• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bans - Your account has been banned... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel not being allowed to mask your IP address in this day and age is wrong. To me its part of your personal information like your ss#, date of birth, place of residence etc.,

Some accounts didn't have 2fa.

I think the thread is updated info and ip changes by geography.

It has to be coming from a common thread that started with a main link

Krono activity log ip
Accounts with no info log ips
Ip linked on x accounts
X accounts have no info
X accounts have new info
X accounts have different ip by geography
X accounts have different ip in many geography's
Log and watch
Batch ban

I would send your explanations to GM Dunbar. Or, he would be the one to ask why out of the rest of the GM's imo.

Max "Remdag" Oakson is an asshole. He enjoys banning people and will not care to help. I will toast the day he gets fired.

So earlier in this post it was mentioned about the Kronos not being realized until spent for time. I wonder what happens to the Kronos on the perm banned accounts. I had 3 and another person had 20 and we were baby holders of krono.

Since the item (krono) actually has monatary value isn't that a problem to confiscate or possibly theft if they "cash" them?

were any of these accounts banned fresh accounts in the aspect that you paid to have the character transferred from the original account to a fresh krono account that YOU started?

Well I can add my purchased accounts to the ban. .

Same story for me, one of my account banned (purchased here). Them answers my ticket - "The account has been permanently banned because it has come to our attention that it has changed hands, which is not something we allow."

So me very scare atm to buy any more accounts, anyway me will play from other ip, other email, payment details etc

"The account has been permanently banned because it has come to our attention that it has changed hands, which is not something we allow."

So that clearly indicated they are tracking ip addresses. I'm leaning towards this isn't a 2fa issue more so a VPN ip address that some part of the eq population is using that is marked by Daybreak as coming from a RMT seller, which is causing this muck up by them. Unless there are some of you that got banned out there, that didn't do any RMT sales && don't use a VPN.

2 of my accounts have been hit. Last night was my main account, which was holding 93 Kronos. That's about 1700(in money actually paid for them to daybreak at some point). It's crazy to think they can just seize that much krono. I can't bring myself to play any of my others accounts after this hit.

mabbu got banned with 400 krono and faceless bank account got banned with 500 krono. so yeah they do. had a buddy lose 200 krono first week of agnarr due to his girlfriend's CC company doing fraud prevention on buying station cash then said ok let charge go thru but DBG banned him and wouldnt remove it. I always thought it was shady as fuck to take krono that people paid for but never redeemed, shouldnt be ok.

A lot of you will spite me for saying this, but those saying their done with EQ, you know you'll be back to give them more of your money in a few months or at some point later. Most of us playing are addicted to this game, so we always come back, even though we like to give that ultimatum. :eq1

So earlier in this post it was mentioned about the Kronos not being realized until spent for time. I wonder what happens to the Kronos on the perm banned accounts. I had 3 and another person had 20 and we were baby holders of krono.

Since the item (krono) actually has monatary value isn't that a problem to confiscate or possibly theft if they "cash" them?

I am curious about this I only had 1 and someone else posted they had 93, so this is over 1000 Kronos, just from us on this site. I am curious about this and how they are going to handle this issue. I know Remdag will probably just say F off to everyone. can someone direct me to the company name again so I can assist with the twitter blast on this guy.

I would say that number is much higher. Everquest gonna show the greatest Quarter numbers in years. Lol

To be fair, DB's stance on RMT is still much lighter than any other game company. Try doing any sort of botting, automation, or RMT on any other game. It's fair to say that you are running nearly a 100% chance of getting your accounts banned at some point in the next 2 or 3 months.

EQ has overlooked this for a long time but it was only a matter of time before they came after RMT. I think we are just too accustomed to running wild and playing by our own rules that we forgot about the inherent risks of breaking the TOS.

I dont think running wild justifies how they treat the appeal process/people trying to prove their innocence. I also dont think it means banning people just because an IP changed or the credit card's billing address on file didnt match the address on file for the account, or the name of the CC didnt match the owner's name on the account...as many people say they travel so their IP changes, maybe they use their wife or gf's CC to pay, doesnt mean the account changed hands.

Your post reeks of assuming everyone in this thread is RMTing or breaking the rules. At least when I farmed WOW they had the respect to answer their customers, and allow them to continue to appeal the ban instead of removing their access to the support sight, even going as far as to ban that email from creating more support tickets forcing you to make a new email/use another just to fight that previous ticket and then be banned again on that new email. The appeals process is almost non existant.

