• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bans - Your account has been banned... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dabzz

RedCents
152¢
So, I have NEVER used any AFK auto gaming. I only use the basics from very vanilla. I'm a complete macro moron (I'm in healthcare and save lives for a living way different than coding! and without this amazing site with all the hard working macro guru's I'd be lost trying to figure out ISboxer..) THANKS SO VERY MUCH BTW. /mac auto (I run war/cleric/bard/rog/berz<until last night> on /mac auto) and it has made EQ so much more enjoyable!!! I manually pull with a chanter and have a Mage I havent figured out how to use a macro with so I run him manually) I also use /plugin MQ2nav and I love /plugin MQ2easyfind !! But, other than those I dont run any other macros and have never been away from keyboard not even for a second while grinding.
So long story short, I go to log into an Account I was dumb enough to buy off a person on Playersauctions. My Berzerker :-( DPS machine gone! An account I wasnt aware was Hero'd but whatever. It had never had any sec Ques/Ans or info set. The only reason I can guess, is that the account must have been linked to an IP that must have gotten multiple bans. I will check out the sellers name later. I think I opted to buy the 1 year protection they offered cause I was skeptical about buying it so hopefully they honor it and give me my money back!
Sucks to loose an EoK enabled, T1/T2 geared, AND 1 YEAR ALL ACCESS PAID just about 3 weeks ago!! FUCK YOU DAYBREAK! And don't touch my other 6 accounts !

There are lots of people getting banned now and then unbanned when they add 2 factor authentication. U should try that. Its unlikely this is related to any other reason.

From Daybreak site:

Rich (BB code):
Protect your Daybreak Account by setting up 2-Step Verification which will send a security code to your mobile device for you to enter during the password recovery flow.

Setting Up 2 Step Authentication

Log into your account and go to Account Management and choose Enhanced Security.
Click the Button to Turn On 2-Step Verification.
You will need to know the answer to your Security Question. (If you do not have one yet, you will be prompted to create one.)
Enter your country and mobile phone number (ensure that the country code is correct.)
You will receive an SMS message with a security code, enter it in the box provided and click Continue.
Win!

You can also use this flow to change your phone number or disable 2-Step Verification.

Note: Players that are locked for suspicious behavior may edit the phone number but are not able to disable 2-Step Authentication.

Did you buy off a regular seller here? If you're honest I'm sure the answer is yes.

Only takes 1 blizzard mole account to make a purchase then reverse engineer transactions on that account. That's how we did it when I still worked for blizzard. Buying off established users on this site is asking to get banned.

Yea I bought mine off a regular seller on here. Then I assume they just ban every account that had my number and email attached

Only takes 1 blizzard mole account to make a purchase then reverse engineer transactions on that account. That's how we did it when I still worked for blizzard. Buying off established users on this site is asking to get banned.

Is this true people?

- - - Updated - - -

Can we get Willjacobs verified please?

- - - Updated - - -

Can we get Willjacobs verified please?

Daybreak aint blizzard :)

the dude doing the ban's was tipped off from a valid source , Apparently. Person I know that is affiliated with daybreak , said someone purchased an account from here recently. with the intent to get the CC information off a account that was tipped to be stolen and start banning based off RMT , Transactions , I know this dude and he has never lied to me before. and is in the top guild in the game. I caution you guys. May EQ gods be with you I am playing out the time on my buddies account he is letting go silver. since I have no more accounts they were all banned and I'm hanging up my EQ cleats. Take care. all

That's an eerie comment by willjacobs who is buying a manarobe and just signed up this month and not verified... just sayin

I think the 2 step is a way they connect everything also. I had account banned that weren't even logged in but they were 2 step verified to me

Chanticleer why were your 3 accounts banned?

