• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bans - Your account has been banned... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what I know about GM's (Especially asshole Oakson)
1) Yes, they do check this site and other's. If you give too much info (IE: character gear), then your ass is grass.
2) Too many krono on the move if a red flag for them. They will see it. Big Red Flag.
3) Character transfers is another red flag if you are not OO/Legit. They will look deep into the account/character being transfer and will ban on the spot if something is amiss. (This is how I got nailed sadly via Oakson).
4) IP logings are stored. They see this easily (I know). If your login IP is waaay different than the original login IP, then it's a friggin red flag. And they will start digging.
5) Any stupid stuff done in game will get red flag. (IE: Box crews taking over camps and getting reported. Red Flag.)
6) People do narc on each other. It does happen.
7) Any CC info or even Full name linked to an account is bad for the simple reason: It's actual proof of OO, and anything that changes on the account (IE: name, address, another CC, phone) will get you banned.
8) Same goes with 2-step. You insert your phone number is same thing as IP login. They will know where the phone number is from and you will get red flag if you are from somewhere else (via IP login or if you change the number).

I think some of this is horseshit. How many of us have cell phone numbers from places we don't live anymore? I sure as hell do (military dude getting stationed all over the freakin world). Add to that that people fucking move. I'm in the middle of a move from Germany to somewhere stateside right now. Getting banned because an IP changed makes no sense. There might be instances where that is a factor, but the ONLY factor doesn't make sense.

I think some of this is horseshit. How many of us have cell phone numbers from places we don't live anymore? I sure as hell do (military dude getting stationed all over the freakin world). Add to that that people fucking move. I'm in the middle of a move from Germany to somewhere stateside right now. Getting banned because an IP changed makes no sense. There might be instances where that is a factor, but the ONLY factor doesn't make sense.

Suggest you re-read my statement on IP Loggins. Never said you get banned from it. They will start digging if you have different IP from different cities/regions.

PayPal does not share the source of the funds. Paypal just shows that the payment came from PayPal, they leave it up to the owner of the account to determine how to pay for it. I have received dozens of payments through PayPal, both as a business and as family and neither shows how it was paid. Just that it was paid from another PayPal account.

That's what ive been trying to say. I've run a website for a decade selling stuff and not once has paypal shared the source of the funds with me. There is no direct payment from you and the vendor its from paypal and the vendor.

I agree with this as well I do a lot of business on paypal they never share info besides here is the payment that is all you need

PayPal does not share the source of the funds. Paypal just shows that the payment came from PayPal, they leave it up to the owner of the account to determine how to pay for it. I have received dozens of payments through PayPal, both as a business and as family and neither shows how it was paid. Just that it was paid from another PayPal account.

I have a business account and i have done charge backs and ive had charge backs and ive had my information requested to prove purchase on many amazon and ebay purchases

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't think IPs changing is a red flag on its own. If so that is incredibly stupid and shows that they have no knowledge of how the Internet works.

I'm a full-time traveler and use mobile Internet. My IP literally changes almost every time I log into the game. Cell signal bounces? IP change. Go into town? IP change. Travel to the next location? IP change.

I've been traveling for several years now. If they were looking for IP changes then I would have been flagged years ago.

This also applies to business travelers who are going to different hotels, etc. Even IPs from your ISP are usually dynamically assigned and will change on a semi-regular basis.

What I suspect they're doing is going after the krono, as others said. If something draws their attention (player being reported for botting, large #s of krono changing hands, etc) and they decide to investigate, then IP changes could be one of the indicators they look at. For example, if AccountA and AccountB were both behind the same IP, then AccountA's IP changed and AccountB's didn't then that could be a signal to dig deeper.

I do think that them banning people with no recourse is absurd. They either have iron clad evidence for each ban or they're rolling the dice, hoping that no one cares enough to take them to small claims court over it.

On the face of it I agree that this whole thing is stupid. They're shooting themselves in the foot long term. The only thing I can think of is that they're playing accounting gimmicks and padding their numbers. If their fiscal year follows the calendar then they could definitely be trying to improve their #s by end of year.

