• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - AA Consolidation - do I have to resub? (1 Viewer)

BillyBobJr

RedCents
445¢
So after yesterday's patch, I was forced to rebuy a ton of AA's on my wizard who is currently FTP. I was able to rebuy AAs for the "Quick Damage" AA and "Companion" up to level 85, but no further; Quick Damage is 6/9 and Summon Companion is 1/4. These are the only two AA's that I can't max out after the changes. Is this some sort of cash-grab on Daybreak's part, forcing me to resub just to max out those AAs? I'm not understanding why it was only those 2 AA's there were affected and I could max out all others.

yeah, it's a poorly designed process.

they refunded a bunch of AA and then only let you spend till you have < 3 * level (315) banked. If after the abilities list is sorted some classes basically had to re-spend most if not all of those refunded points. Some ended up regaining all the abilities but having leftover points.

so if you had 0 aa banked, they may have effectively ganked up to 315 aa points from you and be preventing you from re-training what you already had.

Interesting. I have 309 left to spend here on my wizard who is FTP, but I was able to spend down to 215 or so on all my gold accounts.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah, it's a poorly designed process.

they refunded a bunch of AA and then only let you spend till you have < 3 * level (315) banked. If after the abilities list is sorted some classes basically had to re-spend most if not all of those refunded points. Some ended up regaining all the abilities but having leftover points.

so if you had 0 aa banked, they may have effectively ganked up to 315 aa points from you and be preventing you from re-training what you already had.

But if I have 309 points left, why can't I train those 2 listed AAs further? Are you saying that I will have to wait for the next expansion and a level increase to actually be able to get back AA's that I already had before the consolidation?

yup,

f2p & silver can spend down to 3*level but then the "you are over the aa cap for your account type" limit kicks in and stops you from spending more.

If you maxed out your aa and then had 0 banked when you went back to f2p before the patch they just effectively ganked 300 aa points from you until you re-sub.

Well, that's just a poorly veiled cash grab on their part and pretty pathetic. I'm not sure I understand your second sentence and how the number of banked AA prior to the patch would factor in. I had the max AA banked before the patch (210 or whatever it comes to be) by the way.

so they only ganked 100 aa (ish) from you.

hypothetical

you have 200 banked, they refund 400, you start immediately after login with 600 to spend but you can only really spend 300. you lose out on 100 ish

or

you have 0 banked, they refund 400, you start with 400 to spend but get stopped after spending 100. you lose out on 300 aa that you had before.

Question - AA Consolidation - do I have to resub?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back