• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - This login requires that the account be activated. Daybreak what is this? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,116¢
Some of my accounts are getting this message now.

"This login requires that the account be activated. Please make sure your account is active in order to login."

These are accounts several years old, but with clean billing info, some Free2Play, some Silver, some All-Access.

This is the famed 2FA that Daybreak wants to push down our throats?

What did you have to do to activate? I take you need to provide a phone number...

EDIT: Apparently some of my accounts are banned now, wtf is this. Consistency DBG, consistency

EDIT2: some really old accounts that I have not played in a while are banned while some are not, it is like DBG took a shotgun to account database.
Some of the banned accounts did not even use MQ, sigh...

[h=1]2-Step Verification[/h][FONT=&quot]There has been an error processing your request. We apologize for the inconvenience.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2-Step Verification is currently: OFF

[/FONT]

I was able to setup 2 step verification yesterday on 6 accounts but I got this message when trying to do my 7th account. Still getting this error today, how are we supposed to set this up if they cannot even have the page working right wtf DB get it together. I don't wanna waste time going through appeals!

[h=1]2-Step Verification[/h][FONT="]There has been an error processing your request. We apologize for the inconvenience.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#4F4F4F][FONT="]2-Step Verification is currently: OFF

[/FONT]

I was able to setup 2 step verification yesterday on 6 accounts but I got this message when trying to do my 7th account. Still getting this error today, how are we supposed to set this up if they cannot even have the page working right wtf DB get it together. I don't wanna waste time going through appeals!

I've been signing up a shit ton of my own accounts, I usually can only do 6 a day before they "block" me for the rest of the day then I clear my cookies and try again later the next day and it usually lets me get another 6 in before im blocked.

It's really stupid but I guess an upside is be glad you only gotta clear your cookies once and do one more account!

They're not banning accounts because you're letting other people log in. Maybe payment change info, address, etc something was changed that triggered it.

MY 3 accounts were banned because , my CC went inactive i didnt Activate my new one cause i didnt have it , so i put my wifes CC info on it , and the CC info and Adress of her CC is different then mine , she had it before we met. and my 3 accounts were perma banned because of this.... they will not reverse it. sad to say im done with EQ Tech not my wife , Fiance.. just mine as well be

Btw, they do these bans in waves and apparently manually. (

My last batch of accounts were banned on Sunday. Hope Remdog got overtime pay.

Oh well, it was fun EQ. :(

I don't know how Raz and william get their accounts back, because once they look into deeper into accounts it is pretty much over.

I mean we are all technically breaking EULA, so they can ban at any time.

What happened is this:

• I sold a few clean accounts without any billing info.
  • Buyer tried to combine the accounts with his existing account by adding billing info
  • Buyer Got banned
  • All my accounts slowly got banned over a period of 10 days

A few factors might have been in play:
  • First time in a long time selling something on RG.
  • Changed ISPs recently. Still using multiple IPs.
  • Just the general Daybreak ineptitude with payment processing might have contributed. As evidenced by people on Daybreak forums having problems the week before.

I suppose I can try petitioning.

It is Daybreak's world after all.

I'll also extend my helping hand to you Mr. Playj if something isnt resolved if you needed. Don't want to lose someone like you in our community

In my experience petitioning will lead to more investigation and if you had any other accounts left they'll get hit. So if you sell accounts, dont petition imo. Then again if the people who bought your accounts petition youll probably get screwed as well. This is why account sales on TLP at least is a bad idea since the beginning of agnarr. Here you think you're getting away with it and they're just collecting information and hitting everyone in bulk.

source - personal experience lulz

MY 3 accounts were banned because , my CC went inactive i didnt Activate my new one cause i didnt have it , so i put my wifes CC info on it , and the CC info and Adress of her CC is different then mine , she had it before we met. and my 3 accounts were perma banned because of this.... they will not reverse it. sad to say im done with EQ Tech not my wife , Fiance.. just mine as well be

Yeah it's pretty lame. Had a friend get his accounts banned because his credit card company thought it was fraud and denied it, so they banned the accounts even after he proved it was fraud prevention and he fixed it. another reason to use krono even if you're a legit person you get screwed.

Question - This login requires that the account be activated. Daybreak what is this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back