Sooooooooo, now that all of this has been said. They have a Livestream coming up. I'm a tech retard, but some of you are not. It would be a shame if that PR event got "disrupted" wouldn't it? :devil:

Also, I recall back in FOH days, when someone messed with Furor's website, etc, he wouldn't just chill and take it. Just sayin...

Edit: don't do anything that will land you in jail but it's time to protest this garbage

You're not gonna pull their IP from a Twitch stream....
and they're more than likely playing from a dos protected connection.

Sooooooooo, now that all of this has been said. They have a Livestream coming up. I'm a tech retard, but some of you are not. It would be a shame if that PR event got "disrupted" wouldn't it? :devil:

Also, I recall back in FOH days, when someone messed with Furor's website, etc, he wouldn't just chill and take it. Just sayin...

Edit: don't do anything that will land you in jail but it's time to protest this garbage

Afterlife > FoH

just saying.. :P

It took 3 petitions from 3 different accounts to finally get an answer as to why my account was banned. The account was banned because I changed the info from the original persons information to my own. This told them the account changed hands and that is why my account was banned. it was an RMT and was over the time limit for any recompense from the seller. Yes I am upset, but this 1 ban was legit, so not I am just creating my own accounts and using PL service to get the characters back that I lost on the ban. It is going to take some time and will over double the cost of what I originally paid. Life does go on and well we just have to get smarter about the way we do it from now on.

don't change any of the information on the accounts leave the information except the email, but make a new email account that is not linked to any of your other accounts. create a second account and purchase your Kronos on that account with your info and pass the krono's over or just use one of your other accounts. this is about the only way to get around it. as for the 2fa there is a text messaging (Text Now free app) app that you can get on your phone and associated with the new email address. the 2fa sends a text message and then you have all the information they require. This is about the only way you are going to be able to get around this ban spree right now.

If anyone has anything to add on this I would truly appreciate it. This is just one way I am seeing to get around everything.

They're also starting to look through chat logs, including /tells. An explicit message suggesting RMT isn't necessarily what they look for - if there's a huge contrast between how the character/owner used to communicate and how they do now, it's a giant red flag.

A character never saying anything for 50-60 levels and then all of a sudden turning into a normal, social player is also a massive red flag.

They're also starting to look through chat logs, including /tells. An explicit message suggesting RMT isn't necessarily what they look for - if there's a huge contrast between how the character/owner used to communicate and how they do now, it's a giant red flag.

A character never saying anything for 50-60 levels and then all of a sudden turning into a normal, social player is also a massive red flag.

this seems extremely far fetched to me

They don't go out of their way to just randomly select characters to search through. It's more of a "might as well check this while we're already here" thing.

Yes. A year ago one of my almost-never-used accounts was banned and when I appealed, I got a fairly polite and communicative GM. Part of their belief that the account had changed hands was that the previous owner spoke no english while ingame - something the seller never told me - whereas I did. They didn't reply further when I asked what the language actually was, though.

They could have been messing with me, but I highly doubt it. And in hindsight, admitting that I didn't know the language was a mistake on my part.

This thread has gone far enough , to many accusations to many false information posts to many I know what is gonna happen posts..... This needs to be nothing but - I WAS = Banned = This is what they said and didn't say ... Shouldn't be no more what they gonna do what this what that ... nothing that happened a year ago..... this is just none sence mumble now taking up Forum space...

It's not nonsense. It's what they did to support their belief that the account changed hands.

You may not like how long ago it was, but it did happen. Just be smart and keep your in-game character/account activity ambiguous and discreet.

LOL this post is funny with every theory in the world on how GM's are tracking. All you people who have someone who work for DBG or know them very well.... LOL. The only person in this game that absolutely knows or has a better idea on what DBG is tracking is EQMule and only him. Majority of these replies in the thread are people from progression servers or do services on those servers. We know they are tracking EVERYTHING on those servers which is why EQMule has stated to stay clear of anything related to mq2,showeq, or RMT on them and people continue to do it.