My accounts were banned because my dc exp date came and went and I didn?t get my new dc so I needed to sub my accounts and used my gf dc well when I did , our bank seen 9 transactions from daybreak and stoped those transactions well shortly after they did bann. And so I petitioned didn't get a email for 3-4 days And sure enough I get the gm that is currently banning people he finally sent me a email , and explained the dc swap on the cc showed the account changing hands. Offered me no solution said it?s in the Eula didn?t offer me to show him my gf dc information or anything said I can?t prove it and shouldn?t be talking to be again about it the answer is negative not changing his mind accounts are permantly banned

so you are telling me you have to use the same CC on the account or risk it being banned if you switch to a new CC or something lol? If so that is beyond ridiculous and pathetic on daybreak part

I would escalate any petition to his boss. You can easily prove it by sending a photo copy of her ID and your ID to them.

I did the guy banning people is the lead gm the remdawg or whatever I am on a phone so don?t have his name on my phone but I did escalate it and she sent me to him whom is what person that banned me

I'd give it a day and then PM Roshen / Roxxly (*sp?*) on the eq forums for help.

If that doesn't work, I'd post a fairly passive aggressive help message to their daybreakgames customer support twitter.

I'll add at least one toon to the banned list today. Toon was offline and hasn't been on in days. Not an RMT account. Ftp, but bought the most recent xpac and used Kronos for aas. Only have an automated response from DBG so far.

I sincerely doubt any department of Daybreak knows what Remdag is doing - or should I say how far he's taking it. Even if his original goal was to stomp out account RMT I feel that at some point he got emotionally involved and he's now banning people for whatever god damn reason he well pleases. He's turning customers away from the game at this point and scaring the current customers we DO have into not spending money. Who the fuck is going to buy 6 expansions if they think they're gonna be banned? I'll tell you who NO ONE.

There's strength in numbers and if you all contact Roshen about this as Darkie said... I think he'd be interested in hearing about a GM banning everyone. I'm not so arrogant to presume Roshen cares about each and every one of us but what i do assume is he cares about his own pay check. You won't have a paycheck if all your customers are banned or too scared to spend money cause they may be banned.

I sincerely doubt any department of Daybreak knows what Remdag is doing - or should I say how far he's taking it. Even if his original goal was to stomp out account RMT I feel that at some point he got emotionally involved and he's now banning people for whatever god damn reason he well pleases. He's turning customers away from the game at this point and scaring the current customers we DO have into not spending money. Who the fuck is going to buy 6 expansions if they think they're gonna be banned? I'll tell you who NO ONE.

There's strength in numbers and if you all contact Roshen about this as Darkie said... I think he'd be interested in hearing about a GM banning everyone. I'm not so arrogant to presume Roshen cares about each and every one of us but what i do assume is he cares about his own pay check. You won't have a paycheck if all your customers are banned or too scared to spend money cause they may be banned.

Roshen isn't community liaison for EQ, some other Daybreak ass-wipe got the job iirr. At least, I see another community manager on the Daybreak forums. Its been like a year since Roshen was vocal on the forums, think he either moved up at Daybreak or changed teams.

You want to contact Daybreaks in house adult entertainer- Roxxxlyy, heard she gives good head.

I heard about this thread. Once you do 2 step verification your accounts are pretty much tainted and they will use it to ban all of them in the future. People getting wrongfully banned are probably getting it from Lead GM remdag (Max Oakson) and customer service manager Scott Dale. They have been headhunting people with a lot of krono recently and people arent getting appeals as stated in the help section. They have no problem false banning for "afk faming" with 10-30 second afk checks or no afk check at all. If you ask to be escalated to the person in charge they will ignore you and close/lock/say good luck in your future gaming endeavors. They have said in the past from their old community manager that all unused krono are a liability and they dont get paid from them until used :
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ut-krono-resellers.206514/page-5#post-3033048
It benefits us in many ways to have the krono consumed, rather than banked, since we can't realize the revenue until they have been used for time. That being said we always knew that some people would play the market and buy and resell krono for excess plat. That's allowable, and so are the market shenanigans that result. As long as everyone is adhering to the Terms of Service.
Piestro, Jan 13, 2014

