• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bans - Your account has been banned... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes no sense to me, from a business perspective, is if for example my brother, who turned me on to EQ in early 1999, who was playing with his wife at the time, have long lost interest in it and gave me there accounts, which have always been gold since 99, could be banned. Why would they do that? It makes no sense. It would seem more logical that they are banning suspected account sales. It also seems they are banning for no 2 part confirmation which is in itself also rediculous! Unless they are sending an email to the original email addy from creation and no one is responding. Which, is also rediculous, hell i had accounts set up with the old rocketmail.com and what not back then...never would get that email you know. DBG needs to get on the fucking page and give the general public an address about wtf they are doing right now as far as their changes, why, and what everyone needs to do to make sure their accounts are in order. Not just ban first, with no info to the account holder, make the account holder then try to get ahold of them to find out why. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE THERE! This should be post on the main Everquest webpage...and if I keep going, I just might !

how far back are they checking? i started playing when i was 10 in 1999, so all my accounts had my moms credit card on them up until ~10 years ago ish... should i be concerned ?

I think it would be due time for EVERYONE who has had this done, as well as anyone worried about this happening to them, to send emails to someone in more of a position of authority at DBG regarding the absolute nonsense of these actions.. The fact that there are potentially hundreds of people that can be affected by this should be a somewhat head shaking moment at DBG when they see that they can and WILL lose the all the subs associated (for those that do sub) as well as the multiple purchases PER player of the new xpacs..

I wouldn't think a good business would have someone doing unrestricted activities such as this.... but then again, we are talking about DBG, and I've seen some truly fucking stupid moves...

So.. who would be THE best email for us to all send to? Because, it should be a coordinated effort, and sent to one person.. when they get the volume that we can provide.. I think they may see it for what it is...

I think it would be due time for EVERYONE who has had this done, as well as anyone worried about this happening to them, to send emails to someone in more of a position of authority at DBG regarding the absolute nonsense of these actions.. The fact that there are potentially hundreds of people that can be affected by this should be a somewhat head shaking moment at DBG when they see that they can and WILL lose the all the subs associated (for those that do sub) as well as the multiple purchases PER player of the new xpacs..

I wouldn't think a good business would have someone doing unrestricted activities such as this.... but then again, we are talking about DBG, and I've seen some truly fucking stupid moves...

So.. who would be THE best email for us to all send to? Because, it should be a coordinated effort, and sent to one person.. when they get the volume that we can provide.. I think they may see it for what it is...

There is no way to contact the higher ups unless you use private messaging on the EQ boards. And do you really think people like EQ1 producer or Holly cunt check their PM on the EQ boards. The best approach is like someone said, make alot of noise on Twitter and Facebook. They go out of their way to make it difficult for customers to contact them, so use T/F.

There is no way to contact the higher ups unless you use private messaging on the EQ boards. And do you really think people like EQ1 producer or Holly cunt check their PM on the EQ boards. The best approach is like someone said, make alot of noise on Twitter and Facebook. They go out of their way to make it difficult for customers to contact them, so use T/F.

If we could get like 5k+ shares on FB or retweets they'd most likely beg for everyone bussiness back and reason I say this.

Had issue with my cellular carries few years back over a warranty on a phone--they where complete assholes telling me they don't do refunds for non contract accounts.

Mfer I been in a contract for 3 years now just renewed last year. Went to social media and few IT forums I'm part of and started having everyone sharing how they where treating me.

This went on for about 2 weeks before I took it to social media. Within week had letter from pretty high up in my inbox asking me to call. They fixed it that day went to store got a new device and didn't have a bill for 6 months. Bad publicity is not what they want specially with this expansion coming out. Ban now watch how little it sells with no one left.

I'm in the middle of a big move, so I'm really wondering if me or my 15 or so accounts have been hit. I verified I was good in the very early stages that this was all going on, but haven't logged any of my guys in for a week or so now.

With that said, I agree with the social media bit. I had an issue with Samsung a few years ago where a TV I bought suddenly had pixels freezing (going white... looked like snow ALL THE TIME). They told me to f off, until I managed to do enough research that there were other people with the issue (there was a FB group) and they had found email addresses of people who would help. I emailed, and then suddenly a repair dude called me and said he was directed to do a one-time repair. The damn TV is still kickin, and it's been years. Hell, it lasted longer than my marriage to a crazy anti-social chick.