If you trade 1 krono to someone they can and have banned both parties telling them they RMTed becuase they traded 1 krono, lol.

DBG ought to simply break down and make a monitored player auction, allowing RMT through them, and be done with it.

It would make for a happier player base, less headaches and more revenue for them

I'm curious how many people who had actual subscriptions with credit cards were banned? So far all the people in my guild and all the people I know who got banned for reasons other than 2FA were on accounts that only kronos were being used for subscription time. No one I've found who had an actual credit card paying has been.

I'm curious how many people who had actual subscriptions with credit cards were banned? So far all the people in my guild and all the people I know who got banned for reasons other than 2FA were on accounts that only kronos were being used for subscription time. No one I've found who had an actual credit card paying has been.

I had 4 active accounts and 3 inactive banned. 1 was burning off its past krono and 3 were active CC subs, which all renewed on like 10-10-17 haha. Go figure.

I have two more that didn't get banned but had active CCs which I canceled. I am assuming they will be banned because of the IP link with my other accounts. I've logged into them throug the website to confirm not banned but haven't played on them.

DBG ought to simply break down and make a monitored player auction, allowing RMT through them, and be done with it.

It would make for a happier player base, less headaches and more revenue for them

They did this in EQ2 with the Bazaar server which allowed RL buying/selling of characters and items/gold etc.

If you read i was banned for active cc card play , cc card expired before i could get a new one added gfs and banned got the standard remdawg message its come to our attention these accounts have exchanged hands and they never have i made them started them paid for them just had to use her cc this past month to resub even emailed proof to that scum bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is what I know about GM's (Especially asshole Oakson)
1) Yes, they do check this site and other's. If you give too much info (IE: character gear), then your ass is grass.
2) Too many krono on the move if a red flag for them. They will see it. Big Red Flag.
3) Character transfers is another red flag if you are not OO/Legit. They will look deep into the account/character being transfer and will ban on the spot if something is amiss. (This is how I got nailed sadly via Oakson).
4) IP logings are stored. They see this easily (I know). If your login IP is waaay different than the original login IP, then it's a friggin red flag. And they will start digging.
5) Any stupid stuff done in game will get red flag. (IE: Box crews taking over camps and getting reported. Red Flag.)
6) People do narc on each other. It does happen.
7) Any CC info or even Full name linked to an account is bad for the simple reason: It's actual proof of OO, and anything that changes on the account (IE: name, address, another CC, phone) will get you banned.
8) Same goes with 2-step. You insert your phone number is same thing as IP login. They will know where the phone number is from and you will get red flag if you are from somewhere else (via IP login or if you change the number).

5) Any stupid stuff done in game will get red flag. (IE: Box crews taking over camps and getting reported. Red Flag.)
6) People do narc on each other. It does happen.

this was how i took my bans back in march. did nothing but RMT for six years, didn't raid or play really just solely RMT and no issues. as soon as i started six boxing on phinny i got banned. LOL

should've just never played. someone reported me even though i was totally legit without even SEQ running and i got banned the same night. i literally watched the guy run by with his own boxes, pause for a few mins to physically report all of my chars, and then leave.

started getting kicked char by char like an hour later.

- - - Updated - - -

mabbu got banned with 400 krono and faceless bank account got banned with 500 krono. so yeah they do. had a buddy lose 200 krono first week of agnarr due to his girlfriend's CC company doing fraud prevention on buying station cash then said ok let charge go thru but DBG banned him and wouldnt remove it. I always thought it was shady as fuck to take krono that people paid for but never redeemed, shouldnt be ok.

i saw that also. they are getting ballsy now confiscating krono apparently. i figured that would happen eventually!

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of you will spite me for saying this, but those saying their done with EQ, you know you'll be back to give them more of your money in a few months or at some point later. Most of us playing are addicted to this game, so we always come back, even though we like to give that ultimatum. :eq1

i've made some posts about the inherent immorality behind the design of MMOs before that touched on this. they're basically bad game design all around. we won't see sandbox MMOs succeed ever again because the core reward mechanisms have been extracted and baked into all the 45 minute session games now that addict kids just as hard while taking 1/10th of the time to design, manage, and balance.

- - - Updated - - -

several of us have suggested this directly to DB after being banned, no replies as of yet.

I would have been happy to only had a couple toons banned. We got nailed last year for RMT my friend and I. 13 accounts in total all raid geared current via CC info and about 1000 Krono lost.