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ut-krono-resellers.206514/page-5#post-3033094
We've talked about this a few times, but that's trading one accounting issue for the same accounting issue. Until the SC is spent it's on our books as a liability and has the same issue with realized revenue. Gifting is a more likely possibility than tradable SC. That's still all speculation however.
Piestro, Jan 13, 2014

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ease-and-heres-why.203902/page-3#post-3000408
Kronos don't really make us money like that. If a Krono has been purchased but hasn't been consumed (granting the game time) we can't realize the money in our accounting department. As I understand it essentially the money exists but we can't really do anything with it or claim it as earnings. This seems dumb to me, but *shrug* accounting laws.
Piestro, Oct 3, 2013

As the phone number on everyones credit card statement is disconnected you dont have many options to report false bannings or fraud. Here are some of the options. If you or your friends were banned and you suspect fraud or other wrongdoing I would use these emails to report it.
These first 3 are the emails for the people in charge of the investment company that owns DBG.
[email protected] (Senior Managing Partner)
[email protected] (CEO)
[email protected]

Here is another avenue if you dont want to report wrongdoing. He works for DBG but has no problem ignoring you or giving fake answers/helping cover up fraud. He is most likely not what you are looking for. DBG VP of player XP :
[email protected]

They have no problems doing whatever they want at this time and seem to have no risk of getting fired/in trouble for their actions. Times have for sure changed. They just don't care about the customer base anymore and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a change in policy to get a lot of the liability off their books and take revenue for it. I know of over 1,000 krono being banned/stolen in the last 3 months. DBG as a team will do whatever they can to cover it up. With the columbus nova emails at least you will be heard even if nothing is done. Mailing roshen might help if you are buddy buddy with him but I dont see it working for 99% of people

There are also 3 Columbus Nova phone #s for their different offices.

Charlotte : 1.704.285.6500
NY : 1.212.418.9600
Dallas : 1.469.906.2176

They want people falsely banned to go away and not fight for what was stolen from them. I hope most EQ players falsely banned due to lying GMs or fraud don't disappear.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ease-and-heres-why.203902/page-3#post-3000408
Kronos don't really make us money like that. If a Krono has been purchased but hasn't been consumed (granting the game time) we can't realize the money in our accounting department. As I understand it essentially the money exists but we can't really do anything with it or claim it as earnings. This seems dumb to me, but *shrug* accounting laws.
Piestro, Oct 3, 2013

This kind of makes sense. Since the krono is a multi game subscription. It is probably tracked by the game it is used in. Obviously Daybreak would record the revenue when it is bought but it might not be assigned until it used in a specific game even though you can play other games once you spend it.

Yep I've started a few accounts by trading 1 krono to each (6box setup) just for them to get banned 2-3 days later (always seems about thursday/friday for bans). I fight them saying you have no proof that the krono I traded to my own new accounts were RMT, I already had them and it was my own account giving it to a new account I made, one krono to each new account. And then remdag simply bans me from being able to log into support with that account and appeal.

I did twitter them at DBGsupport, and soon as they realized who I was they would immediately stop replying/ignore me. I did this on 3 different twitters with initial replies being within 10-15minutes, and after that dead silence.

Also recently had a pal get suspended, woebot came by said "are you afk" in say without identifying himself as a GM/guide/CSR, so my pal didnt know who he was and ignored him figuring it was another player coming to harass him for 6boxing, nope suspended 2 weeks.

Had a friend in the beginning of agnarr, made about 200kr first two weeks, then he put his girlfriends CC on the account (no CC prior) to buy station cash and the CC company activated fraud prevention and denied it later on, then DBG banned him. Then they (DBG) admitted it wasnt his fault but wouldnt unban him, and then banned him from creating more tickets about it.

