• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Channels (1 Viewer)

Yorkshire

RedCents
20¢
Hello all
I have recently got my act together & set up a 6 box using very vanilla & have a question regarding channels:

1. I have created a cast channel for the 3 silk characters, mage wiz & enc.
I have sent the /Bccmd channel cast via all 3 UI`s & have the message all 3 characters are in the cast channel on the EQmbc window
When i use my stand hot key /bct cast //stand or any /command i get the message in the mq2 window #cast: No such name.

Would anyone be able to help as im struggling to resolve this via the website.

Many thanks in advance.
Yorkshire

Hi there, ty for the reply,
I have changed the channel name & have the same issue.
Now its possible i dont understand how all this meshes together, would you be kind enough to point me in the right direction of what im supposed to do to enable channels once i started up mq2 & all characters are logged in.

you are just echoing in the channel try:
Rich (BB code):
/bct commands //bct chatchan whatyouwantthemtodo
so in that you are sending commands to channel, your previous was just sending a bctell to cast

also this might be helpful

Hi ty again for helping a new user of vanilla.
I had given up with channels, but as i progress, it would simplify my hot keys if i could get channels to run as intended
I still have the original error "No such name"
nor sure what im missing here

well you need to make sure the channel is up and working. Try this from an EQ command line

/bccmd channels silk
/bct silk //echo Yo!

you should see Yo! in the MQ2 Window.

you have to make sure all your toons you want to receive command on the silk channel does the Following:

/bccmd channels silk

then when you use the /bct silk //somecommand

every toon in the silk channel will get the message.

I had a lot of issues with channels and getting the commands to work right for me also....but now I use like 15 different channels, as a suggestion try this
In your MQ2 > Release folder open your MQ2EQBC.ini with a text editor and add line like below

Rich (BB code):
[CharacterName]
Channels=silk

Obviously change CharacterName to the name of your toon and the channel to the channel name you'd like :) , in game type /bccmd reconnect and it should show you a list of the channels you are in...hopefully that channel is now listed! If it is try your command....if not sorry was worth a shot, its what I ended up doing!

Howdy again.
As to the above :
all 3 silk characters are in the silk channel. I still have the no such name message pop up when i try to use the /bct silk //sit, for an example.
Am i missing something silly here, Just to clarify, is there a tick box required on the vanilla plugin list i have to enable b4 this will work?

Ty for your patience
Yorkshire

Howdy again.
As to the above :
all 3 silk characters are in the silk channel. I still have the no such name message pop up when i try to use the /bct silk //sit, for an example.
Am i missing something silly here, Just to clarify, is there a tick box required on the vanilla plugin list i have to enable b4 this will work?

Ty for your patience
Yorkshire

you just need to make sure you are getting the most recent version of mq2eqbcs and mq2eqbc

Question - Channels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back