Kronos is new currency across servers and its ridiculous that people are paying 35 kronos for rares. Do you not think that something like kronos would be tracked? They are a form of a game subscription and money. Account sales are even worse because EVERYTHING gets logged. If you acquire any account from someone and just simply change the password it will get logged including IP. It's a simple website that can grab a lot of information from your connection and it is legal.

I enjoy reading some of these post but 5 pages into it guys? really? This feels like the TLP section on EQ Boards of people who cry about everything. Grow the fuck up and if you do any crap on those servers you deserve to have your account taken away. If you don't like what they are doing, go play another game and stop support them.

Have had access to entire guilds worth of accounts, and trust me I have VERY different speech patterns then the original owners. Not one banning.

One of the accounts I currently have as "main" was given to me 2 years after release. We most definitely have different names. Have had to argue with DBG when CC expired. Have used store bought gift cards, debit cards, and other folks cards. Not one banning.

Had a friend re-activate an old guildies account that we both play, some 5 years ago or so. We live across the US fro each other, and most definitely have different names and typing patterns. Not one banning.

Of course, we stay off the TLP servers =)

Have had access to entire guilds worth of accounts, and trust me I have VERY different speech patterns then the original owners. Not one banning.

One of the accounts I currently have as "main" was given to me 2 years after release. We most definitely have different names. Have had to argue with DBG when CC expired. Have used store bought gift cards, debit cards, and other folks cards. Not one banning.

Had a friend re-activate an old guildies account that we both play, some 5 years ago or so. We live across the US fro each other, and most definitely have different names and typing patterns. Not one banning.

Of course, we stay off the TLP servers =)

Of course you can sit in on a twitch stream of a certain Xegony guild and hear people talk about "botting" this or that (mostly tradeskill crap) but still. Talking about that kind of thing in an open forum and I know for a fact members of that guild have direct associations with Daybreak. They have nothing to worry about because of a double standard at Daybreak. Yet someone on FV who shags a stray krono from this site gets nailed. Please.

If I could have 15 minutes, as the saying goes, to chat with Remdag, I would start out with that filthy retard on the subject of consistency. He and that company lack consistency in their enforcement.

Finally, Remtard also, I am convinced, thinks the game is "tainted beyond repair"(Put a few beers in him and I'm sure he'd rail against the very idea of the krono) and hence this banning crusade which many here see as harmful to the overall health of the game and which I believe is his way of "putting EQ out of its misery."

He's a sorry little man, no doubt complete with the obligatory smallpenis syndrome, who has the means, motive, and willingness to end EQ because he thinks he's doing everyone a favor.

It's not nonsense. It's what they did to support their belief that the account changed hands.

You may not like how long ago it was, but it did happen. Just be smart and keep your in-game character/account activity ambiguous and discreet.

this comment actually made me face palm myself.

Can we have a Admin - Mod lock this thread of delete it so no more " I know whats going on comments " happens ? please

this comment actually made me face palm myself.

Can we have a Admin - Mod lock this thread of delete it so no more " I know whats going on comments " happens ? please

while they may be misguided conspiracy type ways of looking at it why lock the thread there is no dangerous, illegal or even rude things being said just ideas (and yes most of us know that the truth is going to be far simpler) let em talk some are informative some are amusing both are valuable in there own way.

while they may be misguided conspiracy type ways of looking at it why lock the thread there is no dangerous, illegal or even rude things being said just ideas (and yes most of us know that the truth is going to be far simpler) let em talk some are informative some are amusing both are valuable in there own way.

this stuff needs to be in a private discord or something. daybreak is obviously reading this and in their usual months-behind fashion finding out what we know and don't know about their scans. and now you've got the EQ Veterans Lounge badwarriors in here gloating and wagging their little shit stalks at everyone because they're still bitter about how much resources the TLPS sap from the live server game, even though everyone knows that EQ would've sunset years ago without them.

this stuff needs to be in a private discord or something. daybreak is obviously reading this and in their usual months-behind fashion finding out what we know and don't know about their scans. and now you've got the EQ Veterans Lounge badwarriors in here gloating and wagging their little shit stalks at everyone because they're still bitter about how much resources the TLPS sap from the live server game, even though everyone knows that EQ would've sunset years ago without them.

