-only section, for those of you who don't want to deal with anonymous traders.

Some big upgrades to redguides are in the works as well, including a documentation revamp. Exciting times!

Thanks for the input Redbot.
I am excited for what's in store for the future.

Will those that are already verified and in good standings here be able to carry over, or would it be a whole new verification process?

Thanks for the input Redbot.
I am excited for what's in store for the future.

Will those that are already verified and in good standings here be able to carry over, or would it be a whole new verification process?

verification process here is pretty solid, we've only had one scammer who was a verified user. I see no reason to lose the badges.

I wish I knew this was the right choice, the poll was nearly 50/50, but ultimately I think it's best for the community to move RMT off Redguides. It was a good way to bring people here (basically free advertising) but Daybreak clearly isn't happy with it judging from the RMT bans that focus on Redguides rather than playerauctions. In addition, the ban messages from RMT get confused with MQ2, which already has a reputation issue it doesn't deserve.

maskoi, ctaylor22, eqmule, myself, none of us really do RMT. I admit to buying Krono sometimes, and I sold a few items (bye bye mask of tinkering), but for the most part RMT simply doesn't interest the core staff or anyone who makes this site work. We want to focus on making tools that make EQ fun.

I also don't think it's fair to delete the bazaar and waste your $10, hence the new site. We have mods and users of the bazaar who I hope to make admins at the bazaar site (though i've yet to even ask them), as this side of the community is more interesting to them.

Last edited:
verification process here is pretty solid, we've only had one scammer who was a verified user. I see no reason to lose the badges.

I wish I knew this was the right choice, the poll was nearly 50/50, but ultimately I think it's best for the community to move RMT off Redguides. It was a good way to bring people here (basically free advertising) but Daybreak clearly isn't happy with it judging from the RMT bans that focus on Redguides rather than playerauctions. In addition, the ban messages from RMT get confused with MQ2, which already has a reputation issue it doesn't deserve.

maskoi, ctaylor22, eqmule, myself, none of us really do RMT. I admit to buying Krono sometimes, and I sold a few items (bye bye mask of tinkering), but for the most part RMT simply doesn't interest the core staff or anyone who makes this site work. We want to focus on making tools that make EQ fun.

I also don't think it's fair to delete the bazaar and waste your $10, hence the new site. We have mods and users of the bazaar who I hope to make admins at the bazaar site (though i've yet to even ask them), as this side of the community is more interesting to them.

I feel like as long as your feedback carries over, username, etc, and there are good redirects to the site I see no reason why it would not be just as busy as the bazaar we have currently. A lot of us don't even use MQ2 anymore, the ones playing on Truebox servers at least. I think it's a good idea to seperate it a bit, really looking forward to it, however a bit nervous as it's been fairly routine around here for a while now. Will be interested to find out more!

This reply makes me nervous Redbot!

Is there a possibility we have seen the last of "the bazaar" in any aspect related to redguides? Even if it's on another site, if the interest from those current mods you trust aren't interested in admin, does the whole plan fall through, bazaar ended all together, or do you have in mind a way to make it work where it doesn't double the work load on the "current administration"???

I personally feel like it is, as you said, free advertising for MQ2 and with it gone traffic for this site would (my prediction) lose too much traffic.
Is there enough traffic in other forums for if RMT was deleted today that MQ2 would survive?

I feel like the site was designed to offer services to the player base. The bazaar as well. The bazaar has since become a headache for the admins because frankly all people do is complain. In my opinion it has turned from a safe place to sell stuff, if you use common sense and deal with certain people, to a forum that the admins have to babysit each and every sale because IN MY OPNION* people are too stupid to use common sense these days.. As much as I dislike the decision to seperate the bazaar, I really don't blame them.

My 2cents.

- - - Updated - - -

That being said, Im pretty sure redbot and the others are creative and intelligent enough to have enough traffic maintained through redguides.
People need to stop expecting so much.
Based on what I see, a majority of "sales' are on agnarr, where mq2 isn't even useable. So if the income is through mq2 itself and subscriptions (to my understanding, im sure there is more to it)....1+1 = Headache

No disrespect to the OP, but simply do business with verified members only if it is an issue for you mate. Problem solved.
If you are upset to see the amount of scams that go on and people get burnt, frankly I am to. All we can do is warn people to use their best judgement, deal with verified people, and if they choose not to, as much as it sucks, it's their own fault.

What they currently do and have done is already a blessing in disguise.

I feel like the site was designed to offer services to the player base. The bazaar as well. The bazaar has since become a headache for the admins because frankly all people do is complain. In my opinion it has turned from a safe place to sell stuff, if you use common sense and deal with certain people, to a forum that the admins have to babysit each and every sale because IN MY OPNION* people are too stupid to use common sense these days.. As much as I dislike the decision to seperate the bazaar, I really don't blame them.

My 2cents.

- - - Updated - - -

That being said, Im pretty sure redbot and the others are creative and intelligent enough to have enough traffic maintained through redguides.
People need to stop expecting so much.
Based on what I see, a majority of "sales' are on agnarr, where mq2 isn't even useable. So if the income is through mq2 itself and subscriptions (to my understanding, im sure there is more to it)....1+1 = Headache

No disrespect to the OP, but simply do business with verified members only if it is an issue for you mate. Problem solved.
If you are upset to see the amount of scams that go on and people get burnt, frankly I am to. All we can do is warn people to use their best judgement, deal with verified people, and if they choose not to, as much as it sucks, it's their own fault.

What they currently do and have done is already a blessing in disguise.

About 95% of everything you say is disrespectful lol. It goes with who you are. No big deal.

I am only requesting more requirement for using the bazaar in general.
Heck, if it's too much for redbot then I would gladly apply for that position. Having multiple verififiable credentials it is no risk on redbots side.

I just want people who use the bazaar to be verified for multiple reasons.
Security and economically.

I'm not here to insult people, I'm here to make money.

I enjoy making money a lot more when I have customers to supply to.
I'm sorry if this offends you, but when these careless sellers pop up and get them selves banned, they get anyone whose done transactions with them banned to half the time.

Feel free to go do business with them ,,!,,

With all do respect, please show me something constructive you've had to add to this thread.

Cheers,

Question - Account Verification

Users who are viewing this thread

Back