• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - A sleeping giant has awakened and is ready to join KissAssist and Auto Macros (1 Viewer)

Surprised to see this... thought modbot went the way of the dinosaurs after kissassist and the various other plugins/macros available out there undercut its popularity.

Interested in seeing what this brings to the table.

I tried Zbot and Modbot they were ok. Never found anything good till rogue helper, back when i first started using mq2 I would only use map and basic melee functions I would manually play all 5 toons in a raid......Kissassist helped a lot.

Modbot is like the ultimate "if you can think it up this can somehow do it" macro.

It allows for scripting at all sorts of levels, so if you have that special spell you only want to fire when soandso mob is licking it's lips or fingering it's ear, this is suppose to make it happen.

Woobs has put a LOT of time into the macro is keeping it going, including learning how to edit plugins to allow for additional features for modbot.

It is NOT for beginners, or even intermediate users. You need to know your shit when setting this up. It has a decent enough following on the source boards with some helpful folks, but you are definitely going to need to know how to interact with MQ2 scripts.

---------

My take on MB anyways. Thought about using it more then once. I like how, for instance, you can set it up to log over to your traders and have them fire up, or even start another macro on the trader. Would make logging out that much faster/more automated.

ZBot is definitely alive and well.

It was privately updated and passed around recently all over Ragefire.

What I found to be most convenient about ZBot over KA was the ability to change INI's on-the-go from in game as well as being able to control target switching easily. I haven't used KA in almost 3 years though so I'm not sure what new features it got.

Updated to work on TLP maybe but it doesn't support the new EQ live server features like mercs.
ZBot was easy to use. It inspired a lot of the user friendly features of Kiss

Mask, I updated it for Live EoK when I was boxing over on FV earlier this year. I haven't distributed my private version to anyone and have actually merged it with a version another friend had updated for TLP, specifically a few PoP raid encounters that were tricky.

It was a lot of work. As of right now though, I'm hanging up the EQ hat.

I don't do TLP

I was more saying tongue and cheek that certain people should have never been shown macroquest. I remember it being a thing you kept secret, you denied it vehemently up and down even with unmistakable proof. Thankfully warping and other active hacks aren't really a thing anymore. They would be abused to the likes that no one would have ever seen. And I was here for the days when the devs used to patch in anti /warp code to break plugins every new patch lol.

Mask, I updated it for Live EoK

:rolleyes:

I was more saying tongue and cheek that certain people should have never been shown macroquest. I remember it being a thing you kept secret, you denied it vehemently up and down even with unmistakable proof. Thankfully warping and other active hacks aren't really a thing anymore. They would be abused to the likes that no one would have ever seen. And I was here for the days when the devs used to patch in anti /warp code to break plugins every new patch lol.

Please do not taint this awesome news with TLP drama

Modbot is like the ultimate "if you can think it up this can somehow do it" macro.

It allows for scripting at all sorts of levels, so if you have that special spell you only want to fire when soandso mob is licking it's lips or fingering it's ear, this is suppose to make it happen.

Woobs has put a LOT of time into the macro is keeping it going, including learning how to edit plugins to allow for additional features for modbot.

It is NOT for beginners, or even intermediate users. You need to know your shit when setting this up. It has a decent enough following on the source boards with some helpful folks, but you are definitely going to need to know how to interact with MQ2 scripts.

---------

My take on MB anyways. Thought about using it more then once. I like how, for instance, you can set it up to log over to your traders and have them fire up, or even start another macro on the trader. Would make logging out that much faster/more automated.

This is the correct answer: Expert Level Required

Last edited:
In layman's terms, Modbot = macros inside macros, i.e. custom scripts inside a macro.

For example, you have a complex raid you are going to play your toon on, using modbot you can make a script for that specific raid to automate your toon to do various functions for that specific event, or a group mission you want to automate but don't feel like writing a whole new macro, you write a script inside modbot, atleast thats the way I understand its ultimate versatility/power I think.

For 95% of us, we will still be using KA or some other all inclusive macro:D

Yes. Modbot is for those that need/want more than Kiss offers or really want to min/max and micromanage their toons.

A serious working knowledge of MQ2 syntax is required.

News - A sleeping giant has awakened and is ready to join KissAssist and Auto Macros

Users who are viewing this thread

Back