my point exactly , None on here sept a hand full seem to understand These game companies have people that sub to this stuff to do self digging AKA motivational advertising to eliminate and delete negative sorce's like people Mqing EQ and or stealing ect..... to much shit on here has been said and I got a bad feeling the ban wave is fixing to get a lot worse because of it

i guess i already assume that if they put in the effort they will figure it out.. i suspect tlps profitability has brought this on if they are making more money from them then botters become a hindrance not a profit. but then i could just be coming up[ with my own conspiracy lol

i guess i already assume that if they put in the effort they will figure it out.. i suspect tlps profitability has brought this on if they are making more money from them then botters become a hindrance not a profit. but then i could just be coming up[ with my own conspiracy lol

One thing i may mention , my ftp account i purchased a krono from ourplat never had a cc on had all information filled oit and ftp , was my account was just banned. Got same message from remdawg camr to our attention this account has swaped hands. And all i did was buy krono from ourplat .

Maybe it is related to that dup krono shit from before they are digging into it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm OP. Got a PM asking me to delete the thread. I guess if Mods want it gone then go ahead and delete. I think there is a bunch of BS and some valuable info.
The account in question came from Playersauctions, sold by a seller who sells multiple accounts so this had to be an IP issue as the account never had user info set up and no KR traded hands. It did have 2 step verification.
I fear sending them emails to ask why. Dont want my other accounts banned too.

Dont delete the post. I look at every single thing posted on this subject to try to logically figure out a pattern or point that DB is using for their bans.

So I have a friend who was suspended today. 4 out of 5 of their accounts. Wondering if it's worth Fighting? Also I can't find ANY loggs of any GM interaction of any kind. Does that mean they were petitioned? Any Advice would be helpful Feel free to send it in PM form.

So I have a friend who was suspended today. 4 out of 5 of their accounts. Wondering if it's worth Fighting? Also I can't find ANY loggs of any GM interaction of any kind. Does that mean they were petitioned? Any Advice would be helpful Feel free to send it in PM form.

suspended or banned?

if suspended just let it go...thats actually a good thing tbh...most likely you got snitched on for afk playing too long in the same spot. buy a few things from daybreak. then carry on and be more attentive! oh and go gold!

Step one: Apply tinfoil hat. Step two: Exchange all your kronos for platinum so daybreak can't seize them for extra revenue! Am I even joking?

- - - Updated - - -

i think you're digging a little too deep there, they don't have time for the personality profiling it would take to go after people in such a way.

Step one: Apply tinfoil hat. Step two: Exchange all your kronos for platinum so daybreak can't seize them for extra revenue! Am I even joking?

- - - Updated - - -

i think you're digging a little too deep there, they don't have time for the personality profiling it would take to go after people in such a way.

trading plat instead of krono is infinitely safer, RMT wise :)

daybreak had an entire task force on me last spring. it was crazy.

I'm OP. Got a PM asking me to delete the thread. I guess if Mods want it gone then go ahead and delete. I think there is a bunch of BS and some valuable info.
The account in question came from Playersauctions, sold by a seller who sells multiple accounts so this had to be an IP issue as the account never had user info set up and no KR traded hands. It did have 2 step verification.
I fear sending them emails to ask why. Dont want my other accounts banned too.

Please don't delete the post. Deleting the post limits the amount of information available. All that does is hurt everyone in the long run.

We don't need to delete it but lock it. At this point the topic has got way overboard to every theory in the world and all it does is speculate things that people really have no clue about.

My friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend who works for DBG in HR dept heard about SOE banning accounts... OMFG!!! Move on and stop posting on this damn post it's useless information at this point.

We don't need to delete it but lock it. At this point the topic has got way overboard to every theory in the world and all it does is speculate things that people really have no clue about.

My friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend who works for DBG in HR dept heard about SOE banning accounts... OMFG!!! Move on and stop posting on this damn post it's useless information at this point.

I dunno, I kind of prefer seeing one larger thread where people are talking instead of 20 different posts talking about the same stuff.

Bans - Your account has been banned...
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back