I agree with that there is something missing unless it truly is a GM going overboard and power hungry

edit: or a mole

Just lost a new account that was created when they did the most recent batch of free heroics.

It never had CC info, never did RMT, unlikely it's an afk play ban

the only thing I can think of is that because I may have used a vpn when creating it, they think it changed hands...

opened a ticket, we'll see what they say

Are you guys getting kicked out of game and then banned or are you just relogging to find yourself banned. I have all my guys logged in and really don?t want to log them out. Guess I could try logging into my account on the regular eq page. Would it give me a message if I was banned there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you guys getting kicked out of game and then banned or are you just relogging to find yourself banned. I have all my guys logged in and really don?t want to log them out. Guess I could try logging into my account on the regular eq page. Would it give me a message if I was banned there?

I was thinking about that - but with all of the frequent server crashes lately... heh good luck

Using the patcher and trying to login gives you the "banned" message before you get to server select. You could try that.

the patcher bypass gives you a message about "needing a subscription" or something like that if you're banned (and possibly suspended, not sure)

Guess it will be time to roll the dice this afternoon and just relog everyone. I logged into the website on a few random accounts and had no issues.

Thing is if this was widespread to the non mq2 playerbase there would be way more noise about it on the eq forums but there isnt any at all.

This has crossed my mind aswell - I reached out and asked a few friends in guilds that I know don't use MQ2 all that much and they replied that people in their guild have been banned recently too. I can't confirm that they never used MQ2 but I can confirm that guilds are scared about this and they're talking about it off of redguides.

Now, that doesn't explain why there are no posts on the eqforums about it. My theory is that people are scared to post publically that they were banned because they know everyone is going to accuse them of MQ2 usage.

Looking at the EQ forums - there IS a post about this problem now... And guess what they're blaming him for? =P

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/daybreak-customer-experience.244324/

Try to log in with the patcher, you wont have to log out, and if it says this account is banned then you know. If you use eqgame.exe it says this account needs to be activated or something, it wont kick you out of game.

Looking at the EQ forums - there IS a post about this problem now... And guess what they're blaming him for? =P

I suspected DBG was moderating the forums and deleting posts about it until I saw this. I've also spoke to a few other folks in game and the ban has randomly hit their toons as well (alts, bankers, etc...).

What I haven't seen posted on the forums are complaints about how DBG isn't even owning up to what they are doing and contacting folks they are banning...

One of the chars I've gotten from here was hit on Wednesday. It wasn't a account I used a lot so I'm not super butt hurt over it, but it does have me wondering of the safety of my main accounts now. I haven't done RMT on them, but you never know. I don't think I'm even going to email DBG about it. Don't want to rock the boat. I think the seller might have been hit, and they got all accounts associated with him.

I suspected DBG was moderating the forums and deleting posts about it until I saw this. I've also spoke to a few other folks in game and the ban has randomly hit their toons as well (alts, bankers, etc...).

What I haven't seen posted on the forums are complaints about how DBG isn't even owning up to what they are doing and contacting folks they are banning...

They are being silly about banning on the forums, they've banned about 2-3 of my accounts on their forums, its not like I can't popup and make another account.

Several friends have been banned here. All responses so far have been that it's due to "account sharing". Changing CC info or even changing IP's can get you banned. The official input on my pal was that his IP changed twice during a single day so he was banned. Complete nonsense.

Remdag is on a power trip, he's falsely banned tons of players, just google him, it's been an ongoing thing across multiple DBG games for years. He seems to just pick a game, pick some weird justification and just go full retard from there.

Several friends have been banned here. All responses so far have been that it's due to "account sharing". Changing CC info or even changing IP's can get you banned. The official input on my pal was that his IP changed twice during a single day so he was banned. Complete nonsense.

Remdag is on a power trip, he's falsely banned tons of players, just google him, it's been an ongoing thing across multiple DBG games for years. He seems to just pick a game, pick some weird justification and just go full retard from there.

