• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Account banned (1 Viewer)

Trax540

RedCents
531¢
Does anyone know whats involved in appealing an account ban?
I was logged into all my toons. I did a quick PC reboot, and when i reloaded it says 2 of my accounts are banned. Which happens to be both of my healers =/
Ive not recieved any emails stating any offense or stating ban, which i know they usually send out.

Just curious if its a slim to none chance of reinstatement, or if theres a good way to go about it.

Thanks much!

I just got a shaman banned on sunday on a TLP server, account has not run MQ2 on it in years since its on phinny now. No email from DBG, no response to petition yet.

Seems like shamans and clerics getting hit for no reason even on servers you cant run mq2 on, weird.

Had one of my six banned couple days ago. They want you to setup the 2 step verification. You have to provide a phone number and they send a code. Took two and a half days to get to the bottom of it. Set it up for my other accounts. Good to go.

Ugh none of my accounts are setup yet for secret question and answer... Not cause I have anything to hide but because the process is so fucking tedious. Daybreak gives you like 2min to enter the code after it's sent, sometimes it doesn't arrive then you gotta wait for another. It's such a fucking hassal.

I haven't had any bans yet but I guess I should be expecting them if all they want you to do is set up the two step

Yeah that account had issues with my secret answer. it wouldn't recognize any of the normal ones I used. Ever... I had one account they had to manually reset that for me after 5 days of arguing and also threatening to cancel all my accounts.. If they permaban this toon. I'll be pretty upset over this one. Due to the age and all the work I've done on it since 99.... AND, they still haven't fix the 2 factor auth on my shammy account either... The answer isn't right on that one either for some reason.

This thread has inspired me to add 2 step to the majority of my accounts over the next few days. I've contacted support recently (in the last 3 months) and before they'd even answer my ticket/assist me they told me to add 2 step to my account which i thought was weird as hell. Now they're apparently banning/suspending people and saying Oopsie well add 2 step and we'll lift it... That's just dumb. Talk about fearmongering on Daybreaks part.

You win this round Daybreak.

- - - Updated - - -

I got through adding it to 7 accounts before their services crashed on me and told me to try again another time.

kirkomg.jpg.c2272c9f8511d77095ec8bb67b594dc1.jpg

My theory is that Daybreak has some problem with payment gateway and is flagging some/many CC transactions as fraudulent.

CC stuff is what causes instabans.

So if someone bought fresh Kronos via CC and that CC was flagged (by error or not does not matter), it would cause a ban.

Remember the only thing that DBG and its oligarch owner cares is money.

So ironically they are losing money by not handling payments properly.

I concur with playj on this. Though I find the whole coincidence on peoples clerics being banned (and shamans?) and not all of the toons associated with the cc in question not making sense if what playj says turns out to be what is going on atm.

The whole CC flagging can be done from say Chase bank, if they notice a purchase on a card to a Chinese company and you live in Idaho...there might be a marker that goes to DGB that puts a flag on that same card account holder, due to DBG's in game items ie kronos and what not.

I doubt DBG has a dedicated credit card detective lol so the easiest thing to do is just insta ban that cc holders account and let the account holder do the work for them by petitioning and explaining...

All my toons are on same CC. 12 total and only 2 of 4 healers banned. Still no word from DBG, AND I already have 2 step on all accounts. Getting very aggravated about this and makes me want to cancel every toons all access and say F*&k it.

Trax there might be two issues going on here:

1. 1st some ahole on Vox reporting healers
  2. Daybreak's payment processor problems

There are a bunch of people on Daybreak support forums who have experienced problems with CC over the weekend.

Well, I got both my accounts back today.
DBG responded saying my accounts were banned because of 2 step Verification. What kind of BS is that. You think maybe you could send me an email saying " Hey, your 2 step isnt activated, you need to do that or we will lock out the account..
Naaa just Ban the account for 3 days and dont even send me an email.

Well at least in the end I am able to play those toons again. Hopefully everyone else is because of same issue and not Perma banned.!

