• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - How can i determine the combat status of a group or raid maintank or main assist (1 Viewer)

mxdog

RedCents
50¢
I messed with this all night and I can not seem to find a way to do this.

downshit2=/if (!${Me.CombatState.Equal[Combat]} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Sitting} && !${Stick.Active} && ${Me.PctEndurance}<90) /sit

Simple enough right ? The problem I'm having is when I send a attack command to this toon ( after the tank is engaged ) about half the time he will just sit right back down. So i wanted to put an and in there to make sure the tank/assist is not in combat but I could not find a way to do that .. there doesn't seem to be a type for MainAssist or MainTank combat status. The closest I found was spawn.playerstate but none of those masks seem to hit the nail. And Group.MainAssist just doesn't have a member to do that like Me.CombatState does.

I know it can be done (the combat status of a character) I am just not seeing how. Even if it was just getting the status of the mob the tank/assist is attacking would help ..but not my first choice.

There are a few things i could do with that especially in raids so this isn't the only example I'm looking for this for. Plus using group or raid assist is generic enough where i don't have to plug in names.

there is a nearest spawn check you could do, were the group or raid mainassist is the target your looking for and then a check to see if they are in range of you and hit the assist %.

- - - Updated - - -

ctaylor had a response on another post similiar to that

well, one way you can try is (just tossing stuff out there)

Rich (BB code):
!${Me.GroupAssistTarget.ID}

You could just check if your MA doesn't have a target.

Rich (BB code):
${Spawn[ID ${Me.GroupAssistTarget.ID}].PctHPs}<98

You could check HP percentage

Rich (BB code):
.SecondaryPctAggroPlayer

Haven't played with that one a lot but it has some possibilities. Actually I use it on my tanks to give taunt and other aggro building stuff more intelligence in using abilities rather then mindlessly plunking away every time they become available, but that is with TLO Target. Might be able to do something with that using TLO Spawn.

Rich (BB code):
.SecondaryPctAggroPlayer

Where is a reference for this one ...I don't find it in the manual or the wiki ?

And I am assuming since I cannot be the first to ask this that EQ just doesn't have a tag/label of any sort that shows a fellow players combat status because that just seems like such a basic thing.

Thanks for the ideas I'll try get something worked around it.

http://www.redguides.com/wiki/DataType:character

hm, seems I changed it to the secondary aggro percentage, sorry. Been a while since I set that up, and I tried a number of different set ups.

Rich (BB code):
holyshit0=/if ((${Me.TargetOfTarget.ID}!=${Me.ID} || ${Me.SecondaryPctAggro}>80) && ${Group.MainTank.ID}==${Me.ID} && ${Target.Distance}<50) ${If[${Me.AbilityReady[Taunt]},/doability taunt,${If[${Me.CombatAbilityReady[${Spell[Unflinching Acrimony].RankName}]},/disc ${Spell[Unflinching Acrimony].RankName},${If[${Me.AltAbilityReady[Hate's Attraction]},/casting "Hate's Attraction" ALT,${If[${Me.AltAbilityReady[Mindless Hatred]},/alt activate 732,${If[${Me.AltAbilityReady[Ageless Enmity]},/casting "Ageless Enmity" ALT,${If[${Me.AltAbilityReady[Veil of Darkness]},/casting "Veil of Darkness" ALT,/echo OUT OF AGGRO STUFF!!]}]}]}]}]}]}

I got tired of basically my tanks burning all their aggro keeping stuff, and then having nothing when the caster started chain crit'ing the big whammies. That and , instead of 30 holies, I wanted to see if I could consolidate them down some.

Question - How can i determine the combat status of a group or raid maintank or main assist

Users who are viewing this thread

Back