• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Account banned (1 Viewer)

Trax540

RedCents
531¢
Does anyone know whats involved in appealing an account ban?
I was logged into all my toons. I did a quick PC reboot, and when i reloaded it says 2 of my accounts are banned. Which happens to be both of my healers =/
Ive not recieved any emails stating any offense or stating ban, which i know they usually send out.

Just curious if its a slim to none chance of reinstatement, or if theres a good way to go about it.

Thanks much!

I will send the email just to inquire, and that is in fact how it went down Pretty odd that i could play until i relog IMO.. But it does also state they will want msinfo and dxdiag files to reverse it.
Thats what has me thinkin im screwed.

On Vox, I was in scorched woods, then took all toons in guild lobby. I camped out toons to reboot computer and when i went to log back in 2 of my toons says banned

Trax,

I had a very similar thing happen, I logged out Sunday night and went to log in Monday evening and my cleric account was banned. None of my other 13 accounts were hit, just the cleric account. I never received an email and have a ticket open for almost 24hours without response. My cleric account is one of my main accounts and is always gold, and I never do business on that account. Just strange.

I am curious as to what led to this, typically you would get an email and a response from DBG.

I am not saying I am an angel, but this is one of the few accounts I try to keep clean. I don't even hold Krono on it, just trade it from one of my other 2 accounts that I use to hold it.

If it was for one of the regular reasons I would expect to see more than just one of my 13 accounts affected. Like the Krono holding accounts at least.

Whats funny is that I also play on Vox, was in SW on Sunday, and its a cleric account. But it only hit one cleric account not both, so pretty similar to the original post.

Well, I sent two tickets to DBG, with very little hope of even hearing back from them Since others are still waiting for days. Let alone an outcome that I am going to want.
Pretty odd that I was in game without issues and simply banned on two toons just from a restart.
Wouldnt you think if there was offense that they would have removed me from game while i was active?

And why ONLY my cleric and Shaman? Something stinks =/ with the whole situation. I have over 15 years on most of my toons and they are all Gold.
No krono transactions on either of the banned accounts.

Its probably that guy we all know on vox that has changed his tactics, reporting the healers for botting, that way he probably thinks he can destroy the groups that box.

Did you ever see all the BS you have to do to appeal a ban? If they are banning healers en-masse.. This is going to cause me to actually leave EQ for good. That's 12 accounts I won't be paying for anymore.

I'm worried about my 3 groups I just upgraded all to EoK and my 3 clerics lol, I might have to fork up the money for William's instance stuff to stay safer

Are you all playing on Vox?

If so it makes sense that this is someones new strategy for reporting players, most of us only have audio triggers on our tanks so reporting chars whom ARENT our tanks are much easier to hit since a tell to them doesn't set off our bells and whistles

*wipes brow*

Both my clerics are good. I logged in a few toons yesterday for the first time in a while and they were fine, too. I'm NOT on Vox, however.

DBG has never cared about just one account for AFK, if they hit one They hit everyone around you. I have even had friends who were afk near me get a suspension when I did for AFK play.

It's just weird that the have not even responded to the tickets yet. It's has never taken longer than 24 hours for me to get a response to a ticket.

DBG has never cared about just one account for AFK, if they hit one They hit everyone around you. I have even had friends who were afk near me get a suspension when I did for AFK play.

That's been my experience as well

The only other thing that would make sense is maybe you guys are using the MMObugs compile too and have something like Fastmem/Instamem? It was just talked about in level 2 which is the only reason it even occurs to me now. If all your clerics were caught - and only your clerics - maybe it's related.

Now if you ask "why not all my casters" i wouldnt know, this is a weird occurance none the less just tossing out ideas. There has to be some sort of connection

That's been my experience as well

The only other thing that would make sense is maybe you guys are using the MMObugs compile too and have something like Fastmem/Instamem? It was just talked about in level 2 which is the only reason it even occurs to me now. If all your clerics were caught - and only your clerics - maybe it's related.

Now if you ask "why not all my casters" i wouldnt know, this is a weird occurance none the less just tossing out ideas. There has to be some sort of connection

Doubt this has anything to do with another compile. There are too many people on Vox experiencing this for it to be a coincidence.

Question - Account banned

Users who are viewing this thread

Back