Well, I got both my accounts back today.
DBG responded saying my accounts were banned because of 2 step Verification. What kind of BS is that. You think maybe you could send me an email saying " Hey, your 2 step isnt activated, you need to do that or we will lock out the account..
Naaa just Ban the account for 3 days and dont even send me an email.

Well at least in the end I am able to play those toons again. Hopefully everyone else is because of same issue and not Perma banned.!

"Because of" like because you didn't have it or was there a problem with it?

I just got back an account that got hit on Sunday as well. The other 4 accounts that were created 6 years ago with it are untouched.
The say it was "locked for suspicious activity" and needed 2FA to unlock.
I set it on all my other accounts to avoid this stupid process again.

They seem to be cracking down on ccount verification in general. I bought EoK on 4 accounts, none of which have a valid email associated with them or any secret question, and had no issues. (always use Paypal btw, ever a CC directly) I bought it on one other toon two days ago and while I wasn't locked out of my account, I couldn't access TBM or EoK zones. I logged out and in a couple times and sure enough, said I owned only 21 of 23 expansions. I went to file a ticket and it said I needed to register my email address to do so, so I did; then it said I needed to set a secret question answer, so I did. Expansion now worked.

Not sure what they are up to but all of this doesn't feel good to me...

My main 2 accounts weren?t banned , accounts that have multiple cc info on them all I use is krono on them and he?ll they are accounts i made in 99 I have no information to them cancer surgery moving daughter passing can?t find any of there info and they were not touched and don?t have step 2 set up just my ftp accounts that I use with warrior and cleric

wheni recently had to enter a new cc, cuase my dumb ass dropped my wallet, and i locked my cc, one of my accounts didnt have any information entered, it was an old account, maybe 13 years old, but was just created as a 2nd accouint bakc when i played eq2, so its origin was albania and its currency was us dollars, things you cannnot change, i could not register my new cc at all, the cc currency and location did not match with the information on creation and currency, had to spend a week talking back and forth to get it resolved.

i beliueve i read somewhere on here they did that to crack down on selling and trading accounts, making it harder to do, maybe this is another step they attempting? and it went wrong for them?

So they are banning every account that doesn't have 2 step verification? None of my accounts have it, and I've been able to log into the game.

Although, I haven't made any payments directly to Daybreak in a year (when I bought expansions for 12 of my accounts).

I really don't want to do 2-step verification for 100ish accounts..hope there is a work around for this.

So they are banning every account that doesn't have 2 step verification? None of my accounts have it, and I've been able to log into the game.

Although, I haven't made any payments directly to Daybreak in a year (when I bought expansions for 12 of my accounts).

I really don't want to do 2-step verification for 100ish accounts..hope there is a work around for this.

I've given some thought about what could have flagged these people because Remdag *must* be getting the list of accounts from somewhere. He's individually banning people and it would take years to do every account ever made.

Therefore I think anyone whose made a purchase recently on an account flags that account for 2step required. I'm going to assume everyone here recently upgraded their accounts to EoK and that's what flagged them.

The only good thing about this is Daybreak will lose business, and once they do, they will rethink what their doing with this 2 step nonsense banning. Guess, we will just have to wait it out till Daybreak realizes this is a dumb idea financially.

Mine wasn?t clerics and they have had eok since release just no 2 step I don?t share accounts and those I sell haven?t had issues these are day 1 accounts that are max aa max progression I let go ftp and still used them I?m assuming they are pissed eok offers ftp gear that allows 105 toons a viable sorce in eq cutting out funding for multiple accounts and banning them I still have yet to receive a email petition going on day 2 with 0 response

After reading all of this it appears not be an MQ2 issue at all. Either some weird verification thing from daybreak or maybe RMT related. I am just not seeing anything about it being for Boxing.

but the other asshat is still there, and i doubt the namechanger has really left, he said he done that before and then he returned under a new name.

Question - Account banned

Users who are viewing this thread

Back