It is amazing what they are currently getting away with. I don't even know where to start deconstructing it. The ethics behind every aspect are stupifying... They ban an account and you can't log in to appeal. They choose not to respond to tickets and do not right mistakes they admit to. They deviously ask if you are afk in a flood of other game text, when there are more clear tools available to directly ask someone. They initiate a mechanism in game to trade play time and then actually steal money back from people by confiscating krono (200 kr x $17/krono = $3,400), which is well over the line to be considered grand theft in most states.

Last edited:
PM Roshen on the forums. In the past i've gotten Roshen to overrule CS on suspensions and bans. I wouldn't go this route unless you're 100% innocent though. And lets be honest how many of you are telling the whole story here.

PM Roshen on the forums. In the past i've gotten Roshen to overrule CS on suspensions and bans. I wouldn't go this route unless you're 100% innocent though. And lets be honest how many of you are telling the whole story here.

Max "Remdag" Oakson
Monday at 19:02
Its pretty easy to determine this. However, the answer is negative for the 3 listed accounts and they are permanently banned. Very technically speaking, I should even be discussing this with you since again.

I am pretty sure I am aware of whats going on with my Accounts. They were banned because my name Said HIS - at HIS ADRESS . hers said HERS and HER ADRESS . they banned me for her paying for my accounts ( says its in the Eula ) SO tech speaking IF SAID NAME OWNS THE ACCOUNT SAID OWNERS CC BETTER PAY FOR IT OR KRONO. what this dumb fuck just told me.

- - - Updated - - -

Max "Remdag" Oakson
Today at 18:20
Its not personal, it is standard procedure for the situation.

Sorry for your loss.

- - - Updated - - -

pretty sure this is personal now....... and he is out to prove a point.

So if I interpret what you are saying, you are saying 3 accounts have your name on them but someone else is paying for them. I dont get what the problem is there. I paid for my kids sub with my cc and never had a problem.

So if I interpret what you are saying, you are saying 3 accounts have your name on them but someone else is paying for them. I dont get what the problem is there. I paid for my kids sub with my cc and never had a problem.

no what I'm saying is , MY CC went inactive , my FIANCE / GF put her Debit card on them and banned

Remdags name is actually gadmer. It's like when bell calls and says 'hedo my freend how are doing today? My name is Chris. ...sure bud sure

I dont get how that cant be explained to them. It makes no sense.

I'm not sure how its hard to understand , ive explained it , ive sent my DL , HER DL , anything proving we live at same address , the issue he says is Where my CC had my accounts billing address , her CC doesn't , and it looks like ownership changed hands ? I'm not sure how he thinks so but whatever Thou I'm happy fuck Remdawg and daybreak and anyone that says otherwise.

Last edited:
Every account banned, even my IP address has been banned and any account that I try to make is banned immediately. From what I can tell they are now going through logs finding out that if a name or location of an account has changed, banned.

I waited awhile before posting this to get Redbot's permission but this is an extremely easy thing to get around: just use virtual credit cards.

If you don't know what a VCC is it's just a temporary credit card that you can choose a fake name or address for. Many top credit card companies, in my case Citibank, offer their own for only 1.5% of the cost of the transaction, meaning if you're using it for a $15 subscription it would cost 15 cents.

If you're buying or selling an account you can just get or provide the name of the original CC user and if you really wanted to go overboard their zip code even though there's no possible way they're banning people for changing addresses.

Every account banned, even my IP address has been banned and any account that I try to make is banned immediately. From what I can tell they are now going through logs finding out that if a name or location of an account has changed, banned.

That's crazy they are autobanning anything you make. I didnt even get that and I think there was a healthy amount of accounts banned linked to my IP.

Fuark tho, I would definitely stay away from account sharing, account buying/selling, and changing any sort of info. Seems like using CC is just risky even if you have good intentions.

Wonder if they link paypal payments.

Bans - Your account has been banned...
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back