• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Custom EQ chat window possible? (1 Viewer)

wisperin

RedCents
242¢
I read that the only required default UI piece for the mq2 window is to have the default EQ chat window loaded. I'm curious what the mq2 window uses in the EQUI_ChatWindow.xml that makes it so you cannot use a custom one? I cannot find any other info about this in the forum and was wondering if anyone had an answer. I have been trying to use a different UI that also requires it's own EQUI_ChatWindow.xml and I have gotten the mq2 window loaded and I can type a command in it but it will not allow me to hit enter to execute the command. Any ideas? Thanks

i have used custom homemade chatwindows before with no problem, depends entirely on how they constructed the window, some people try and cover the input line with the output textarea and i dont think it likes that so much.

I read that the only required default UI piece for the mq2 window is to have the default EQ chat window loaded. I'm curious what the mq2 window uses in the EQUI_ChatWindow.xml that makes it so you cannot use a custom one? I cannot find any other info about this in the forum and was wondering if anyone had an answer. I have been trying to use a different UI that also requires it's own EQUI_ChatWindow.xml and I have gotten the mq2 window loaded and I can type a command in it but it will not allow me to hit enter to execute the command. Any ideas? Thanks

I use Zliz ui without any issues that I've noticed

i have used custom homemade chatwindows before with no problem, depends entirely on how they constructed the window, some people try and cover the input line with the output textarea and i dont think it likes that so much.

Yup, that was it. The chat window was trying to use a hovering alpha layer input line. As soon as i changed it to a normal input line it worked like a charm. Thanks for the advice! :)

Question - Custom EQ chat window possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back