• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - This login requires that the account be activated. Daybreak what is this? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,116¢
Some of my accounts are getting this message now.

"This login requires that the account be activated. Please make sure your account is active in order to login."

These are accounts several years old, but with clean billing info, some Free2Play, some Silver, some All-Access.

This is the famed 2FA that Daybreak wants to push down our throats?

What did you have to do to activate? I take you need to provide a phone number...

EDIT: Apparently some of my accounts are banned now, wtf is this. Consistency DBG, consistency

EDIT2: some really old accounts that I have not played in a while are banned while some are not, it is like DBG took a shotgun to account database.
Some of the banned accounts did not even use MQ, sigh...

It has happened to 5 members or so here, maybe 6 and If I recall correctly william12 said yesterday or so he had a ticket in for 3 days at the time of his post - or maybe im retarded.

So, let's say 5 people affected, the issue has been around for 1 week or so.

There aren't any posts on Daybreak's forums about anyone being banned or reporting a similar login issue with the "banned" message playj said. Does anyone else find that rather odd?

Arguably let's slap a random percentage on how users here are seeing this exact problem; 5%. You'd think that users outside of Redguides would be having this issue too with how many of us here have seen it; which would mean a post in the Player Support forums about the issue. It's strrange there aren't any.

This has happened to me on one of my older accounts. I hadn't used it in a while, booted it up to roll a box, and boom, this error.

It's different from their generic you've been banned message.

So far this seems to have happened to accounts that used Krono or handled Krono at some point. Not really TLP related but not sure.

However, some accounts had not been used for half a year.

Two old accounts very similar: one banned, one not

Trying to find a common denominator, but too early to say.

Let's hope Daybreak cleans up their act, they will lose a lot of business.

It's the same message we saw during chargebacks...

(If they're related) I wonder if someone charged back a massive excess of kronos... If so - how far back can you even realistically go? How can you dispute a 6 month old krono purchase? lol

Yeah, this is so bizarre, I mean I could understand a blanket ban at least for some offense, but this seems really arbitrary.

I lost accounts I created this year but I also lost a few accounts created in March of 16, 1999 so that sucks really bad, no way to get back since the accounts came from old guildies who have long since quit.

The only thing in common is that they all had handled at least a few Krono at some point. I mean I have been paying for All-Access with Kronos for a few years now.

Heck, DBG should be thanking me for taking Krono out of the game lol.

Happened to me and that wasn't a ban or something like that. Sometimes, in terms of security, you need to confirm the adresse mail you used to create the account. I received a mail from dbg on the mail adress i use, with a link in it to confirm the activation of the account. Once done, no problem to log in.

I think you guys are getting a different error. The one Playj mentioned when you try to log in on the website it says that the account was banned, meaning you have to make another account to submit a ticket or use another account.

It's not as simple as confirming the email or setting up secret question and answer.

I've attached a screenshot of what I think some of you are experiencing. I have experienced this a few times myself. It has always been under the same circumstances: I have created an account on the everquest website, then tried to log in to the game without using the launchpad (eqgame.exe patchme). To resolve this, all I had to do was log in using the launchpad. It seems that when you create an account on the everquest website, it's just creating a DayBreak account, and it's not flagged for EQ/inserted in to their EQ accounts DB table until you log in for the first time using the launchpad. Are these perhaps accounts that you have not logged in to via the launchpad?
Untitled.png

Are these perhaps accounts that you have not logged in to via the launchpad?

It's not that issue. When you see the error message playj said in the original post trying to login to the website will say you're banned. Which is why a later edit/update of his said "WTF it seems some of the accounts are banned". He probably made his post before trying the EQ website, then he did and discovered that his error message was actually a ban.

Yeah, what Lurk said, sadly these accounts are actually banned.

The Drognir's message I know but this is not it. All my accounts have a verified e-mail (unique to each)

As far as I can tell this was triggered by an account sale in the last week or so and the buyer attempting to quickly combine the accounts with his existing account.
EDIT: This coincided with the Daybreak payment processing issues, so might have been a factor.

This was the first ban report on my accounts in the last 10 years.

Then I got a few more reports, then my own accounts started getting hit.

Rich (BB code):
"The accounts have been permanently banned because it has come to our attention that they have changed hands, which is not something we allow.

Lead GM Remdag

So Remdag is on a rampage it seems. Does he really think no one changes account ownership these days?

Mad Dog Remdag on the loose again! Hide yo clerics, Hide yo bards, he bannin' e'erbody!

I bet Remdag has a club like the Monk had in Gangs of New York, a notch for each ban.

