• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Ring of Scale Live Stream, Pre-Order, and Beta start today Oct 25, 2017 (1 Viewer)

Darkmax

RedCents
1,239¢
Ring of Scale Expansion Stream - Weds, Oct 25 at 10AM PT 10-18-2017

Hail Norrathians! Everquest: Ring of Scale news is fast approaching!

Join the EverQuest team on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 10AM PT* for a Ring of Scale expansion livestream on Facebook Live!

Also, pre-order EverQuest: Ring of Scale October 25, 2017! Pre-ordering the expansion will give you access to the Ring of Scale beta, which is also slated to begin on October 25, 2017!

https://www.everquest.com/expansion-content

Ring of Scale EXPANSION Features

• Adventure to Level 110 - An increased level cap giving you 5 more levels to power through.
  • 6 Expansion Zones - You'll explore far and wide, as you head back into Kunark's vast landscapes.
  • New Raids, Quests, and Missions
  • New Spells, Combat Abilities, and AAs
  • New Collections

6 zones.....one of which is a raid zone. So only 5 zones for group players lol.

I mean they will still take ~$200 off of me but what a fucking joke. And don't be blind when they say new spells, CA, and AA's, they mean rehashed copy/paste with 3-10% bump in power of existing ones.

And where is the expansion feature? We've had keyrings, housing etc, offline trader mode, etc but no expansion feature this time ?

Last edited:
They said during their little talk there WILL be chase loot - probably, almost definately, we're pretty sure, they think. :dance:

**The Ring of Scale expansion for EverQuest is scheduled for release on December 12, 2017. In the event of delay, you will receive the Ring of Scale expansion and items no later than January 31, 2018.

Interesting here's a date, which we might not make, but for sure here's another date!

http://www.raidloot.com/Search.aspx?text=random+drops+in+tbm

certainly fewer but there seemed to have been a couple

Those aren't really chase items, since they were worse then tier2 TBM group gear you could make via augments. Chase items I think what people are asking about, are understood as - raid HEM value gear obtained from group content. The TBM random drops are worse than tier 2 TBM augmented.

From the stream they seem to want to make chase items going forward on future expansions though, probably because they finally realized they can sell far more Krono this way, effecting their bottom line. Only took them 5 years to realize that =P

Last edited:
Any word on if TDS progression is still needed? Just changed a lot of my toons around to different classes and I'd have to do TDS progression 3 completely separate times to get them all flagged. Not really that difficult, but it's time consuming.

Any word on if TDS progression is still needed? Just changed a lot of my toons around to different classes and I'd have to do TDS progression 3 completely separate times to get them all flagged. Not really that difficult, but it's time consuming.

I think they stopped "cutting off progression" requirements after a certain point.

I see that they did it for HoT but VoA still has some zones (windsong sanctuary) which I think (90% sure?) it's locked behind progression. Seeing as how that zone is still locked I think TDS will remain locked too.

Been to Windsong Sanctuary, have done zero VoA progression.

That expansion (VoA) should be unlocked by the server by now, if it isn't someone needs to tell developers their script to unlock zones is not working. TDS zones should unlock at some point after this expansion release, last I remember someone had said February 2018.

Hrm... five damn zones for people to play in? Freakin A yikes.... that's shit.

You mean the the are releasing part 2 of last years expansion? In the live stream he even admits the zones were created 1.5 years ago. So SOE expected to deliver EOK with these zones in that expansion IMO... then new management comes in and goes OH! we can cut cost by taking current expansion and dividing it into two and lay off half the team....

Now you get .5 expansions a year and 1 expansion for twice the price!

Great Deal!

You mean the the are releasing part 2 of last years expansion? In the live stream he even admits the zones were created 1.5 years ago. So SOE expected to deliver EOK with these zones in that expansion IMO... then new management comes in and goes OH! we can cut cost by taking current expansion and dividing it into two and lay off half the team....

Now you get .5 expansions a year and 1 expansion for twice the price!

Great Deal!

Whats funny is when the idiots on the forums compare the price to that of a movie or night out of town. Which is not an apple to apples comparision. If you look at other mmorpg's currently (which is an apples to apples comparison), you get more frequent DLC's as well as "new" content every quarter/season (not the same old lets run the Anniversay , Hardcore Heritage, Living Legacy, and holiday scripts each year) which they advertise as putting out new content all year long. You can look at ESO, GW2, Rift, they do quarterly content updates and that doesn't even include their DLC/expansions.

Been to Windsong Sanctuary, have done zero VoA progression.

It didn't let me in during TBM. There's so little information online about getting there and what's required to get in, I went to the area in the center of Pillars and got a message blocking my entry.

If they actually unlock TDS zones that would be great, I hate that flagging.

Whats funny is when the idiots on the forums compare the price to that of a movie or night out of town. Which is not an apple to apples comparision. If you look at other mmorpg's currently (which is an apples to apples comparison), you get more frequent DLC's as well as "new" content every quarter/season (not the same old lets run the Anniversay , Hardcore Heritage, Living Legacy, and holiday scripts each year) which they advertise as putting out new content all year long. You can look at ESO, GW2, Rift, they do quarterly content updates and that doesn't even include their DLC/expansions.

yeah other MMOs, take wow for example, continue to release new content for existing expansions.

I'm pretty disappointed with the 5 or 6 zones, and the "lulz this stuff has been done for years" sentiment. they have to realize that sounds pretty crappy to their customers.

almost certainly only RoS owners will get level cap increase.

when TDS/TBM was out f2p was still limited to 100 iirc.

Is RoS T1 gear prestige? Becasue if it's a continuation I would think it would be, at which point ... fuck DBG.

using EoK T2 gear for RoS T1 gear is absolutely stupid. I've left so many EoK T2 pieces because not all toons are gold and new xpac due. So the idea is I will be using gear 5 levels below from T1 of the xpac from those 5 levels below in the new xpac unless I want to gold them?

Does this mean they are treating RoS T1 more like Eok T3?

More and more RoS sounds like what was supposed to come out as EoK T3 and T4 and EoK was supposed to be 110, but didn't finish.

Hopefully this is just pre-optimized beta stuff and not something going to live.

News - Ring of Scale Live Stream, Pre-Order, and Beta start today Oct 25, 2017

Users who are viewing this thread

Back