Not sure why they even give you the ability to change this information on the account if it's just going to be an automatic ban regardless if it's legit or not.

Here is the facts I have learned first hand. My first ban was on Fippy when I got too cocky and well pissed a lot of people off! Since than I have remained active and worked around whatever DBG throws our way. Before every new expansion release on the TLP's, a ban wave goes out. Do some digging and you will verify this for yourself. I already have, and have also seen it first hand at the time of. Word of mouth through friends, or posts on here or the TLP forums. DBG is grimey f*cks. Pardon the language but its true. The customer support features alone should reassure you how much they care about their customers. As many have said, the addiction is strong, and whether it be 5minutes, or 1month, you will either buy a new account, or more forward with starting over. I know this, and they know this even more so than I because they have logs of every time someone resubs, or is banned and figures out a way around it until they are banned again, or outsmart DBG, The cycle is vicious and endless.

Despite personal feelings towards "Remdag", who I think is a piece of sh*t, In DBG's eyes, the guy is probably Jesus Christ reincarnated. For every account banned on the TLP server, they either
A) Take a bunch of krono back that have already been purchased, and can not be "repurchased" earning DBG an income after the fact. Simply deleting them from the system - in the end someone is forced to buy more.
B) Force you to provide personal information by appealing your ban - You now have to prove who you are, and that you are the original owner.
Outcome - 1) You provide the information and they reinstate your account a few days later stating it could have been avoided for some bullshit excuse.
2) You cant provide the information, the account remains banned, a krono was consumed or a subscription was purchased through DBG - Even if for a month, they made an income.
3) You eat the loss, and move on, they made an income.
4) Blanket banning works great for DBG, they hit 1 of your accounts, many of us play multiples. You now have the option of either eating that loss, or having remdag look into you specifically digging until he finds something you can't explain. Oh, you actually have 12 accounts? Let me ban those other 11 while you make sure all your i's are dotted and T's are crossed. - they made an income.

As of right now, they can not ban you because your IP address changes, that is far to common and they would have very few customers left at that angle. The accounts that do get banned well, as I said above. They either got a job well done or, I'm sorry for the fuck up. Either way its poor business ethic and they are digging for any valid reason on their end. Currently they are cracking down on all aspects towards account sales.

*if you have 2step set up on some accounts and not others, they now expect all to be set up with 2step
*if you try transfering a character from one account to another, all information is checked to ensure you are the OO of both accounts
*if you purchase a new account, you MUST set the information to match that of your current account before attempting any transfers. In the past they'd request the information, now they ban you and then request it.
*any payment from an outside source other than the country of origin is an instant redflag
*this is your account, not your wife's, not your brother's, if they add their CC on your account, it is a redflag. They expect you to either buy a prepaid or figure out an alternative way other than using someone elses card.

If a seller doesnt switch his IP for every batch, essentially even months down the road...both the buyer and or seller are at risk. All it takes is 1 person who doesn't know the proper steps to screw it up, and the digging begins. Leading Remdag to any account ever run on that IP address and or emails etc etc being linked. At that point its as simple as any and all links to said IP/person are banned without questioning.

There is still ways of avoiding Remdag, I however am not openly saying how because I enjoy making the twat scratch his head.

I've been lucky so far... no impact with my fleet of accounts.

1) Don't play on TLP
2) Never bought/sold accounts
3) I have purchased krono... maybe it's a time bomb!

*if you have 2step set up on some accounts and not others, they now expect all to be set up with 2step
*if you try transfering a character from one account to another, all information is checked to ensure you are the OO of both accounts
*if you purchase a new account, you MUST set the information to match that of your current account before attempting any transfers. In the past they'd request the information, now they ban you and then request it.
*any payment from an outside source other than the country of origin is an instant redflag
*this is your account, not your wife's, not your brother's, if they add their CC on your account, it is a redflag. They expect you to either buy a prepaid or figure out an alternative way other than using someone elses card.

All conjecture and no real facts.

Switching IPs sigh most useless thing here. Using a VPN even worse. It does not matter what IP you have. You're using the same PC so unless you're spoofing your hardware id or mac address which they can gather from the launcher they know its you.

You guys want my advice ?

#1 Stop RMTing on TLP servers and do not sell kronos to people who play on them.

You're not seeing bans on the "other" MQ2 site why do you think that is ? Because that site doesn't have any RMT on TLP servers to speak of really.