Yep. Remdag banned me back in August 2016 and left a bad taste in my mouth ever since, and so many other players have been effected by him. I wish we could do something about him, he's scum IMO. I also think there's more to it than monetary reasons, but who knows really. It's pretty much a mystery what goes on over there since they have no phone support and once you get banned you can only ask about your accounts from a new account.

I heard about this thread. Once you do 2 step verification your accounts are pretty much tainted and they will use it to ban all of them in the future. People getting wrongfully banned are probably getting it from Lead GM remdag (Max Oakson) and customer service manager Scott Dale. They have been headhunting people with a lot of krono recently and people arent getting appeals as stated in the help section. They have no problem false banning for "afk faming" with 10-30 second afk checks or no afk check at all. If you ask to be escalated to the person in charge they will ignore you and close/lock/say good luck in your future gaming endeavors. They have said in the past from their old community manager that all unused krono are a liability and they dont get paid from them until used :
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ut-krono-resellers.206514/page-5#post-3033048
It benefits us in many ways to have the krono consumed, rather than banked, since we can't realize the revenue until they have been used for time. That being said we always knew that some people would play the market and buy and resell krono for excess plat. That's allowable, and so are the market shenanigans that result. As long as everyone is adhering to the Terms of Service.
Piestro, Jan 13, 2014

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ut-krono-resellers.206514/page-5#post-3033094
We've talked about this a few times, but that's trading one accounting issue for the same accounting issue. Until the SC is spent it's on our books as a liability and has the same issue with realized revenue. Gifting is a more likely possibility than tradable SC. That's still all speculation however.
Piestro, Jan 13, 2014

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ease-and-heres-why.203902/page-3#post-3000408
Kronos don't really make us money like that. If a Krono has been purchased but hasn't been consumed (granting the game time) we can't realize the money in our accounting department. As I understand it essentially the money exists but we can't really do anything with it or claim it as earnings. This seems dumb to me, but *shrug* accounting laws.
Piestro, Oct 3, 2013

As the phone number on everyones credit card statement is disconnected you dont have many options to report false bannings or fraud. Here are some of the options. If you or your friends were banned and you suspect fraud or other wrongdoing I would use these emails to report it.
These first 3 are the emails for the people in charge of the investment company that owns DBG.
[email protected] (Senior Managing Partner)
[email protected] (CEO)
[email protected]

Here is another avenue if you dont want to report wrongdoing. He works for DBG but has no problem ignoring you or giving fake answers/helping cover up fraud. He is most likely not what you are looking for. DBG VP of player XP :
[email protected]

They have no problems doing whatever they want at this time and seem to have no risk of getting fired/in trouble for their actions. Times have for sure changed. They just don't care about the customer base anymore and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a change in policy to get a lot of the liability off their books and take revenue for it. I know of over 1,000 krono being banned/stolen in the last 3 months. DBG as a team will do whatever they can to cover it up. With the columbus nova emails at least you will be heard even if nothing is done. Mailing roshen might help if you are buddy buddy with him but I dont see it working for 99% of people

There are also 3 Columbus Nova phone #s for their different offices.

Charlotte : 1.704.285.6500
NY : 1.212.418.9600
Dallas : 1.469.906.2176

They want people falsely banned to go away and not fight for what was stolen from them. I hope most EQ players falsely banned due to lying GMs or fraud don't disappear.

If it happened to me I would send emails to those 3 from Columbus Nova and even Brad Wilcox from DBG but I wouldn't call the offices. If they get enough reports against Max Oakson and Scott Dale maybe they will investigate them. If they ignored me I would start calling. Most people work for someone and have to answer to them. If they are going after certain people without cause or being unreasonable with discussions maybe its time that the people that own the company that employs them found out. If the phone number listed on CC statements is really disconnected that's hilarious.

On another forum it was verified that Inzane aka maximillian520 has been banned, some 78 accounts, I mean he had atleast 22 on agnarr and he also PLed in phinigel. If you ever got trained by thatsmydaddy or inzane this is him. I imagine a lot of people used his services.. here's his thread:
https://www.redguides.com/forums/th...r-char-option)?p=339816&viewfull=1#post339816

Essentially any ip address he has used would be hit and if you use the same vpn there is a chance it linked up one time or another with the same ip address. If this happened. That person who has 0 affiliation with Maximilian would also be effected. That being said. Anyone who had him log their toon in has most likely been effected for sure.

