• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - AFK Killing on Live Server Static Zones (1 Viewer)

alacalle

RedCents
81¢
I have been a MQ2 user for over 10 years and have always been careful about how I used it
to run by group. I typically run my tank manually and have MQ2 handle the other toons. If I
decided to AFK kill I only do it in instanced zones.

Recently is seems that AFK groups are poping up a lot more frequently in static EOK zones like
Frontier Mountains. I see the same toons in the same spots for days/weeks probably farming
rares. If I am correct AFK killing is prohibited by the EQ EULA.

I think these AFK groups give MQ2 a bad name. Since DBG is not doing anything about it,
non-MQ2 users are taking matters into their own hands and wiping these groups.

What are your opinions about these AFK groups ? How do the developers feel about this ?

I train them myself. im on a TLP and there is a certain guy who loves to afk like crazy in PoValor. ive watched him do it several times, ive sent him tells on every toon, stood next to his camp and his bots just run non stop he doesnt even run any type of afk tools. When i see him i will drop half the zone on him and wipe him intentionally. I love MQ, wont play without, and wont let blatant stupidity ruin it for myself or others.
That being said, i dont train them instantly, i make sure its a real honest afk group and a repeat offender, and not someone who had to use the bathroom or just went afk a bit to let their dogs out. I will note the names and zone and then check several times with tells and physically watching before i wipe them.

I agree with all the aforementioned statements. I accept a good ass wiping occasionally. Please note the wipe was either because I, the wipe'ee, am an ass or the person that implemented said wipe, the wiper, did so with a dark heart and maniacal grin thus making them the ass. Now with that said............... how 'bout we educate those we deride.

I challenge each post'er and even each reader with strong feelings on this topic to document and post how you have your afk tools set to keep from offending the "Player Puritan" that looks down there digital nose at anyone so base as to not play the game exactly as they do.

Rich (BB code):
[AFKTools]
AFKHelp=AFKGMAction=0 Off, 1 Pause Macro, 2 End Macro, 3 Unload MQ2, 4 Quit Game
AFKToolsOn=1
AFKGMAction=1
AFKPCRadius=422
CampOnDeath=0
ClickBacktoCamp=0

I use Kissassist and set the AFKTools as seen. Kinda basic but I am ok with it.

As always,
Playbetter...safer

note*** that is like the third time I got to use aforementioned in a post. It made me smile.

training reporting any action to people afking is you all being hypocrites. MQ2 is MQ2 you're cheating they're cheating to think you're above them when both are using the same cheats/hacks is retarded.

Can't stand mq2 users who report other mq2 users. Its like selling drugs and snitching on other drug dealers.

training reporting any action to people afking is you all being hypocrites. MQ2 is MQ2 you're cheating they're cheating to think you're above them when both are using the same cheats/hacks is retarded.

Can't stand mq2 users who report other mq2 users. Its like selling drugs and snitching on other drug dealers.
I think they are just a different "Player Puritan" It is odd that the EULA followers think automaters are ruining the game and some who automate think AFK'ers are ruining the game. And some AFK'ers do not give a flying fiddle fart what they think.

I like me ok but if everyone were like me I wpuld be bored.

Me I just play cause it is fun and leave everyone else alone so they can have fun their way.

And drug dealers snitch each other out all the time... revenge or just increasing the bottom line profit.

Try to be happy,
Playbetter

Me personally, I dont use afktools cause I always drive my main so I'm never afk. Dont care about other groups that afk, but if theres an afk group at a camp that has something I want....I just setup shop and start pulling, dont see what peoples issue is, its not hard to outplay an afk group and if they truly are afk are they really missing anything? When I get what I want I leave and their farming resumes, is this wrong? not that I give 2 shits honestly....dbg says no such things as camps and dps is king. I do not do this to live groups though, I just wait my turn and do other stuff

...EOK zones...

from what I saw a few months ago, this is playing with fire.

many users were getting reported and suspended/banned for AFK'ing in EoK with very little (or zero) warning/gm interaction. It seems to have died down lately with the recent ban ripple of bought and sold accounts and DBG may be more interested in the next expansion than more cleanup but afk'ing in the current expansion is just asking for trouble, afktools or not. I expect this will resurface immediately following RoS launch.

Using mq2 while attending is NOT cheating. We have been over this a million times now and I'm sick of having to step in and say so. BUT catch me afk and I will accept a wipe or a report. (Will never happen since I drive my sk manually)

to Clarify its not that i have an issue with afk per say as much as i have a issue with blatantly using mq and afking. When the exact same group is in the exact same spot, in the exact same zone 3 days straight, thats just stupid to me. I am not going to report it, i dont want big brother paying any more attn to this subject. what i will do is make that persons life as frustrating as possible so that they either stop being so damn blatantly stupid, or move to a place that is not likely to draw so much attention.

Set up afk tools, Log them out once a day for a couple hours, , rotate the afk spot/zone. DO something that doesn't 125% scream im cheating in your face and i dont care. Its these people that infuriate the moronic masses that create that hang all mq user movements. Thats what i dont want.

to Clarify its not that i have an issue with afk per say as much as i have a issue with blatantly using mq and afking. When the exact same group is in the exact same spot, in the exact same zone 3 days straight, thats just stupid to me. I am not going to report it, i dont want big brother paying any more attn to this subject. what i will do is make that persons life as frustrating as possible so that they either stop being so damn blatantly stupid, or move to a place that is not likely to draw so much attention.

Set up afk tools, Log them out once a day for a couple hours, , rotate the afk spot/zone. DO something that doesn't 125% scream im cheating in your face and i dont care. Its these people that infuriate the moronic masses that create that hang all mq user movements. Thats what i dont want.

Lol I?m assuming you?re on lockjaw? If so I know exactly who you?re talking about. West wall on upper level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question - AFK Killing on Live Server Static Zones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back