• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Two three-box compositions - Which is better? (1 Viewer)

cingred

RedCents
322¢
I'm currently three-boxing an SK, Enchanter, and Wizard, with a tank merc, and 2 caster or melee mercs (casters seem to kill noticeably quicker). I started with nothing, on a new server, and they are now lvl 56.

My original trio idea was to go SK, Enchanter, and Druid. I'm thinking of doing that again. I'm missing cures (for annoying GoD mobs poison/disease counter procs), SoW, and cold/fire debuffs for my mercs and nukes. I stick with Magic-based nukes on my wizard since that's the only thing I can significantly debuff for now (with my Enchanter).

I'm told the Wizard is going to add much more DPS later on, but I'm wondering just how much more. With the Wizard, I'll lose a caster merc, and replace that with a cleric merc (zero dps). If I go Druid, I gain the Black Wolf Druid buffs, for my whole squad basically, and I pick up an extra caster merc (I'm assuming the Druid can cover main heals 99% of the time). I also gain great ATK debuffs with the druid, and legit tracking (in case I ever stop MQ'ng).

TL;DR

What are some pros/cons between these two setups:

SK, Enchanter, Wizard - +Healer Merc, +2 Caster Mercs

OR

SK, Enchanter, Druid - +3 Caster Mercs

I'm currently three-boxing an SK, Enchanter, and Wizard, with a tank merc, and 2 caster or melee mercs (casters seem to kill noticeably quicker). I started with nothing, on a new server, and they are now lvl 56.

Curious who is healing! :)

Curious who is healing! :)

At level 56, especially if mobs are slowed (single pulls), with a J1 tank merc, heals seem unnecessary. That along with a wizard plus 2 dps mercs, things die in maybe 10 seconds usually. I know this won't be doable forever, once mobs start hitting much harder.

my 2 cents:

What are some pros/cons between these two setups:

SK, Enchanter, Wizard - +Healer Merc, +2 Caster Mercs

OR

SK, Enchanter, Druid - +3 Caster Mercs

mercs get locked out of some places so having heals completely dependant on merc does go bad on occasion, the druid can typically cover heals and ports which makes life nice, but they're not as good at buffs / heals as a cleric and that makes the cleric merc helpful but not great.

If limited to 3 accounts, I'd probably choose SK, Bard and Shaman. This gives you a tank, general utility and a good healer. The shaman hp buffs will semi-stack with the cleric merc and imho they're a little better as a group healer than druid. You lose some effectiveness with CC but not a lot. Having a pocket wizzy / druid for travel would be a good add-on.

If you up it to 4 accounts, SK, Ench, Wiz and Cleric or Shaman. a PC cleric is better than a cleric merc (better hp buffs, battle rez, etc.) but it makes using a cleric merc nearly useless and you give up some shaman buffs. Pocket shaman for buffs on same acct as cleric could cover some of that though. The wiz does good dps and you have easy mode travel all the time, Ench for great CC and slow/debuff and Cleric for best hp buffs / heals.

If limited to 3 accounts, I'd probably choose SK, Bard and Shaman. This gives you a tank, general utility and a good healer.
What about DPS though? I did put some consideration into this combo before creating my current three toons. I didn't like the lack of ports, but, yeah, a pocket wiz or druid could suffice for that. I'm thinking that melee mercs with shaman + bard buffs might be able to hold a candle to caster mercs' dps? I don't want just a merely survivable trio, I would like a survivable trio that has good to great dps, good utility, and great versatility. I'd like to stick with three accounts, since, even with KissAssist, it still feels like a lot to juggle with three toons (I'm fairly new to boxing), so 4+ just pushes that even further. I like that with three toons, I get complemented by three mercs that I don't have to manually play, and I still get a full group.

What about DPS though? I did put some consideration into this combo before creating my current three toons. I didn't like the lack of ports, but, yeah, a pocket wiz or druid could suffice for that. I'm thinking that melee mercs with shaman + bard buffs might be able to hold a candle to caster mercs' dps? I don't want just a merely survivable trio, I would like a survivable trio that has good to great dps, good utility, and great versatility. I'd like to stick with three accounts, since, even with KissAssist, it still feels like a lot to juggle with three toons (I'm fairly new to boxing), so 4+ just pushes that even further. I like that with three toons, I get complemented by three mercs that I don't have to manually play, and I still get a full group.

From what ive seen people do in the past is run War or SK/Bard or Chanter/Shaman or Cleric, yes it limits dps alittle but bard will throw out some good dps and if you play enchanter their good dps, yes not if you use sk/chant/sham yes your shaman can dps because sk can heal alittle himself with taps so if need be have shaman dps... ive seen people in EWK when TDS was highest expac with SK/Chant/Sham/Wiz merc/Wiz merc/Healer merc for backup.... Shaman was dpsing mercs were dpsing chant was cc/dps and it was actually fast kills.. give it a whirl

Discussion - Two three-box compositions - Which is better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back