• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Toons stopping to cast while following question (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,858¢
Hi,

I am using the macro command:

/bca //camphere off
/pause 03
/bca //stick id ${Me.ID} 5 uw

This works great EXCEPT every so often I will see a caster fall behind the group because it has stopped to change a spell gem or start casting a needed buff on the group. I have to stop and wait for the toon to cycle through and start to re-follow. Right now it is just annoying but I can see future problems where I am running the group to try and avoid a mob pathing towards me and one of my casters decides to stop and cast a spell. So my question is: Am I missing a command in my macro or is there a setting somewhere else in KissAssist that I should look at? Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Also should mention I am loading MQ2MoveUtils and didn't see an obvious setting in the plugin.

Last edited:
i recommend making them invis first, or pause their macros before running?

/bca //mqp to pause em all

or like /bct anytoonwithperfectedinvisAA //alt activate 1210 (or what the new invis aa is post this patch)

put that after you turn camphere off...

i tend to move my guys around with dual invis going, as well as paused macs.. no risk of anyone breaking it.. its a quick command to hit /bcga //mqp to get everyone acting when needed..

Thanks LorDeth,

I guess I should have stated that I play on a TLP server (not Aggnar!) and dont have an easy way to invis all my toons so would only do that manually for a really long move. Most of the moves I am making now are short moves through LDoN to reset to a new camp a little closer to where I will pull from. I like and will try the

/bca //mqp

command but will need to know what is the command to turn macros back on when we get to the new camp spot. I have a macro that unsticks and turns camphere back on and would need to know what command would get the macros quickly running again.

Thanks for taking the time respond, AnotherJohn

Thanks LorDeth,

I guess I should have stated that I play on a TLP server (not Aggnar!) and dont have an easy way to invis all my toons so would only do that manually for a really long move. Most of the moves I am making now are short moves through LDoN to reset to a new camp a little closer to where I will pull from. I like and will try the

/bca //mqp

command but will need to know what is the command to turn macros back on when we get to the new camp spot. I have a macro that unsticks and turns camphere back on and would need to know what command would get the macros quickly running again.

Thanks for taking the time respond, AnotherJohn

Oops sorry i didnt mention that mqp is a toggle.. Thanks Saar for catching that :)

Wow,
You guys are fast. Went off looking for more info on /mqp. Didn't find anything but found the slash command /mqpause which will toggle but will also allow me to use on or off with the command also. I like using the on or off if I can, since sometimes a toon can get out of sync for some reason and will always be on when others are off and getting the toons back in sync can be difficult and sometimes it takes a while to even figure out they are out of sync. (Why is that toon doing THAT?)

So, is /mqp just a short name for /mqpause? If so, can it be used with on and off? If not, can the /mqpause be used instead of /mqp in my macro and get me the same results?

Thanks saar and thanks again LorDeth

I know my answer to this is a little late, though, I wanted to share what I have been using lately and with great success:

Social Name: STICK ON
Rich (BB code):
/pause 2, /bcga //camphere off
/pause 2, /bcga //mqp on
/pause 2, /bcg //tar [TankName]
/bcg //stick uw 10

Social Name: STICK OFF
Rich (BB code):
/pause 2, /bcga //stick off
/bcga //mqp off

I have used these two in all of EoK. If something happens I immediately hit my STICK OFF key and take control of whatever aggro is happening. I can run right into the middle of a group of invis seeing mobs and take them all at once without issue! Thanks to KA and all the work that has been done with things like Mez Routines and all.

Not really for TLP servers but here is my Invis button also...

Social Name: Double Invis
Rich (BB code):
/pause 1, /bcg //tar ${Me.ID}
/pause 1, /bct [Caster1] //alt act 280 # GP IVU= 280
/bct [Caster2] //alt act 1210 # GP Invis= 1210

- - - Updated - - -

I personally like using /mqp on & /mqp off switches as they Force the pausing and unpausing in one direction. Just in case I happen to have one toon already Paused its not going to swap to Unpaused and start casting like a dumbass.

Thanks TheFiddler,

Not late at all, I am just back from testing LorDeth's suggestion. It worked so I thought I would come back and post the working macros incase someone else looks at this later. What I used was as follows:

Follow hotkey:

/bca //camphere off
/pause 03
/bca //mpq on
/pause 03
/bca //stick id ${Me.ID} 5 uw

Stop following hotkey:

/bca //stick off
/pause 03
/bca //mqp off
/pause 03
/bca //camphere on

I ran toons for almost an hour and didn't have one toon fall behind trying to cast, yay. I am sure there are a lot of ways to get a group to follow and I will play around with /chase at some point and will try the hotkeys you have also TheFiddler. Thanks all for the suggestions, it is nice to have group follow running smoothly.

Last edited:
Question - Toons stopping to cast while following question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back