Here is the facts I have learned first hand. My first ban was on Fippy when I got too cocky and well pissed a lot of people off! Since than I have remained active and worked around whatever DBG throws our way. Before every new expansion release on the TLP's, a ban wave goes out. Do some digging and you will verify this for yourself. I already have, and have also seen it first hand at the time of. Word of mouth through friends, or posts on here or the TLP forums. DBG is grimey f*cks. Pardon the language but its true. The customer support features alone should reassure you how much they care about their customers. As many have said, the addiction is strong, and whether it be 5minutes, or 1month, you will either buy a new account, or more forward with starting over. I know this, and they know this even more so than I because they have logs of every time someone resubs, or is banned and figures out a way around it until they are banned again, or outsmart DBG, The cycle is vicious and endless.

Despite personal feelings towards "Remdag", who I think is a piece of sh*t, In DBG's eyes, the guy is probably Jesus Christ reincarnated. For every account banned on the TLP server, they either
A) Take a bunch of krono back that have already been purchased, and can not be "repurchased" earning DBG an income after the fact. Simply deleting them from the system - in the end someone is forced to buy more.
B) Force you to provide personal information by appealing your ban - You now have to prove who you are, and that you are the original owner.
Outcome - 1) You provide the information and they reinstate your account a few days later stating it could have been avoided for some bullshit excuse.
2) You cant provide the information, the account remains banned, a krono was consumed or a subscription was purchased through DBG - Even if for a month, they made an income.
3) You eat the loss, and move on, they made an income.
4) Blanket banning works great for DBG, they hit 1 of your accounts, many of us play multiples. You now have the option of either eating that loss, or having remdag look into you specifically digging until he finds something you can't explain. Oh, you actually have 12 accounts? Let me ban those other 11 while you make sure all your i's are dotted and T's are crossed. - they made an income.

As of right now, they can not ban you because your IP address changes, that is far to common and they would have very few customers left at that angle. The accounts that do get banned well, as I said above. They either got a job well done or, I'm sorry for the fuck up. Either way its poor business ethic and they are digging for any valid reason on their end. Currently they are cracking down on all aspects towards account sales.

If a seller doesnt switch his IP for every batch, essentially even months down the road...both the buyer and or seller are at risk. All it takes is 1 person who doesn't know the proper steps to screw it up, and the digging begins. Leading Remdag to any account ever run on that IP address and or emails etc etc being linked. At that point its as simple as any and all links to said IP/person are banned without questioning.

There is still ways of avoiding Remdag, I however am not openly saying how because I enjoy making the twat scratch his head.

I honestly think this thread bas gone to far and to many accusations are bring made now to where when i read some of the garbage coming from some peoples mouth on here it makes me doubt the closeness of this community , i pay for my accounts the way i see fit , i can not add williams12 to this replay with a replay to his quote cause i aint figured that out on tapatalk but this for him as well.

Not everyone has the freedom of paying for accounts as yall do and cant manage to pl people or establish a solid paypal account to use to pay for accounts with , and ues paypal does associate a purchase with a card. If your paypal balance was low and it withdrew from a account. They dont with a balance purchase thou.

My GF lives in my house. Is on my lease isnt going anywhere. If i choose to use her card i will. Fuck daybreak and anyone wanting to ban me because of it

I honestly think this thread bas gone to far and to many accusations are bring made now to where when i read some of the garbage coming from some peoples mouth on here it makes me doubt the closeness of this community , i pay for my accounts the way i see fit , i can not add williams12 to this replay with a replay to his quote cause i aint figured that out on tapatalk but this for him as well.

Not everyone has the freedom of paying for accounts as yall do and cant manage to pl people or establish a solid paypal account to use to pay for accounts with , and ues paypal does associate a purchase with a card. If your paypal balance was low and it withdrew from a account. They dont with a balance purchase thou.

My GF lives in my house. Is on my lease isnt going anywhere. If i choose to use her card i will. Fuck daybreak and anyone wanting to ban me because of it

From my understanding paypal does not share the source of the funds with the vendor.

From my understanding paypal does not share the source of the funds with the vendor.

Can verify and prove they do , is one of the ways paypal validates charge backs and payment refunds for stuff like amazon and ebay payments or returns and exchanges.

PayPal does not share the source of the funds. Paypal just shows that the payment came from PayPal, they leave it up to the owner of the account to determine how to pay for it. I have received dozens of payments through PayPal, both as a business and as family and neither shows how it was paid. Just that it was paid from another PayPal account.

Bans - Your account has been banned...
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back