Rich (BB code):
"The accounts have been permanently banned because it has come to our attention that they have changed hands, which is not something we allow.

Lead GM Remdag

So Remdag is on a rampage it seems. Does he really think no one changes account ownership these days?

I'm curious what classifies as "exchanged hands"

If your friend logs on to PL you, is that exchanged hands?

If you let your brother from out of state play one of your boxs for a few months out of the year, does that mean it changes hands?

I'm not even a big account sharer but I let a friend play one or two of my toons occasionally. It seems like they're gonna keep shrinking the acceptability gap on this account sharing and buying/selling shit.

I'm curious what classifies as "exchanged hands"

If your friend logs on to PL you, is that exchanged hands?

If you let your brother from out of state play one of your boxs for a few months out of the year, does that mean it changes hands?

I'm not even a big account sharer but I let a friend play one or two of my toons occasionally. It seems like they're gonna keep shrinking the acceptability gap on this account sharing and buying/selling shit.

yeah i've logged friends toons in on my pc before to help loot something while they're offline.. if that constitutes it, they have their head up their ass.. good luck with future business!

I concur, it must have been a payment change that triggered it.

First banned account went from having no billing info to somebody putting in CC info.

Still why did it affect SOME of my other accounts where no info was changed?

Oh well, time to take a break from EQ for a while.

"This login requires that the account be activated. Please make sure your account is active in order to login."

That is the same message I got 3 days ago on my two accounts.
Finally got a response from DBG today stating they banned them because i didnt set up 2 step Verification.

They had me provide all my info, set up 2 step. and then they unlocked the accounts.
Frustrating that they didnt warn me ahead of time and just went straight to Ban.

Finally heard back from DBG after 4 days and they said I had to add 2-step to the account. I wrote back trying to get more information, and will post it if it's anything worth while. I hate extra security measures on accounts, and this type of tactic just pisses me off.

My brother gave me his Cleric account years ago talking when planes of power came out and his account had his own Credit Card details and address ect and I changed it all over to my own details and have never had a problem. dunno if its because we share the same surname but I still use the account till this day.

I bought account from playj just recently no issues here but I will add I always give 30+ days when purchasing account before changing email and password just so new IP login doesn't throw instant ban hammer down with info changed. Does this actually do anything? Fuck if I know but just little something I do and reason why I only buy verified members or someone with long tenure with redguides so you know 99% of time you wont be screwed over by leaving account info the same for a bit

Yeah, it seems Daybreak actually does not want people paying for their accounts.

Changing owners or even playing on someone's else account has always been against Sony/Daybreak EULA since 1999.

However for the last few years it has been pretty much the same as MQ use on regular servers, sort of *wink*wink* we'll ignore it as long as you do not do something really bad and give us money.

So maybe now DBG has decided to really crack down on account transfers. We shall see.

To those who appeared to be banned and then had to set up 2FA to restore account:

What did you do, just file an appeal, with all the msinfo and dxdiag stuff?

None of my accounts have/had 2FA and now it seems all my accounts are banned this includes level 1 newbies who never even used MQ.

This is not related to single IP either nor to a single e-mail.

So befuddled now.

I put a ticket in and 4 days later someone named Mike S. responded and said I needed to do 2-step. I completed the 2-step, but the account is still banned. I still can not play the account 2 days later and have received no further responses to my first ticket or the second ticket.

I put a ticket in and 4 days later someone named Mike S. responded and said I needed to do 2-step. I completed the 2-step, but the account is still banned. I still can not play the account 2 days later and have received no further responses to my first ticket or the second ticket.

Did he tell you that you needed to do 2 step to be assisted? That's kind of what happen to me, but It was unrealted to this banning issue.

My character got rolled back during a patch and I submitted a ticket and Dunbar told me that I needed to add 2 step before they would be willing to advance the ticket further; IE solve my problem

Here is the message.

Sorry about the delay. Before we can release the account we will need you to add 2-factor authentication for security reasons. You can find instructions on how to do so here: How Do I Set Up 2-Step Authentication

Please let us know if you encounter any issues along the way!

Regards,

Mike S.
Daybreak Games

Here is the message.

Sorry about the delay. Before we can release the account we will need you to add 2-factor authentication for security reasons. You can find instructions on how to do so here: How Do I Set Up 2-Step Authentication

Please let us know if you encounter any issues along the way!

Regards,

Mike S.
Daybreak Games

Kinda messed up they haven't responded since AND haven't unbanned you. You'd assume they wouldn't just leave a customer hanging over something like this.

Question - This login requires that the account be activated. Daybreak what is this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back