Happened to me on fippy years ago and it is a big mess

Ya good point on using very wellknown/public VPNs can cause that. I had that when I farmed WOW but it was a double edged sword as I got one account unbanned up to 10 times cause I said I was using a vpn that was wellknown to hackers.

I bought an account and actually had it 2 step verified. I tried to put a CC on it but I can't because I am not in my home country right now. so I bought Kronos from DBG and my account got banned. I haven't had a chance to send in the petition yet but didn't get email about why my account was banned. Yes my accounts get logged into different IP addresses frequently as I travel for work almost constantly. Sad part is I actually bought the damn kronos from them and passed them to my other toon.

I don't see how someone else putting a cc on your account is reason for ban. Who cares who pays for the account you are getting the money and we are paying.

On another forum it was verified that Inzane aka maximillian520 has been banned, some 78 accounts, I mean he had atleast 22 on agnarr and he also PLed in phinigel. If you ever got trained by thatsmydaddy or inzane this is him. I imagine a lot of people used his services.. here's his thread:
https://www.redguides.com/forums/th...r-char-option)?p=339816&viewfull=1#post339816

Yup, account was from him. I guess that explains it! Question is now, is this going to effect any of my other original accounts? Or just anything he touched?

I'm curious, how are ya'll even able to setup 2-step verification if your account is banned. Are you still able to login on their website with the banned account?

I had two of my accounts banned immediately after I added two step security to them. They were accounts I had purchased a while back and was planning on keeping. One even had my cc attached to it. I'm cutting my losses on those as I don't want to do anything that will draw more attention to my other accounts. I'm hoping nothing happens even though I have my cc attached to them also.

Been trying to figure out the reasons behind the ban, but i feel relieved that it wasn't because of current in-game exploits or the third party software's we enjoy using, cutting my losses as well and hope we don't have any further losses.

My accounts were banned because my dc exp date came and went and I didn?t get my new dc so I needed to sub my accounts and used my gf dc well when I did , our bank seen 9 transactions from daybreak and stoped those transactions well shortly after they did bann. And so I petitioned didn?t get a email for 3-4 days And sure enough I get the gm that is currently banning people he finally sent me a email , and explained the dc swap on the cc showed the account changing hands. Offered me no solution said it?s in the Eula didn?t offer me to show him my gf dc information or anything said I can?t prove it and shouldn?t be talking to be again about it the answer is negative not changing his mind accounts are permantly banned

Chant i would pursue this more its bogus just saying cus i used to use my grandma's cc back in the day then my grandpa disputed charges and2 acct got chargeback bans til i paid them. Have your gf write out a letter saying she authorized this and relationship to you as gf when you petition again

Chant i would pursue this more its bogus just saying cus i used to use my grandma's cc back in the day then my grandpa disputed charges and2 acct got chargeback bans til i paid them. Have your gf write out a letter saying she authorized this and relationship to you as gf when you petition again

I sadly have with copy of driver licence and statment showin my cc quit and the order of new one

I sadly have with copy of driver licence and statment showin my cc quit and the order of new one

Eh just thought bout letter may have to be notarized then they should honor it. If yall live together with samr address on licenses id send copy of hers too but that's me. And if they dont id blast em on twitter where they look like others said and tell your side of things

- - - Updated - - -

Feel free to pm if ya like chant

All will slowly get hit once remdag gets around to looking into it fully im sure

Is this a fairly certain thing? I was also banned due to an account from Maximillian. How long does it typically take for Remdag to look into attached accounts? Not especially motivated to play my original accounts at the moment.

Ya I had a pal who got banned after adding 2FA also, which is really odd... makes no sense unless they're matching area codes to zipcodes ?!
Buffington honestly it's hard to tell, I'd say if you dont appeal the ban then they wont look into you and youll be okay, in my experience appealing always lead to losing more accounts myself. But on the same spectrum it seems some people that get banned just have to petition, add 2FA, and verify account details (that you're the owner) and get unbanned, so you choose, or wait see what others do and what happens.

I'd agree with Wealthmanager. If you have them look into it rip. If you let it go your other accounts may be fine because they would have hit the ips associated with max as of right now.

Bans - Your account has been banned...
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back